This post was most recently updated on August 1st, 2022
With the DTEN D7 conference room solution, you will have everything you need to be able to hold a successful conference room meeting, including a touchscreen, a PC, microphone, speaker, HD camera, and Zoom Rooms for Touch, preinstalled. To learn more about how DTEN D7 can help you, take a look at an example setup. Also, it is possible to visit the product page for the DTEN D7 and the product release page for the DTEN D7.
Please refer to the following sections for answers to common questions related to your DTEN D7 setup if you are experiencing any problems.
Software and Firmware Upgrades
How do I find the D7 firmware version I am running?
It is possible to check the version of DTEN D7 in two ways:
Option 1: Using the DTEN D7 display, you can see the following:
If you wish to access the menu, press the menu button located at the back of the display (second button from the bottom) as follows:
In the bottom-right corner of the D7, you will see the General Settings window. In the corner, you will see the firmware version:
Option 2: The Zoom web portal can be accessed by clicking here
Prerequisite: DTEN D7 v1.3.2 or higher is required for Zoom Rooms v4.4.1 or higher.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click on Room Management > Zoom Rooms and then click on the Zoom Rooms tab.
- The next step is to choose the room that has been set up with a DTEN D7.
For the most current version of the firmware for the DTEN D7, please refer to the Firmware Version column.
How do I check the Zoom Rooms software version?
It is possible to check the version of DTEN D7 in two ways:
Using the DTEN D7 display, you can see the following:
- Holding your finger on the screen for a few seconds will cause a light gray box to appear, along with a menu
- In a few seconds, you will see a menu pop-up appear when you let go.
- You can find out more about the app by tapping About. The current version of Zoom Rooms will be displayed in a pop-up window at the top of the page.
Option 2: The Zoom web portal can be accessed by clicking here
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You can find Zoom Rooms by navigating to Room Management > Zoom Rooms.
- There is a room that has been set up with a DTEN D7 in it. Click that room.
If you would like to know what version of Zoom Rooms you are using, please look at the Firmware Version column.
How do I receive firmware updates?
Version 1.3.0 or higher
There was a mandatory update to v1.3.2 for all D7s running version 1.3.0 or higher on July 26th, 2019 at 11 pm PST for those on version 1.3.0 or higher. In order to continue receiving updates on your Zoom D7, you will only need to log in to the Zoom web portal.
Note: It is mandatory to update your zoom.us software to version 1.3.2, if you’re on a closed network.
Version 1.2.3 or lower
There is no Zoom-only option on the D7 if it is running version 1.2.3 or lower. There are a number of things that you will not be able to do if you do not upgrade your D7:
- Over the air, you will be able to receive the 1.3.0 or 1.3.2 update.
- The Zoom web portal can be used to upgrade the firmware.
- Zoom Rooms now has a number of new features that can be used.
Important: For assistance with upgrading, please contact email@example.com for assistance and we will be able to guide you through the process.
How do I upgrade the D7’s firmware from v1.3.2 to v1.3.4?
Using Zoom’s web portal, you will be able to upgrade the D7 to the latest version. A 30-minute maximum may be required for the upgrade process to be completed. In the course of the upgrade process, the D7 will automatically restart.
- The firmware version of the D7 must be at least 1.3.2
- It is recommended that you use Zoom Rooms version 4.4.1 or higher
- An open network or a network that has been approved by Zoom is required for connection
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- You can find Zoom Rooms under Room Management > Zoom Rooms.
- In the room where a DTEN D7 is set up, click the button that corresponds to that room.
- Please select the Upgrade option under the current firmware version of the D7 device on the Devices tab.
As soon as you click on the link, you will be presented with the following pop-up window.
- To manage the upgrade schedule, you can choose one of the following options:
- At night (Around 1:00AM): I am expecting the upgrade to begin around 1:00 AM (device time) on the day of the upgrade.
- Non-meeting time: In order to upgrade the room, there must not be a meeting taking place in it. Within the next 30 minutes, the upgrade will begin.
What does the Upgrade button in the Zoom Rooms web portal do?
