You can record to the cloud during a meeting in the Zoom room.
- Hosts with paid licenses to schedule meetings
- Instant meeting started in Zoom room
Record in the Zoom Room
- Start an instant meeting or a scheduled meeting.
- Tap Start Recording on the Zoom room controller .
- For instant meetings, enter the email address to which the cloud recording link is sent.
- If this is a scheduled meeting, a Cloud Recording link will be sent to the host email that scheduled the meeting.
- To stop recording, press Stop Recording or select Exit and select End Meeting .
Cloud recording display
- You will be directed to the email you entered when you started recording your instant meeting, or to the email attached to your Zoom account if it was a scheduled meeting.
- Click the recording link to view or download cloud recordings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I record a Zoom meeting after it starts?
In the Zoom meeting window, you have the option to start recording immediately after starting your meeting by pressing the Record button at the bottom of the window. If cloud recording is enabled on the computer, it will be displayed on the screen. You will be offered the option to record to the cloud if you enable cloud recording, and a pop-up will appear indicating where you might want to record to.
Can I record a Zoom meeting if I am not the host?
Local Recordings can only be initiated by the host by default. The host of the meeting will need to grant permission to another participant who wishes to record the meeting during the course of the meeting. There will be a need to give permission during the meeting in order to do this.
Why can’t I record a Zoom meeting?
If your host gives you permission, you will be able to access the Recording feature in Zoom meetings. The Record button will not appear on your screen if you do not have permission to do so. The first thing you need to do in order to record the session is to ask the host for permission to do so.
Where is the Zoom recording?
The Zoom web portal can be accessed by signing into the Zoom account. Select the Recordings option from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen. The tab Local Recordings can be found by clicking on the icon. As well as the meeting topic, the meeting ID, the date and time, and the file path to the recording, the meeting ID and the computer name will also be displayed on the screen.
Where are Zoom recordings stored?
Recorded Zoom meetings are automatically saved to a folder on your desktop device which is labelled with the meeting name, the date, and the time when they were recorded and which you can access from anywhere on your computer. These folders will be located in the same location as the Documents folder on the Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems. In fact, the Zoom folder is located inside the Documents folder, which is itself within the Zoom folder.