A meeting can be displayed for others if the Display meetings scheduled for others setting is enabled by an admin. A meeting administrator must also add users to a scheduled meeting, assign them the status of alternative hosts, and grant them scheduling privileges as well, in order for them to be able to take part in the meeting. Using this feature, the admin’s scheduled meetings will be displayed and a filter will be available to those designated users when they wish to schedule a meeting with the admin. Using this setting, you can schedule a meeting on someone’s behalf or it can be used as an alternative host in the event of conflicting meeting times.
It is important to note that users with scheduling permissions will only be able to see their meetings if this setting is disabled.
- Additionally, the alternative host must be granted scheduling privileges in order to be able to view or filter meetings scheduled for them as well as enable the Display meetings scheduled for others setting
- It is only through the manual addition of you as an alternative host to another user’s meeting that you can view other user’s meetings that you’re an alternative host for. This has to be done by them.
Prerequisites for Display meetings scheduled for others
- Ownership or administrative privileges on an account
How to enable or disable Display meetings scheduled for others
For all users in the account to be able to view meetings that other users have scheduled for them, follow these steps:
- The Zoom web portal requires that you log in as an administrator with the privilege to make changes to the account settings.
- Click on Account Management from the navigation menu and then click Account Settings from the Account Management menu.
- To access the Meetings tab, click on it.
- In Admin Options, you will find a toggle that will let you enable or disable the display of meetings scheduled for others.
- A confirmation dialog will appear if the change has been made, click on Enable or Disable to verify the change was made.
- The lock icon can be clicked on if you want to make this setting mandatory for all users registered in your account, and you can then click Lock to confirm the setting if you want to make it mandatory.
Using Display meetings scheduled for others
Note: It is necessary that you are manually added to the host’s scheduled meeting (as an alternate host) if you wish to see its scheduled meetings (for which you are an alternative host), as well as having the scheduling privileges from the host.
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you will first need to sign in.
- Select Meetings from the navigation menu and then select Upcoming from the Upcoming section.
- To schedule a meeting, click the Schedule a Meeting button and then click the dropdown menu that appears.
- You can either view or filter the schedule meetings of the host that you would like to view.
The schedule of their meetings will be displayed on the screen.
- By clicking on the dropdown menu, you can choose Myself from the dropdown menu to go back to your meetings.
It will display a list of all the meetings you have scheduled for the day.