This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
An account owner or administrator can assign a department or cost center to a specific user, to a common area phone, to a call queue, to an auto receptionist, to a shared line group, or to a pickup group. With a CSV file, departments can also be assigned in bulk.
Dashboard and usage data can be filtered according to department or cost center, so admins can better understand charges on bills. Your phone charges can be broken down by cost centers, such as sales and customer service.
Note: There is no separate invoice generation for departments or cost centers with this feature.
This article covers:
- How to assign or edit a cost center and department for extensions
- How to filter the quality of service dashboard data by department or cost center
- How to view usage charges by department or cost center
Prerequisites for viewing the quality of service dashboard
- Accounts for businesses or educational institutions
- Privileges as an account owner or administrator
- Licensed Zoom Phones
How to assign or edit a cost center and department for extensions
Phone users must be assigned a department or cost center using SAML mapping. Below are the steps for assigning all other extensions.
- The following extensions have settings available:
- Phones in common areas
- Queues for calls
- Automated receptionists
- Groups of shared lines
- Group for call pickup
- To set or edit a cost center or department, click the Set or Edit button in the Profile tab.
- Click Save after you have entered a cost center or department.
Filtering quality of service dashboard data by department or cost center
- Log in to Zoom’s web portal.
- Click Dashboard from the navigation menu.
- To access Zoom Phone, click the tab.
- Enter the exact name of the department or cost center in the top-right corner.
Zoom Phone‘s dashboard for quality of service can be found here.
Viewing usage charges by department or cost center
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Select Account Management and then Reports from the navigation menu.
- The Phone System page will appear.
- Navigate to the Charges tab.
In the table, you’ll find columns for Departments and Cost Centers.
- CSV files can be exported by clicking Export.
- A spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel can be used to open the CSV file. Data can be filtered by department or cost center in your spreadsheet application.
View usage reports for Zoom Phone.