Zoom Events accepts payments online through PayPal, a simple and powerful service. Stripe is another online payment platform that can be linked to your account.
This article covers:
- Criteria to link PayPal business to your Zoom Events hub
- How to link a PayPal business account to your Zoom Events hub
- Limitations for paid ticket registration with PayPal
- How to manage payments and billing
- Update payments and billing information
- How to manage the PayPal business account dashboard
- Fund capture
- Approve or reject refunds
- International payments/currencies
- View chargebacks
- View reports
- View sales taxes, GST, VAT
- PayPal payout schedule
- PayPal fees
- How to unlink a PayPal business account from your Zoom Events hub
Prerequisites for linking PayPal business to your Zoom Events hub
- Desktop client for Zoom
- Windows 5.7.6 or later
- 5.7.6 or higher for MacOS
- The Zoom mobile app
- The iOS version must be 5.7.6 or higher
- The Android version must be 5.7.6 or higher
- Account type: Professional, Business, Enterprise, or Education
- Event license for Zoom
- Although version 5.7.6 supports Zoom Events, there may be a blank lobby experience for hosts due to a dependency with Windows’ Webview package.
- Zoom’s desktop client and mobile application should be updated to the latest version for hosts to get the most out of Zoom Events and Webinars.
Criteria to link PayPal business to your Zoom Events hub
PayPal business accounts must be linked to Zoom Events Hub as follows:
- Alternatively, you can use a PayPal business account that you have already created and approved
- Link your PayPal business account to your PayPal account
You will need to follow these steps when creating a new PayPal business account; otherwise, Zoom Events will not link your account:
- Add your bank account to the link, and
- You need to confirm the email address associated with your PayPal account
- You might receive this email within 4 hours if it’s sent from PayPal.
How to link a PayPal business account to your Zoom Events hub
Your Zoom Events hub can be linked to a PayPal business account if it:
- A PayPal business account is not already linked
- There are no pending charges to be resolved
In order to connect your Zoom Events hub to your PayPal business account, follow these steps:
- Zoom Events can be accessed by signing in.
- Click Manage in the upper-right corner.
- You can add your PayPal account to a hub by clicking the hub dropdown menu from the left navigation menu.
- Pay & Billing can be found by clicking the link.
- Select the country in which your hosting income will be received from the dropdown menu, and then click Save.
- When you click Payments & Billing for the first time in a new Hub, this happens as it typically happens for a newly created Hub.
- It will be necessary to select USD as the currency if you select United Arab Emirates and wish to use PayPal as a payment platform. You will be required to link your Stripe account to your account if you choose United Arab Emirates and want to process payments in AED.
- By clicking on the link under the PayPal logo, you will be able to get to your PayPal account.
- Click on the Next button after entering your email address.
- It is important that you enter the billing address information correctly before continuing.
- It’s possible to skip this section, but you won’t be able to create paid events without adding a billing address.
- Then click the Create Event button.
After your PayPal business account has been successfully linked to Zoom Events, you will receive an email confirmation.
Limitations for paid ticket registration with PayPal
Paid events can be scheduled on any date by Zoom Event hosts.
Your event’s paid ticket registration will not be available to attendees until 29 days before the start of the paid event when PayPal is the online payment platform linked to your Zoom Events hub.
Paid ticket registration for your event will not be available until 12 months before your paid event begins if your Zoom Events hub is linked to both PayPal business and Stripe accounts.
How to manage payments and billing
Update payments and billing information
- Zoom Events can be accessed by signing in.
- On the right-hand side, click Manage.
- To manage a PayPal account, click the hub drop-down menu on the left navigation menu.
- Click on Payments & Billing.
- Fill out the required information under Your Address.
Note: In order to create paid events, you need to have a billing address on file.
- Save your changes.
How to manage the PayPal business account dashboard
This is where you can manage payments and refunds, respond to disputes, and operate your PayPal business account. A glance at your account activity can also provide useful information.
The transaction will remain pending for two days after a credit or debit card is used to purchase a ticket. When a refund/cancellation occurs during this time period, you will not have to pay PayPal processing fees.
Note: PayPal charges processing fees for all transactions, regardless of whether a refund is issued. The transaction is authorized after two days, which means that the credit card or bank issuing the card/payment has approved the transaction. Within two days after the purchase, the attendee’s credit or debit card will be charged.
Approve or reject refunds
Within 14 days of an event’s end date, Zoom Events allows you to approve or reject refund requests.
The refund request must be approved or rejected through your PayPal business account 15 days after the event has ended.
Note: Additional currencies must be enabled on PayPal business accounts. Unclaimed funds will automatically go to an unclaimed status if they are received in a currency that is not enabled on the account.
