Zoom is a Zoom plugin which can be added to IBM/Lotus Notes for a more convenient and easy way to schedule a meeting. Through the IBM Notes calendar interface, this plugin allows you to schedule a Zoom Meeting along with modifying existing meetings and appointments to Zoom Meetings.
Prerequisites for using the IBM Notes plugin with Zoom
- It is recommended that you use IBM Notes version 9 or higher
- For the installation of Designer Permissions
- That are now part of the Zoom Desktop Client for Windows version 4.0 and above
- The Redistributable Package (x86) for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 is installed
How to download the Zoom Plugin for IBM Notes
From the IBM Notes Download Center, you can download the Zoom Plugin for IBM Notes. Zoom provides a direct installer as well as a Domino server administration installation.
It is possible that you may receive a Notes security alert after installing the Zoom IBM Notes Plugin for the first time. Plugins need to be trusted first to be able to work, so choose the option Trust the signer to perform the action in order to allow the plugin to work.
How to schedule Zoom meetings with IBM Notes
- Using the IBM Notes calendar, you can add, edit, or delete an appointment or meeting.
- In addition, you can specify the event’s time, date, and subject.
- You can schedule the meeting for the time and date you choose. The details of the meeting will auto-populate into the body of the event as soon as you click Add Zoom Meeting.
- Click on the Change Settings button at the top of the event to change the meeting’s settings, such as its video settings, audio settings, and other options.
- During this step you may also consider removing the Zoom meeting from the event, if desired. Go to the top of your event and click Remove Zoom Meeting.