It is possible for administrators to obtain phone numbers and use them as entry points for voice flows based on their needs.
The following are the topics covered in this article:
- How to obtain phone numbers
- How to add a phone number as an entry point for a voice flow
Prerequisites for managing phone numbers
- Ownership or admin privileges of the account
- There are three types of accounts: Pro, Business, and Education
- A license for Zoom Contact Center is required
How to obtain phone numbers
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click Contact Center Management from the navigation menu and then click Phone Numbers from the Phone Numbers menu.
- Click on the Add button.
- Please enter the following information in the required fields:
- Country/Region: To find out which phone numbers are available in a particular country or region, select the country or region.
- Choose the type of phone number you are interested in obtaining from the list below.
Note: In order to obtain a number, you need to have a license.
- If you wish to search only for your reserved numbers that have been ported and you haven’t ported any other numbers you should select Reserved Numbers Only.
- State/Province/Territory: Click on the drop-down menu to view the area codes in the state, province, or territory selected from the drop-down menu.
- Area Code – City: To find specific area codes or cities within the state/province/territorial that you have selected, enter an area code or city into the search box. You can also use the drop-down menu to select either an area code or a city from a list.
- Please click the search button to begin the search process.
- Choose the numbers you would like to obtain from the list.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on the Confirm button.
In the Unassigned tab, you will find the numbers that have not been assigned yet.
How to add a phone number as an entry point for a voice flow
You can assign/add a phone number to a voice flow once you have acquired the phone number. As an alternative, the flow editor or the Flows page can be used to enter a phone number as an entry.
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu, and then select Phone Numbers from the drop-down menu.
- On the Unassigned tab, click the Unassigned button.
- To assign a number, click the ellipsis (…) next to the number you want to assign, then click the Assign To button.
- Choose the flow you want to assign the number to from the drop-down menu at the top of the Assign To section.
- Please click the OK button to confirm your action.
Read it also –
|Managing Phone Numbers In Zoom|
|Requesting Phone Numbers In Zoom App|
|Special And Industry Set Rate Phone Numbers In Zoom App|
|Batch Exporting And Assigning Phone Numbers In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I manage contacts in Zoom?
How to manage and organize contacts
You can access Zoom from your desktop by signing in.
Search for the contact by using the search bar at the top of the screen.
You can view the chat thread with a contact by clicking their name on the left hand side of the screen.
To add a star, click on the button. Under the Phone, Team Chat, and Contacts tabs of the phone app, the contact will appear in the Starred sections under the Starred tab.
Can you create a contact list in Zoom?
Administrators and owners of accounts may create shared directories of external contact information to be shared between them. By using the Zoom desktop client or the Zoom mobile app, users are able to access the shared directory from a phone. In the Contacts menu, you will find a contact group called Imported Contacts under the All Contacts section in which external contacts can be viewed.
Where is Zoom phone system management?
Using Zoom’s web portal, you can sign in to your account. Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu and then select Users & Rooms from the drop-down menu.
Why does Zoom provide multiple phone numbers?
The dial-in numbers for Zoom meetings are based on the audio conferencing plan subscribed to by the host as well as the specific numbers that the host has selected as part of its audio conferencing plan. In the case that you will be hosting a meeting, it is possible to get a list of all the telephone numbers that you and your participants will be able to access well in advance of the meeting.
What is Zoom Contact Center?
With Zoom Contact Center, you will have the ability to handle customer support across all channels and integrate the experience with Zoom’s video capabilities. This Contact Center from Zoom combines the features of unified communications with those of a contact center.
How do I create a contact group in Zoom?
The Zoom desktop client and mobile app allow you to create groups to help you organize users in the Contacts tab.
Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
Click on User Management from the navigation menu, and then click on Groups from the drop down menu.
To add a group, click on the Add Group button.
Make sure to give the new group a name as well as a description.
To add a new item, click the Add button. Now that you have added this group to your groups list, it will appear there.
What are external contacts in Zoom?
If you want to manually add external contact information to the contact list, you can either send them an invitation to be added or you can allow them to add you back to the contact list if they choose to do so. The Zoom marketplace contains a number of applications that can be downloaded. In some cases, you will be able to add contacts from another cloud based address book like your Google contacts to your cloud contact list.
How do I find my Zoom Meeting phone number?
In the meeting invitation you will find a number for international dial-ins (you can also view a full list of these numbers here). In order to access the meeting, you will be required to enter the meeting ID, which is usually a nine (9) digit, ten (10), or eleven (11) digit number that comes from the host, followed by a #.