A new update is available if this message appears. You can upgrade your D7 Foundation or Zoom Rooms application to the most recent version by clicking the Upgrade button.
It is important to note that if your D7 firmware version is lower than v1.3.0, you will not be able to see the upgrade option. A firmware version of v1.3.2 or higher is required for the D7. There must be at least version 4.4.1 of Zoom Rooms installed on the computer.
What is the default D7 system Zoom image?
There is a default Zoom image for the D7 system, which is a pre-configured Zoom Rooms system, which comes with the default zoom settings. There are a few requirements that must be met in order to have the default Zoom image installed on the D7 system:
- Versions of D7 1.3.0 and above are supported
- IoT Enterprise version 1607 or higher is required for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise installation
- It is possible to set up Zoom policies on the system
- This setting disables the native security updates that come with Windows
- There are two accounts that are associated with the system:
When you use D7 version 1.3.1 or higher, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Using the Zoom web portal, you can update the firmware for Zoom Rooms or D7s.
- A Zoom MDM feature will be available in the near future that will allow you to manage the D7.
- Update the Windows security updates manually by going to the Windows Update website.
- In the near future, Zoom will be releasing updates to its portal that will allow users to update Windows patches.
Using D7 v1.3.0 or higher, you will not be able to perform the following tasks:
- It is recommended that you delete your Zoom account.
- It is recommended that you change both user accounts on the system.
- The DTEN files should be deleted.
I just updated Zoom Rooms to v4.4.1. How do I exit Zoom Rooms?
The Exit Zoom Rooms button has been removed from the Zoom Room Settings screen with the release of Zoom Rooms v4.4.1.
Zoom Rooms can be exited by following these steps:
- On the top-left side of the display, there is a blue-colored USB port where you can connect a Windows wired or wireless keyboard.
- You will need to use the keyboard to press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
- Sign out by tapping the Sign Out button.
- Use Zoom Admin as the password to log in to Windows (password: Zoom1234).
I updated Zoom Rooms and received a black screen. What should I do?
If you want to disable Windows autologin during installation, you can uncheck the Enable Windows autologin checkbox:
We recommend that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still experiencing problems.
How do I connect the D7 to Wi-Fi?
Versions below 1.2.2 are the following:
- The Input button (located on the rear, lower-right side of the display) is the second button from the bottom, and it will take you to the input screen.
- It will take you to the Zoom Rooms home screen or the Windows desktop, depending on which you choose.
The Windows desktop appears if you click on it:
- On the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the Wi-Fi icon.
- The first step in connecting to a network is to select it.
- Then, click the Connect button and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
The home screen of Zoom Rooms looks like this:
- To exit, tap the Exit button.
- When prompted, you will be asked to enter your room passcode.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the Wi-Fi icon.
- In order to connect to a network, select the one you wish to connect to.
- Follow the instructions on the screen as soon as you click Connect.
For version 1.3.0 and above:
- The top-left side of the display contains a blue-colored USB port on which you can connect a Windows wired or wireless keyboard.
- To use the keyboard, press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the same time.
- Sign out by tapping the Sign Out button.
- Use Zoom Admin (password: Zoom1234) as the username and password to log in to Windows.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, you will see an icon for Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the network of your choice by selecting it from the list.
- Follow the instructions on the screen once you click Connect, and you will be able to connect.
How do I fix issues with the D7 microphone? (Microphone is not working or the quality is not clear)
- Using a screwdriver, unscrew the DTEN microphone array bar at the top of the unit and plug it back in again. As soon as the system detects the media bar, you will receive a notification and a plug-in sound effect will play.
- Click on the Settings icon located in the lower-right corner of the Zoom Rooms application and then tap on the blank area of the screen to access settings.
- Select Microphone from the list of options.
- Select Microphone (DTEN Mic Array 7) in the Source field and then tap OK.
How do I fix issues with microphone echo?
Whenever you hear a severe problem with audio echo, you should follow these steps:
- You can access Settings in the lower-right corner of the Zoom Rooms application by tapping on a blank area of the screen and then tapping on a blank area.
- Click on the microphone icon.
