This post was most recently updated on July 29th, 2022
The Outlook add-in makes the process of signing into Zoom easier and quicker by using the same credentials Office 365 uses for signing into Outlook to sign into the user’s account of Zoom, thus automating the process of signing in.
- In case you are pre-configuring the SSO URL for Outlook add-ins by using the add-in manifest, you need to make sure you are using the latest manifest file for the Outlook add-in.
- To make use of this feature, users will also need to be able to sign in using Single Sign-On (SSO), which is also a requirement.
- The use of this feature with Microsoft Intune is not supported currently.
Prerequisites enabling auto-login for the Outlook add-in
- Your Zoom account has been configured with SSO
- enabled access to your Microsoft Azure account
- for Office 365 subscriptions
- for Outlook versions supported by Microsoft
- Outlook 2019: build version 13901.20400 or higher
- Outlook 2016: build version 13901.20336 or higher
- Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- version 1.3 or higher of the Office Identity API
Enabling auto-login with SSO credentials
- If you are an account owner or administrator, you will need to sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Next, click the Advanced tab in the Zoom web portal.
- During the sign in process, enable the option to use Single Sign-On credentials to automatically sign in to Outlook with the SSO method.
After the Zoom add-in for Outlook has been installed, users should be automatically signed in using their existing SSO credentials once the Zoom add-in for Outlook is installed.