You’ll need to make adjustments to your PayPal account dashboard in order to accept international payments. Please visit this PayPal support page for instructions on how to make these adjustments. There are three options available to you:
- Payments/currencies from abroad can be accepted, and they are converted to your PayPal account’s primary currency.
- If the customer’s payment is denied, the purchase cannot be completed.
- Accept all international payments/currencies and create a new holding balance in that currency.
The PayPal support page provides detailed instructions and more information.
When credit card holders dispute a specific charge with their credit card issuer, they are requesting a refund.
If you receive a chargeback, there are many reasons for it, and you can respond to it to help resolve the matter. You can reduce your chargebacks by following some simple tips.
For the right to reclaim your funds, you must respond to a chargeback. The customer will receive a refund if you fail to respond to a chargeback.
In the United States, PayPal charges a dispute fee of $15.00 per transaction. Certain criteria must be met in order to charge the High Volume Dispute Fee.
PayPal provides more information about chargebacks.
Detailed transaction data can be downloaded as a CSV file or viewed as a summary report from the dashboard.
View sales taxes, GST, VAT
When the purchaser reaches the checkout page, a tax amount will be shown. The tax will be collected and remitted on your behalf by Zoom Events.
Note: Go to your PayPal dashboard to view transaction details. In addition to the Stripe processing fee, Zoom will remit the tax collected on your behalf by the Partner fee.
PayPal payout schedule
Zoom Events events pay out at the following times:
- Event: After the event is over, you will receive your payment within 3-21 days.
- Series: After the first event in a series ends, you’ll receive payment within 3-21 days.
Note: Several reasons can cause PayPal to hold money in the waiting room , the screen will change to the following screen. Please wait until the Host‘s pending balance, and the hold can last up to 21 days.
In order to provide the best customer support, Zoom cares for its customers. In some cases, PayPal may be required to deal with delays in funds or other issues. If you are experiencing payment issues, please contact PayPal.
Every successful charge is subject to PayPal’s processing fee; the amount varies by country.
|Accepted payment methods||Customers pay with their PayPal account (Express Checkout) or with credit/debit card through PayPal (Guest Checkout).|
|Fees for US business accounts||3.49% + $0.49 per transaction*
*Fees subject to change if Host reaches volume to directly negotiate fees. See complete pricing+fees.
|Dynamic Micropayments||PayPal can automatically route your payment for a power total transaction cost if you qualify for Dynamic Micropayments.
See complete description of the service.
If you have questions, get in touch with a Business Support Agent at 888-221-1161, or log into your PayPal account and click Contact Us, then choose chat.
|Processing time||Payout Schedule Documentation
Holds with new merchant accounts can take place for multiple reasons. When some sellers receive payments, PayPal may hold the money in their pending balance for up to 21 days.
PayPal’s risk engine can place holds (especially on new accounts that have zero processing history) if PayPal does not have everything with the business account confirmed or is asking the business to provide more info regarding what they are selling.
|Number of days in advance paid event registration can be webinar page. Here you will see a list of scheduled to start||A paid event can be published on any date. The event’s paid ticket registration will open to attendees 29 days before the event’s scheduled start date.|
|Customer support FAQ||New PayPal Customer Host Onboarding Support: email@example.com or via phone at 855-456-1330.
Any merchant that has already processed a payment will need to contact PayPal’s general support.
Help Center: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/home
Contact Support: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us
Phone: 6:00AM PT to 6:00PM PT Monday-Sunday
How to unlink a PayPal business account from your Zoom Events hub
If your PayPal business account is not active, you can unlink it in Zoom Events:
- Paid tickets sold for published events.
- Paid event
- Pending transaction
PayPal business accounts must meet all three conditions in order for them to be unlinked from Zoom Events.
Note: PayPal accounts should only be unlinked from Zoom Events when unlinking. Unlinking Zoom Events Hub directly from PayPal will work as follows:
- Tickets cannot be sold through PayPal on the Zoom Events platform anymore.
- The Zoom Events platform will be unavailable for up to one day after you reconnect.
In order to unlink your Zoom Events hub from your PayPal business account, follow these steps:
- Zoom Events can be accessed by signing in.
- You can access the Manage section of the page by clicking the Manage button at the top of the page.
- You can select the PayPal account that you would like to manage by clicking on the hub dropdown menu in the left navigation menu.
- Please click on the Payments & Billing tab.
- You can unlink your PayPal business account’s email address by clicking Unlink under your account’s email address.
- PayPal’s website will be redirected when you click Unlink. Your PayPal business account can be unlinked by following the prompts.