This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
It is possible for administrators to obtain phone numbers and use them as entry points for voice flows based on their needs.
The following are the topics covered in this article:
- How to obtain phone numbers
- How to add a phone number as an entry point for a voice flow
Prerequisites for managing phone numbers
- Ownership or admin privileges of the account
- There are three types of accounts: Pro, Business, and Education
- A license for Zoom Contact Center is required
How to obtain phone numbers
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click Contact Center Management from the navigation menu and then click Phone Numbers from the Phone Numbers menu.
- Click on the Add button.
- Please enter the following information in the required fields:
- Country/Region: To find out which phone numbers are available in a particular country or region, select the country or region.
- Choose the type of phone number you are interested in obtaining from the list below.
Note: In order to obtain a number, you need to have a license.
- If you wish to search only for your reserved numbers that have been ported and you haven’t ported any other numbers you should select Reserved Numbers Only.
- State/Province/Territory: Click on the drop-down menu to view the area codes in the state, province, or territory selected from the drop-down menu.
- Area Code – City: To find specific area codes or cities within the state/province/territorial that you have selected, enter an area code or city into the search box. You can also use the drop-down menu to select either an area code or a city from a list.
- Please click the search button to begin the search process.
- Choose the numbers you would like to obtain from the list.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on the Confirm button.
In the Unassigned tab, you will find the numbers that have not been assigned yet.
How to add a phone number as an entry point for a voice flow
You can assign/add a phone number to a voice flow once you have acquired the phone number. As an alternative, the flow editor or the Flows page can be used to enter a phone number as an entry.
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu, and then select Phone Numbers from the drop-down menu.
- On the Unassigned tab, click the Unassigned button.
- To assign a number, click the ellipsis (…) next to the number you want to assign, then click the Assign To button.
- Choose the flow you want to assign the number to from the drop-down menu at the top of the Assign To section.
- Please click the OK button to confirm your action.