In the registration process for webinars, you will be able to customize the registration process by allowing attendees to be approved, enabling email notifications for registrations, adding a tracking pixel, or adding registration questions to the registration form.
The registration page can also be customized with branding or the traffic to your registration page can also be tracked by setting up source tracking on your registration page. If you decide to use manual approval, you will have to manage the registrations and you may have to re-send confirmation emails to the registrants if you need to.
The following topics will be covered in this article:
- How to manage Registration Settings
- Registration tab
- Questions tab
- Custom Questions tab
Prerequisites for customizing webinar registration
- An add-on for Zoom Webinars that allows you to host webinars
- Registration is enabled for the scheduled webinar
How to manage Registration Settings
- You will be redirected to Zoom’s web portal once you have signed in.
- Click on the Webinars link in the navigation menu on the left side of the page.
- You can customize the webinar by selecting the topic you would like to include in it.
- To access the Invitations tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- On the right side of the Registration Settings section, you will find an Edit button.
There will be a window that allows you to register for the event.
- Click the Registration tab in the Registration window to take you to the Registration page.
The following registration options will be available to you:
- Choose if you would like to register and pay for the event in the Registration section:
- Required: If the Registration option is enabled, then attendees will have to fill out a registration form before they will be able to participate in the webinar. At the time of the webinar, attendees can join by entering their names and email addresses when they visit the webinar URL so that they can join the webinar by entering their names and e-mail addresses during the webinar.
- The registration fee can be charged through PayPal in the following ways: As soon as you have checked this, you can then set how many registrants you will charge and confirm the email address of the person who will receive payment. An account administrator must first configure this setting before it can be used.
- Please choose the type of approval process you would like to use in the Approval section:
- Automatically Approve: In order to participate in the Webinar, users will have to register in advance, as well as have the option of joining the webinar immediately following. As soon as an attendee has registered, the host has the option to deny them admission.
- Manually Approve: In order for users to be able to join the webinar, they will have to register for it in advance and will only be able to join after their registration is approved by the host.
- If you would like to receive email notifications, please select whether you would like to receive them in the Notification section:
- Send an email to host when someone registers: In order to receive a notification when someone signs up for your webinar, make sure to check this option. As soon as their registration is approved, you will send an email to the attendees to let them know.
- There are other webinar registration options that can be configured in the Other options section:
- Close registration after event date: This option can be used if you want to prevent people from registering for the webinar after the scheduled webinar date and time if you wish. The webinar will still be able to take registrations on the event date and once the webinar started, but it has to happen prior to the projected session end time, i.e. before the webinar starts. A webinar with a duration of two hours is scheduled for 9AM, for example if the webinar starts at 9AM and ends at 11AM, the registration will close at 11AM.
- Note: You can make your webinar available on-demand if you enable this setting on your account, and your audiences can register for the on-demand recording using the original registration link that was provided to them.
- Restrict number of registrants: If you wish to limit the number of people who are able to register for the webinar, you must check this option. Any person who tries to register for the webinar after the number of registrants reaches the maximum number, will be notified that, due to the number of registrations, the webinar will be closed.
- Multiple devices should be able to be used to join the meeting: You can enable this feature so that webinar attendees will be able to attend the webinar using multiple devices at the same time, such as a computer and a mobile phone.
- Show social share buttons on registration page: If you check this box, your registration page will display buttons for sharing your registration with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and email for easy sharing.
- To keep track of how many users visit your registration page and successfully complete registration in your webinar, you need to configure a webinar tracking pixel (for example, a Facebook tracking pixel) in the Tracking Pixel section.
- The following information can be added to the registration form (optional): For visits to your registration page, make sure that you enter the URL of the tracking pixel(s) you are using.
- On the successful registration page, you can add the following information (optional): For each successful registration page visit, you will need to provide the URL of the tracking pixel(s) you are using.
- Choose if you would like to register and pay for the event in the Registration section:
- Once you have clicked Save All, a new window will appear.
- During the registration process, you will see a tab named Questions at the top of the window.
- If you would like to include any of the following registration fields on the registration page, please select the check boxes next to them.
- If you do not want to make that field required, you can select the Required checkbox if you want to do so in order to prevent users from submitting the form without filling out that field.
- Save all the changes by clicking the Save All button.
- There are certain fields that will appear as dropdown menus for attendees, such as Country/Region and State/Province.
Custom Questions tab
- The Registration window has a tab for Custom Questions, which you can click in order to insert questions into your registration form.
- You can add a new question by clicking on the New Question button.
- There are three types of questions that you can ask: Short answer, Single answer, and Multiple answer questions.
- The question must be required in order to be submitted.
- Please enter your question in the space provided.
- Enter the answer options for questions that require a single answer or multiple answers.
- Once you have clicked Create, your project will be created. To create additional custom questions, you will need to repeat the steps above.
- You can save your customized registration by clicking Save All at the bottom of the page.
Read it also –
|Customize The Content Displayed In Zoom Rooms|
|How To Customize The Meeting Schedule Email Template In Zoom App|
|How To Customize The Recording Consent Disclaimer In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
Are zoom webinar registration links unique?
In case the webinar requires attendees to register for the webinar, the host will be responsible for sharing the registration link with attendees and ensuring that they fill out the registration form. You will receive an email notification once they register with a unique joining link as part of the email notification.
How do I customize my Zoom invitation?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to customize your meeting invitation emails.
Click Account Management in the main navigation menu of the website, followed by Account Settings. This will give you access to your account or group settings.
Go to the Tab Meetings and click on it.
If you wish to update the invitation email template, click the Edit button in the Invitation Email Branding section.
Once you have clicked on Apply Changes, you will be able to finish the process.
How do I edit my Zoom webinar template?
You can access the account settings by clicking the Account Management menu item in the navigation menu. On the Meetings tab, click the Meetings button. The Webinar Templates setting can be found under the Schedule Meeting section. To manage templates, click the Manage Templates button.
How do I see who has registered for my Zoom webinar?
Click on the Invitations tab (if you are attending a webinar) or the Registration tab (if you are attending a meeting). You can find these sections under the Manage Attendees (Webinars) or Manage Registrants (Meetings) section, and on the right hand side, you can either Edit or View the information. As soon as this button is clicked, the list of registrants for this meeting or webinar will be displayed.
How do I save a webinar template in zoom?
Save this Webinar as a Template is an option that is next to the Start this Webinar and Edit options.
Can you put a logo on Zoom?
If you click on the Advanced button on the navigation panel, then you will see Branding. In the Meetings & Webinars section, click on “Webinars & Meetings”. Make sure to scroll down until you reach the section on Live Streaming Watermarks. The logo can be added by clicking the Change button.