You can choose the location to save some Communications Content if you’re a paid customer (including Pro). To choose one of these locations:
- United States
Data related to an account and data related to an operation will once again be stored in the United States.
The following Communications Content can be accessed by Administrators by setting the following location:
- Organizing meetings and webinars
- Using the cloud recording service
- Transcripts of cloud recordings
- Are provided in the event that the meeting was recorded as well as a copy of the meeting files
- Zoom Phone
- Recording and transcription of the call
- Including transcripts of voicemails and voicemails
- Personalized with personalized greetings
In the following case, the location in which Communications Content is stored will not be changed. As long as the account is provisioned in the same region, it will remain stored there:
- Messages sent through chat (outside of meetings)
- Meeting/webinar polls
- Webinar Q&A
- SMS messages
- SMS logs
- Call logs
Furthermore, you can use advanced SAML mapping to assign the location of a storage device as an attribute.
Prerequisites for managing the communications Content storage location
- The account owner, the administrator, or a custom role with the relevant permissions
- If you are a Pro account holder
- The following article is only applicable to administrators. There are some limitations as to how users within a Business or Enterprise account can view and change the location of Communications Content.
- In the case of international provisioned accounts, you are not able to request provisioning to take place in a specific region since requesting provisioning to be done in a region is a change in storage location across all the accounts in your account.
Changing the Communications Content storage location
- Ensure that you have the privileges to edit the account profile of the account as an admin of the Zoom web portal.
- You can do this by clicking Account Management and then Account Profile in the navigation panel.
- Then, you should scroll down until you see Communications Content Storage Location.
- Click on the drop-down box to choose a location.
You may notice that the Group Management pages has been changed to Groups if you registered for a Zoom account after August 21, 2021; or, if you have enabled the New Admin Experience on your account.
- If you are an admin associated with a group that has the privilege of editing groups, log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to User Management, then click Group Management to open the Zoom group management page.
- You will get a list of communication content storage locations as you scroll down.
- Click on the location you wish to select from the drop-down menu.
- If you are an admin and are authorized to edit users, then you should login to the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to the User Management section, then click the Users link.
- On the Users page, click the name or email of the user you wish to edit.
- Scroll down to the section where you can find information about content storage locations.
- Once you have selected a location, you can save the changes.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit rooms.
- Select Zoom Rooms from the Room Management menu.
- Click a location in the room hierarchy that you want to edit. For example, if you want the same content for all rooms on a particular floor, click the floor name in the hierarchy.
- Click the Edit button next to the location you chose. You can do this on an account level, a location level, a floor level, or a room level.
- For the entire account:
- Choose Account Settings from the Zoom Rooms menu.
- For a location:
- Click on the location’s name in Zoom Rooms. Choose Edit from the menu.
- For a floor:
- Click the arrow next to the location in Zoom Rooms and you will be taken to the location. Select the floor by clicking on the floor name in the list. From the Edit menu, select the floor you wish to edit.
- For a room:
- You can open Zoom Rooms by clicking on the location’s name on the left-hand side of the screen. From the list, click on the floor you would like to see. Next, click on Edit next to the name of the room.
- Next, choose a storage location for communication content.
- Click Save, then select the location from the drop-down menu.
Zoom Phone auto receptionist
- As an administrator, you will have the privilege to edit auto receptionists if you log in to the Zoom web portal.
- When you login to the Zoom web portal, click on the Edit button.
- Please click on the Phone System Management section of the navigation menu and then click the Substitute Receptionists link.
- Select the auto receptionist that you would like to edit from the list.
- Scroll down to the section titled “Memory Locations for Communication Content.”.
- Choose a memory location from the drop-down list, then click Save.
Zoom Phone call queue
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed as an administrator with the ability to edit the call queues.
- Select Phone System Management from the menu, and then select Call Queues.
- You will be able to edit any call queue that you have selected.
- Go to the Communication Content Storage section to find the communication content storage location.
- Then click the Save button when you have selected a location.
Zoom Phone shared line group
- If you are an administrator with the ability to edit shared line groups, you will need to log into the Zoom web portal.
- To do this, visit the Phone System Management page and then click on Shared Lines in the navigation menu.
- Then, click on the tab named Shared Line Groups.
- On the following screen, you will see the item named Shared Line Groups.
- To find out where to store communication content, you can scroll down.
- You will see the dropdown menu, so you will need to select a location.
Changing the Communications Content storage location for individual recordings
- During registration in our Zoom web portal, you will need to log in as an administrator with the privilege of managing recordings.
- Click on Account Management then click on Recording Management from the navigation bar.
- Click on the recording you wish to move.
- Next, you will need to choose More then Move Location from the right-hand side.
- In the dropdown menu, you can select a location.
- Select Move to proceed.