In order to increase security in a meeting or webinar, you have the option of hiding all profile pictures of participants in the meeting or webinar and displaying only their names, including that of the host. This will make it impossible for participants to update their profile pictures or share them with other participants. In meeting settings and webinars, this setting is useful in preventing distracting images from being displayed and to enhance privacy and security in meetings and webinars.
A meeting must meet the following requirements in order for participant profile pictures to be hidden
- For Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.4.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.4.3 or higher
- Linux: 5.4.3 or higher
- For Zoom mobile app
- Android: 5.4.3 or higher
- iOS: 5.4.3 or higher
The best way to hide your meeting and webinar participants’ profile pictures
Meetings and webinars can both be affected by this setting.
For all users of the account, there is an option to Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting if the following option is enabled or disabled:
- If you are an account administrator, you will have the privilege to edit account settings once you sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- You can access the account settings by clicking Account Management in the navigation menu.
- Next, click Meetings in the left hand menu.
- To enable or disable this feature, click the toggle next to In Meeting (Basic) and allow or disallow Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting.
- In the event that a dialog window appears asking for verification, click Enable or Disable to confirm the adjustment.
- The lock icon should be clicked and then clicked again to confirm that the setting has been locked so that none of the users in the account can change it.
A user group can be requested to hide a participant’s profile picture in a meeting by enabling or disabling it as follows:
- As a Zoom administrator, you will have the privilege of editing groups from the Zoom web portal.
- Click on User Management then click on Group Management from the navigation panel.
- You will then see a list of the various groups available, click the one applicable to you, then click the Settings button.
- Choose the Meetings tab, and click OK.
- You can enable or disable this toggle under the In Meeting (Basic) section, under Hide participant profile pictures in meetings.
- Then click Disable or Enable to verify the change if a verification dialog appears.
The grayed out option indicates that it has been locked at the account level and if you want to change it at that level you will have to change it there.
- Click on the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm this setting. Users in the group will not be able to make changes to this setting if the lock icon is clicked.
For your own use, you can enable or disable the ability to hide participant profiles during a meeting by following these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your e-mail address and password.
- You will be redirected to the Settings section of the Zoom website.
- From there, click on Meetings.
- The Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting toggle switch appears under In Meeting (Basic), and you can toggle it to enable or disable the feature.
- To verify the change, click Enable or Disable on the dialog that appears if a verification dialog appears.
The options below will be grayed out if they have been locked either at the group level or at the account level. If you need your Zoom admin to unlock them, please contact them.
When you are attending a meeting or participating in a webinar, how can you hide your profile pictures?
When in a meeting, hide your profile pictures
- Start a meeting as the host.
- Click Security .
- From the menu, select Hide Profile Pictures.
You will no longer see any of your profile pictures.
You can hide your profile picture during a webinar if you wish to do so
- You will be the host for a webinar.
- You can select participants by clicking on the Participants button.
- On the Participants panel, click the down arrow at the bottom of the panel.
- Select Hide Profile Pictures from the dropdown menu.
You will be able to hide all the images on your profile.