The meeting host, the co-hosts, and participants can report an incompetent participant to Zoom as part of Zoom’s in-meeting security feature. Through this feature, you can ensure that your meetings are secure. You have the option to select which participants you want to report on, include any written details, and add attachments to your report. Upon entering this information, the Zoom Trust and Safety team is automatically notified so that it can evaluate any misuse of the platform and block the user if necessary.
There are a few steps you need to follow in order to change the Report to Zoom setting
- You can sign up for a free or paid account
- and become the owner or administrator of the account
What is the process for enabling or disabling the Report to Zoom setting?
For all users in the account, you can choose whether to enable or disable the reports to zoom feature and other options:
- If you have been given the privilege to edit account settings by an administrator, please sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Account Management in the navigation menu, then on Account Settings.
- Then click on the Meeting tab.
- To enable or disable the Report to Zoom feature, click the toggle next to In Meeting (Advanced).
- To verify whether the change has been made, you will need to click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- (Optional) To provide additional reporting abilities, you can select the following check boxes, then click Save to save the changes:
- Provide a way for participants to report during meetings
- meetings; Offer hosts the option of reporting participants after meetings
- You will only find these options on the account level and they will be disabled by default.
- You have the option to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account by clicking the lock icon , and then clicking Lock to confirm the setting.
For users that are part of a group, the following options will be available:
- You will need to log in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit your groups.
- Click on User Management then Group Management from the navigation menu.
- From the list of group names, find the appropriate group.
- On the Meetings tab, click the “Start Meeting” button.
- The Report to Zoom toggle is under the In Meeting (Advanced) menu. Click on it to enable or disable it as you wish.
- Depending on whether a verification dialog appears, you will have the option of clicking Enable or Disable to confirm the change.
- Generally, if a button is grayed out it means it has been locked down at the account level and must be changed at the account level.
- You can make this setting mandatory for all users in the group if you wish, by clicking the lock icon , and then clicking Lock to confirm the setting.
Depending on how you wish to use Report to Zoom, you can either enable or disable it:
- Access the Zoom web portal by logging in to your account.
- Select the Settings option on the left hand side of the page.
- You will find a Meeting tab at the top of the page.
- On the Report to Zoom toggle under In Meeting (Advanced) you will be able to toggle between enabling and disabling this feature.
- Click the Enable or Disable button if a confirmation dialog box appears when you try to make the change.
- When an option is grayed out, it means that at the account or group level, it has been locked. The administrator of the Zoom account needs to be contacted.