As part of the webinar polling features, you will be given the option to create a single choice or multiple choice polling question, and you will also be able to add ranked choice options, matching options, short answers, and long answers. Also, if you want to make the poll function as a quiz, you can also set the correct answers.
The poll can be launched during a meeting and you will be able to gather the responses from your participants during the meeting. Detailed information regarding the results of the poll, such as the answers given by each participant and the times of submission, is available in the polling reports, which are available by default after the meeting is concluded, but can also be accessed during the live session if required. When conducting a poll, you also have the option to conduct it anonymously, if you do not wish to collect any information about the participants with the results of the poll.
As well as creating basic polls, you can also launch them.
There is also the option to create advanced polls in a webinar in addition to standard polls.
Prerequisites for advanced polling and quizzes for webinars
- Add-on for Zoom Webinars
- Webinars with advanced polling and quizzes are now available
- Client for the Zoom desktop application
- The Windows operating system must be version 5.8.3 or higher
- Mac OS X: version 5.8.3 or a later version
- The Linux operating system must be version 5.8.3 or higher
- Using Zoom’s mobile app on your mobile device
- Using a web browser as a client
Limitations for advanced polling
- There is a setting in the webinar software that allows only the original webinar host to edit or add polls during the meeting. The user who has been given the host or co-host role will only be able to launch polls that have already been created by that user once that role has been transferred. It is possible for alternative hosts to add or edit polls, but when setting up an alternative host, the host must ensure that the setting for allowing alternative hosts to add or edit polls is enabled.
- In order to take part in an advanced poll or quiz on the webinar, all webinar attendees need to be on the supported version or higher, or else they won’t be able to see it or participate in it. It is recommended that you join through the web client if you are unable to update to the minimum version.
- An individual poll can have a maximum of 50 questions, and each poll can have a maximum of 50 questions for a single meeting.
- There will be only one poll occurrence displayed in the poll report if a poll is relaunched in a webinar after the original poll was launched. Consider creating a second poll with the same questions as the original poll if you know you will have to launch the survey twice and wish to gather both sets of data from both, so that you do not have to repeat the process.
- There is a requirement that the uploaded images must be in either PNG or JPEG format, and the file size cannot exceed 2 MB.
How to create an advanced poll
In order to create polling questions for a webinar, you may do it in advance, or you can do it during the webinar. You will be redirected to the web portal if you choose to create and/or edit a poll during a live meeting, as you will be prompted to do so.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select Webinars from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- You will be able to view your scheduled webinar by clicking on the topic. Please schedule a webinar now, if you do not already have one webinar page. Here you will see a list of scheduled.
- You will find a tab for Polls/Quizzes at the bottom of the page.
- You can create advanced polls and quizzes by clicking on the + Create button.
- Changing the name of this set of polls can be done by clicking the Untitled Advanced Poll button.
- In order to edit the following details, you will need to click on the question area:
- It is possible to edit the name of the polling question by clicking on the Untitled Question area of the polling form.
- You will find a drop-down menu to the right of the question’s name allowing you to choose the type of polling question you wish to ask:
- Single Choice:There is only one option that can be selected by participants in the poll. There can be a drop-down menu or a list of possible answers at once, which you can choose from.
- Multiple Choice: Participants in the poll will be able to select more than one answer from the options provided.
- Matching: By matching prompts on the left side of the screen with answers on the right side, poll participants are able to answer questions. It is possible to adjust the order of prompts and answers according to your needs. Depending on how the question is phrased, there can be up to nine prompts, with the possibility of a matching between two and nine options.
- Rank Order: On the provided scale, poll participants are able to rank each item according to how important they think it is. The scale can be set to allow a range of 2-7 options for each question, and the number of items can vary between 10 and 100.
- Short Answer: It is possible for participants in the poll to provide a short response in response to the question. The response can be set to have a minimum and maximum number of characters.
- Long Answer: It is possible for poll participants to provide a long answer to the question. There can be a maximum and a minimum number of characters allowed in a response.
- Fill in the blank: During the polling process, participants are given a statement and a blank, with a question asking them, based on the statement and other context provided, to fill in the missing information. Each blank can have its own answer box and can be added multiple times.
- Rating scale: On a given scale, participants are given statements or topics and asked to give their ratings on what they think about those topics. Scales can be adjusted from their default range of 1-10, and the ends of the scale can be labeled to indicate the scale’s basis, for example, the scale can go from Extremely unlikely to Not likely based on the factors that are considered by the researcher.
- For each choice, you will need to enter an answer in the blank to allow participants to choose from the options you have given them.
- Depending on the type of poll question selected, you may choose to add additional answers by clicking + Add Choice, + Add Row, + Add Column, + Add Prompt, or + Add Answer (depending on the type of poll question selected).
- There is an option to delete the question that is currently being polled.
- Here are some additional options that you can access by clicking here:
- Upload Image: The admin has the option of allowing you to upload an image that will display below the question if this option is enabled by him.
- Note: The images must either be in the form of a PNG or a JPEG file.
- Duplicate Question: Make a copy of the current polling question in the same format as it is currently.
- You can ensure that a question must be answered before a poll answer can be submitted by selecting the check box next to Required.
- In order to add an additional question, click the Add a Question button (optional).
- The following option can be accessed by clicking on the button:
- Allow participants to answer questions anonymously: Participants in the poll will be able to select whether they wish to have their answers associated with themselves or if they wish to provide anonymous responses to the poll.
- Make a quiz and set correct answers: More information can be found in the section below.
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.
