This post was most recently updated on July 21st, 2022
I would recommend opening a support ticket with Zoom support before sending us troubleshooting logs. As soon as a ticket has been generated, we will get in touch with you with further instructions. We would appreciate it if you could follow the steps below to generate the troubleshooting logs if Zoom support asks for them.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to send a problem report on iPad/Android Controller
- How to send a problem report from the web portal
- How to retrieve Zoom Room Audio Logs
How to send a problem report on iPad/Android Controllers
- The Zoom controller app can be accessed by tapping the Settings button.
- You will find the About option under the Settings menu.
- You can find help by tapping the Help button.
- To send a problem report, tap the Send Problem Report button.
- If you have opened a ticket, please include the ticket number, as well as any additional details about the problem that you are experiencing.
- In the upper right corner, tap the Send button.
How to send a problem report from the web portal
- As an owner or administrator with the right to edit Zoom Room settings, you must log into the Zoom web portal in order to make changes.
- Click on Room Management from the navigation panel, then click on Zoom Rooms from the Zoom Rooms menu.
- In order to send a report for a particular room, click on its name.
- You can edit the room by clicking on the Edit button to the right of the room name.
- If you go to the Room Avatar section, you will find a sentence that reads: Is there anything wrong? You can send us your log files to assist us in troubleshooting by clicking here.
- The report can be generated by clicking the following link: Click Here
Note: In order for the problem report option to be displayed, the room must be online for it to be available.
- If you have opened a ticket, please include the ticket number and any additional details about the problem that you might know.
- Sending the report is as simple as clicking the Send button.
How to retrieve Zoom Room Audio Logs
- The Zoom Room is the place where you can start a meeting.
- You can access the settings icon in the meeting controls by clicking on the settings icon.
- The Help button can be found in the settings window.
- When the toggle is turned on, the Audio Log will be enabled.
- You will be able to capture the audio from your local microphone once the feature is enabled
Note: There will be no saving of the audio of other participants.
- The audio logs will be automatically uploaded as soon as the meeting ends. Zoom support will analyze them and send a problem report back to you as soon as the meeting ends.
Note: A message will appear on the main display stating that troubleshooting mode will end in about 59 minutes following the beginning of audio logging. A minute later, the event will come to an end.