This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
In Zoom Contact Center, you can place or transfer calls after making or receiving voice calls.
This article covers:
- How to access Zoom Contact Center voice call controls
- Mute / Unmute
- Hold / Unhold
- Record / Stop Recording
- Hang up / end icon
Prerequisites for using voice call controls
- It requires Zoom desktop client version 5.9.3 or above for Windows or macOS
- A Pro account, a Business account, or an Education account
- License for Zoom Contact Center is required
How to access Zoom Contact Center voice call controls
- Open the Zoom desktop client on your computer and sign in.
- Voice calls can be made or received.
You will be able to control the voice call when the call connects.
Mute / Unmute
Your microphone can be muted or unmuted.
During the call, display a dial pad for entering numbers.
Hold / Unhold
Calls can be placed on hold or resumed. Waiting on hold will be accompanied by music.
Zoom’s web portal allows administrators to customize hold music.
Contact an external number, another queue, or another agent.
- The Transfer button allows you to move a queue or agent within the same account. You can select a queue or agent under Transfer to by entering a name or number.
- Transferring to an external number is as simple as clicking Transfer. Enter the external phone number you would like to be transferred to (country code, area code, and phone number) by clicking on Transfer to.
There will be a prompt asking you to choose a method of transfer:
- Direct Transfer: Upon receiving the call, the call is transferred to a queue or an agent, and then the call is immediately hung up. There might be phone menu prompts that will have to be completed by the other party if there are any.
- Warm Transfer: As soon as you have completed the transfer, the call will be placed on hold. In order for a call to be transferred, this option can be used if you are in a queue and the caller would like to speak with an agent before he or she transfers you to the receiving agent.
Record / Stop Recording
The recording of the voice call can be started or stopped at any time. During the call, you may hear an audio prompt that informs both parties that the call is going to be recorded (the admin has the option of disabling the audio prompt). Users of Zoom’s desktop client as well as Zoom’s web portal who have access to the Zoom desktop client can view, download, or delete recordings of their calls.
Several scenarios can affect the recording of a call, including:
- If your admin has enabled automatic voice recording for a particular call, the Record / Stop Recording button will be inaccessible, which means that you won’t be able to start or stop automatic voice recording for a particular call.
- It is important to note that if you choose to transfer the call, the recording will end when you select a transfer option. This applies to both external and internal contacts when transferring information. It is possible to start the recording again if you select Warm Transfer in order to record the portion before you complete the transfer before you start the recording again.
Hang up / end icon
The call should be hung up (ended). During the wrap-up period, you can add the number to your address book and add notes for the call if it was set by your admin.