All questions under one single poll that will be launched during the meeting will be asked when the poll is launched. In order to ask questions during the webinar, you will have the option to create additional polls.
How to create a quiz
In order for the polling feature to be used as a quizzing platform, you will need to set the correct answers and score the respondent’s accuracy.
Note: There can only be a correct answer set for a poll that has a single choice, multiple choice, matching, and rank order option. There will be a manual scoring process for both short answer and long answer questions.
- The poll should be of an advanced nature in terms of its design.
- You can create a quiz by clicking the button and setting the correct answers to the questions.
- The answer to each question can be set by clicking the set answer button.
- Depending on your preference, you can select which answer(s) you think are the correct answer(s).
- Then click the Done button.
- Repeat the process for each question.
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.
How to use the Polls/Quizzes library
It may be possible for you to manage a central library of polls and quizzes for webinars if they have been enabled by your admin. In your webinars, you can create or edit polls that can be used as a part of the presentation. There will be a poll that will appear in the list of polls that can be launched inside a webinar when the poll is marked as being available to all webinars.
Access the Polls/Quizzes tab
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your Zoom username and password.
- Click the Webinars link in the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- There is a tab for Polls/Quizzes that you can click on.
Create a poll in the Polls/Quizzes tab
In order to be able to access your first saved poll/quiz for all your webinars, you must create it first.
- Click on the Polls/Quizzes tab to access the polls and quizzes.
- Please select Polls from the menu
Note: There will be two options displayed when advanced polling and quizzing are enabled: Poll as well as advanced polling and quizzing.
- A poll that is advanced can be created.
You will be able to see your advanced poll once you create it by clicking on the Polls/Quizzes tab after you create it.
- Under Enable, click the toggle to enable or disable the polls/quizzes that you have created for all your webinars, so that you can enable them for all your webinars.
- If you would like to create a more advanced poll/quiz, simply click the + Create button.
The name, type, and number of advanced polls and quizzes will be displayed on the page next to each quiz or poll including the type (Polls, Quizzes, Advanced Polls), number of questions, and enable option.
Use actions for individual polls
In the Polls/Quizzes tab of the website, you have the option of selecting a number of actions after creating an advanced poll or quiz. Among these actions are the following:
- In order to edit your poll/quiz, click the pencil icon to the right of the poll/quiz.
- When you are viewing a poll or quiz, click on the ellipsis to the right of it.
- Depending on what action you choose, you will be able to:
- Duplicate: This will result in the poll or quiz being duplicated.
- Delete: You will be able to delete the polls and quizzes that you have created.
Use batch actions for multiple polls
Using the Polls and Quizzes tab, you are able to create multiple polls and quizzes that can be used in different ways:
- If you want to check the box by name, you need to select it.
There will be a checkbox for each poll/quiz’s checkbox selected.
In case you do not wish to select all polls/quizzes, you can select only the polls/quizzes you wish to select.
- For the multiple polls/quizzes that have been selected, you can choose from the following batch actions:
- Disable for My Webinars: Upon enabling the toggle for the selected polls/quizzes, they will be disabled and will not be available for all the webinars in which you have selected them.
- Enable for My Webinars: For all webinars you will be able to view the toggles for the selected polls/quizzes if you choose Enable under the Polls/Quizzes tab.
- Duplicate: There will be a duplicate of the selected polls/quizzes.
- Delete: It will be deleted the polls/quizzes that you have selected.
Filter the Polls/Quizzes tab
It is possible to display different filters by selecting the All Types dropdown menu. You can filter your polls/quizzes based on Polls, Advanced Polls, or Quizzes so that you can see what you need to see.
How to launch a poll or quiz
Attendees aren’t immediately able to respond to polls in a webinar, as the host has to launch a poll for them to respond to in order to participate. In either case, it is mandatory to create the poll on the web portal before the webinar starts, or during the live session, but in either case, the poll must be created prior to the webinar.
- Activate the polling feature in the scheduled webinar that you have scheduled.
- Click on the Polls/Quizzes button in the webinar controls.
- You will find the poll or quiz you want to launch at the top of the polling window (if more than one poll or quiz has been created).
- If you wish to allow panelists to vote, click and then click Allow panelists to vote.
- Click on the Launch button to begin the process.
There will now be a polling question prompted to the participants in the webinar, and they have the option to answer it. There will be a live feed of the results available to the host.
- You can end the poll by clicking the End Poll button once you have decided to stop it.
- Here are the options that can be accessed by clicking on the button:
- Re-launch Poll: A new poll will be launched.
- Note: In a webinar, if a poll is relaunched, only the last occurrence of the poll will appear in the poll report when the poll is relaunched. Consider creating a second poll with the same questions as the original poll to avoid the need for relaunching the poll if you know you will need to launch the same poll twice and want both sets of data.
- Download results: In the following steps, you will be able to launch your default web browser to download the entire poll report, which will show what each participant chose, rather than the percentages of the choices they made.
- Note: Please contact Zoom Support if you would like to have this feature enabled.
- View Results from Browser: Displays the same polling results in the web page with the help of your default web browser once you launch it.
- To share the results with the participants of the meeting, click on Share Results to share the results with them.
- If you want the viewers to be able to see the correct answers for all questions, you should check the box next to Show correct answers to all.
Read it also –
|Polling For Zoom Meetings|
|Enabling Polling For Zoom Meetings|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable advanced polling in zoom?
How do you make a poll on Zoom app?
Can you add polls during a zoom meeting?
How many poll questions can I have in zoom?
Why is poll not showing on Zoom?