Polling is a meeting feature that can be enabled either at the account, group, or user level, depending on whether the feature is used. Using this feature, you can create polls based on single options or multiple options that you can request from your participants. Additionally, you can create advanced polls that allow you to create questions that match, place in ranked order, provide short answers, or provide lengthy answers. In addition to using advanced polls as online quizzes, they can also be used as a tool for assessing how many answers are correct. You will be able to launch the poll during the meeting, and participants will be able to give you their feedback on the poll. At the end of the meeting, you will be able to download the results of the poll. In case you would like to avoid collecting any personal information about the participants of the poll, we can conduct the polls anonymously.
What are the requirements to enable polling at meetings?
- There are four types of accounts: Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise
- Accounts must be licensed in order to sign up for any of these types of accounts
What are the steps to enable polling in meetings?
All members of your organization are able to participate in meeting polls if you follow the following steps:
- As an administrator who has the privilege to edit the Zoom web portal settings, log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to the Account Management menu item, then click the Account Settings button.
- Next, click the Meetings tab.
- The Meeting Polls/Quizzes toggle can be found in the In Meeting (Basic) area. After selecting it, you can enable them or disable them.
- Depending on if you get a confirmation dialog, you will have to decide whether you want to enable or disable the change.
- In order to enable the following features, check the boxes next to each item, then click Save to enable the selected options.
- Enable hosting polls and quizzes that allow hosts to gather more information.
- Allow alternative host to add or edit polls and quizzes: When a host schedules a meeting with alternative hosts, they can allow the alternative hosts to add, edit, and download polls in a meeting.
- (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
To enable meeting polling for all members of a specific group:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator with the privilege to edit user groups.
- In the navigation menu, click User Management then Group Management.
- Click the applicable group name from the list.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under In Meeting (Basic), click the Meeting Polls/Quizzes toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) Select the check boxes to enable the follow features, then click Save.
- Allow host to create advanced polls and quizzes
- Allow alternative host to add or edit polls and quizzes: When an alternative host is requested to participate in a meeting, they can allow them to add, edit, or download polls while the meeting is in progress.
- The settings can be locked by clicking the lock icon . If you want to prevent all users in the group from changing this setting, then confirm the lock by clicking Lock.
For your own use, you can enable meeting polling by clicking on the following link:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- After logging in, click Settings on the menu bar.
- Select Meeting from the drop down menu.
- The Meeting Polls/Quizzes toggle switch is located under the Meeting (Basic) section, and allows you to enable or disable the feature.
- To verify that the change has been made, you may want to click on the Enable or Disable links if a verification dialog appears.
Note: You will need to contact your Zoom administrator if you see this option grayed out, as it may have been blocked at either the group or account level.
- The following options can be turned on by checking the boxes to enable them, and then clicking Save when finished.
Meeting polls: how to use them
You can enable polls for meetings by following these steps:
- You will need to create a simple meeting poll (which includes one choice or multiple choice questions).
- In addition to randomly choosing, ranked choice, short answer and long answer options, as well as single and multiple choice questions, you can create advanced polls and quizzes.
- Check your poll results both early and often.