In addition to being able to invite SIP and H.323 room systems to join a meeting that has already been initiated, room systems can also be called directly from desktop or mobile clients without the need to initiate a meeting first.
Prerequisites for calling a room system directly from the client
- Callers must be Licensed users in order to place a call
- Add-on: Room Connector for Microsoft Office 365
- Using the Zoom desktop client, you can:
- Version 4.4.52578.0415 or higher is required for Windows
- It is recommended that you use version 4.4.52551.0414 or higher for macOS
- Using Zoom’s mobile app on your mobile device
- The Android version must be at least 4.4.52504.0411
- It is recommended to use iOS version 4.4.52578.0415 or higher.
How to enable Call a SIP/H.323 room system directly from the client
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click on Account Management in the navigation panel, then click on Account Settings to access your account settings.
- Select the Meeting tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Check that the option Call a SIP/H.323 room system directly from the client is enabled under More Settings
There is an option to enable it.
- It is possible to enable the setting by clicking the toggle if it is disabled. The change will be verified by clicking Turn On if you receive a verification dialog box.
- Click the lock icon in the top right corner of your account and then click Lock to confirm that you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in your account.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You will be able to access Groups by clicking User Management in the navigation panel.
- Click on the name of the relevant group from the list, then click on the Meeting tab to open the Meeting menu.
- It is important that you verify that under Other, you are able to call a SIP/H.323 room system directly from the client
This option has been enabled.
- You can enable this setting by clicking on the toggle if it is disabled. To verify your changes, click on the Turn On button if a verification dialog appears.
Note: Grayed out options mean that they are locked at the account level and can only be changed at that level if they are grayed out.
- Click the lock icon on the top right hand corner of the window and then click Lock to confirm that this setting is being made mandatory for all users in the group.
- Using the Zoom web portal, sign in to your account.
- The Settings button can be found in the navigation panel.
- Go to the Meetings tab and click on it.
- Check the box next to Call a SIP/H.323 room system directly from the client under Other
This option has been enabled.
- It is possible to enable this setting by clicking the toggle if it is disabled. To verify that the change has been made, please click the Turn On button if a verification dialog appears.
Note: In the case that the option is grayed out, it means that it has been restricted either at the account level or at the group level. Your Zoom administrator should be able to assist you with this issue.
How to call a room system
Call from the Zoom desktop client
- Using the Zoom desktop client, sign in to your account.
- You can call a room by clicking the Call a Room button on the Home tab.
- When you click on H.323/SIP, you will be asked to enter the room system’s address.
- Please click on the Call button.
Call from the Zoom mobile app
- Using the Zoom mobile app, sign in to your account.
- Then tap the button that says Call a Room.
- Select H.323/SIP from the menu, and then enter the room system’s address in the field below.
- Make a call by tapping the Call button.
Call from the iPadOS client
- On an iPad, sign into the Zoom client and start using it.
- To call a meeting, tap the Call a Meeting button.
- Click on H.323/SIP, then enter the address of the room system on the screen.
- Simply tap the Call button to make a call.
Read it also –
|Inviting By Phone And Calling From Zoom Rooms|
|Enabling Or Disabling International Calling In Zoom App|
|Calling H 323 Sip Devices Zoom Room Callout|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I dial a SIP address from Zoom?
The following information can be entered on a SIP device in the following format:
In the welcome screen, enter the IP address only, followed by the meeting ID. Id of the meeting accompanied by the IP address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I enable H 323 Zoom?
- Please use your email address and password to log in to the Zoom website.
- To manage your rooms, you need to click the Room Management link in the navigation menu.
- Then click the H. 323/SIP Room Connector button.
- The Configuration tab can be found by clicking on it.
- As a result, you will have the option to select from a number of options: Display Name on videos:…
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.