The local recordings files on a computer will allow you to access the local recordings that were made during a meeting or webinar that was recorded locally to that computer for future review.
Prerequisites for accessing local recordings
- A previous recording of this meeting can be found here
- If you wish to view a list of all local recordings in the web portal, you must have recorded the meeting/webinar using:
- For Windows users, Zoom desktop client version 4.0.25513.0228 or higher is required
- Zoom client for Mac OS, version 4.0.25513.0228 or later
How to find the default location for local recording files
Recordings made locally are placed by default in the following directory:
- Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
- Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
- Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
How to access and convert local recording files with the desktop client
- Click the Meetings tab in the Zoom desktop client after opening it.
- You can select a meeting that has been recorded locally by clicking on the Recorded tab.
- Here are the options you can use for managing your local recordings:
- Open: You will be able to open the folder in which the recordings are stored. You can see the file format (video, audio, etc.) displayed in the folder to indicate the type of the file.
- Play Video: Select the default player in your computer to play the recorded meeting.
- Play Audio: In the case of a recorded meeting, use the default player of your computer to play the sound.
- Delete: Deleting the recorded meeting from your computer permanently.
- Refresh icon : You may have trouble seeing the recording if you do not refresh the list.
- If you want others to be able to see your recording, you can follow the steps to share a local recording.
How to view or change the default file location for local recordings
Zoom client settings enable you to specify the default location for local recordings. You can find this in the Recordings section.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client by using your email address and password.
- From the Zoom desktop client, click your profile picture followed by Settings.
- Select the Recording tab.
- You will see the following options beside Local Recording:
- Then if you click the Open button, you will be able to see your local recordings in that folder.
- Select the Change option to make your local recordings stored in a different location.
Read it also –
How to access local recordings on the web portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Then click the Recordings tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- Select Local Recordings from the list of options.
Depending on your phone, you will see the following information: meeting topic, meeting ID, date, time, computer name, and file path for the recording.
- Please select the appropriate option from the list of available options.
- Open: Select the local recording file from the list of options. As soon as your browser prompts you to open Zoom, Zoom redirects you to the location where the file is located.
- Delete: A recording can be removed from the list by using this feature. You can still find it on the computer where it was recorded, but it will no longer be visible in your web portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Zoom local recording not showing up?
Can I move a Zoom recording from local to cloud?
How long does it take for Zoom recordings to show up?
How do I save a Zoom recording to my computer?
How do I send a local Zoom recording via email?
- Whenever you are logged in to the Zoom account, you will notice something called Recordings on the right side of the screen, where you can look at previous recordings.
- The second step consists of clicking on the Share button…
- The Zoom cloud recording link can be shared with your colleagues via an email or corporate messaging app by sending them an email or pasting it into a message that they can open.