Note: Before Zoom Chat was called the Zoom IM dashboard, it was known as the Zoom Chat dashboard. Take a look at what has been released on July 1, 2021 in terms of UI enhancements.
In Zoom Chat, our group messaging product, account owners and admins can view statistics about their account usage. The metrics for sent messages can be viewed along with a breakdown of the types of messages you have sent, for example files, images, or animated GIFs. Additionally, you can view the overall number of messages that have been sent in the account as well.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to access the Zoom Chat dashboard
- Metrics glossary
- How to use overall metrics
Prerequisites for using the Zoom Chat dashboard
- Whether you are looking for a business plan, an education plan, or an API plan
- Ownership of the account or admin privileges on the account
How to access the Zoom Chat dashboard
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- Click on the Dashboard link in the navigation panel.
- Click the Zoom Chat tab located at the top of your Dashboard screen once you have logged in.
- Filtering or customizing the data can be done using the following options:
- In order to select a date range, you can use the drop-down menu and tabs at the top of the page to do so.
- In order to display metrics only for a specific user, you can use the search box at the top of the page.
- To download the filtered data in the form of a CSV file, click the Export to CSV button.
You can use the following list to get a better understanding of the metrics available in Zoom Chat’s dashboard by following the explanations.
Sent Messages: Messages sent in total, one-on-one, and in channels/groups. It includes all types of messages, including text, files, images, code snippets, GIFs, audio files, videos, as well as GIPHY.
- Total: There have been a total of messages sent.
- 1:1: A message was sent in a 1-on-1 conversation (a message was sent directly to another Zoom user).
- Channels & Group Chats are divided into the following categories: In a channel or group, messages are sent to other members of the channel.
Sent Messages by Type: In the table below, you can find the types of messages that were sent (texts, files, images, code snippets, GIPHYs, audio, and video).
- Text:A message that only contains text and is sent to a recipient
- Files:Those sent files are either local files or files that have been shared using file sharing integrations (Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Microsoft SharePoint), which is a combination of both kinds of files.
- Images: I have sent images in the following formats: PNG, JPG, and screen captures, which are all images in the format of
- Code Snippet: Please find attached snippets of code.
- GIPHYs: GIF animations (Giphy) have been sent to you.
- Audio: The following audio messages have been sent:
- Videos: The video files have been sent to you.
How to use overall metrics
There is also an option to view the overall number of messages that have been sent in the account.
- Access the Zoom web portal by logging in to your account.
- The dashboard can be accessed from the navigation panel by clicking the Dashboard link.
- When you are looking at the Meetings heading, click on the drop down arrow on the right side of Top 10 Users By or Usage By, then select Zoom Chat Sent Messages from the drop-down menu.