- Reduce excessive reverberation of the sound by enabling software audio processing. You can find out more about Zoom Rooms’ audio capabilities by clicking here.
When you have enabled these settings, you can run an echo test to see if they work.
How do I troubleshoot Proximity Direct Share on the D7?
You need to check the serial number of your DTEN D7. You should contact email@example.com if it contains 41 (example: DB0355A1C0A414300XXX). In order to update your account, they will set up a call with you and lead you through the process.
In any other case, make sure that your setup meets the following requirements:
- It is necessary to have a Zoom Rooms account configured in order to use Zoom Rooms
- The computer used for Zoom Rooms, as well as the computer used for sharing, must all be housed on the same network
- DTEN D7, version 4.0 or higher, supports Zoom Rooms on DTEN D7
- For Mac and PC users, Zoom Rooms version 4.0 or higher is required.
- Desktop client for Zoom
- A Mac or Windows computer running version 4.0 or higher is required
- Linux, version 2.7.162522.0121 or a later version is required
Note: It will be necessary for users to enter the meeting ID when sharing content if you are using Wayland.
- In your account, you can configure a set of Zoom Rooms that will automatically share when a proximity signal is detected within 10cm of the Zoom Room.
Why is the whiteboard button missing on the screen?
A Zoom Rooms for Touch application is pre-installed on the DTEN D7. In order to access the whiteboard, you do not need to sign in. A meeting can be started before or after the whiteboard can be accessed.
Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not see a whiteboard button.
Why is the shutdown or reboot button missing on the screen?
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. If you are interested in installing Zoom Rooms on the D7, they will set up a call with you and guide you step by step.
What’s the default password for exiting the Zoom Rooms app on the D7?
It should not be necessary to have a password by default. You can try 00000 or 97979797 as a password if you are prompted to enter one. The Zoom web portal will also allow you to view your Zoom Room passcode if you are accessing it from the internet.
What’s the default login for D7 Windows users?
For the Zoom Rooms auto-login user:
- Username: Zoom
- Password: Zoom123
The following instructions are for the Windows admin user:
- Username: Zoom Admin
- Password: Zoom1234
The D7 automatically shuts down at midnight and turns on at 6 AM. How do I fix this?
There has been a known issue that has been resolved in version 1.2.2 of DTEN D7. Using these steps, you can check the version of DTEN D7 you are using:
- The input menu button (located at the bottom right of the DTEN D7, situated on the back, is located at the bottom right corner of the device).
- In the lower-right corner, you will find a version number.
- In the case that the firmware version is 1.2.2 or lower, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an upgrade.
Features and Settings
How do I access PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) controls on the D7?
Note: As a result of the hardware used for the PTZ, the functionality will vary. Please contact email@example.com if you do not see Zoom Rooms that are PTZ-enabled.
For accessing the PTZ controls, please follow these steps:
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, there is an icon that looks like the vertical ellipsis (three dots).
- Open the PTZ controls by tapping the Camera Control button at the top of the screen.
How do I increase the speaker volume?
Ensure that you have the latest version of the D7 installed. With the release of version 1.3.4, the D7 has improved the speaker volume.
It is possible to increase the volume by pressing the volume buttons located on the lower-right corner of the DTEN’s back. Please make sure that the default speakers on your computer are changed to the built-in speakers on your DTEN:
- In the lower-right corner of the screen of the DTEN touchscreen, you will find a Settings icon located beneath a blank area of the screen.
- Then tap the Speaker button.
- It is recommended that you select DTEN Board as the default audio output source under the Source section.
- You can test the quality of the speaker by tapping the Test Speaker button on the speaker.
- You can adjust the volume by using the slider at the top of the screen.
Can I disable Zoom Rooms for Touch user interface?
Since the DTEN D7 comes pre-installed with Zoom Rooms for Touch, you are not able to disable it since it is touch enabled and comes with it preinstalled. There are the same controls in Zoom Rooms for Touch as there are in Zoom Rooms for regular users.
Does Zoom Rooms support dual touch screens on the DTEN D7 55” Dual?
If you wish to set up dual monitors in Zoom Rooms for Touch, make sure to follow the instructions for setting up dual monitors.
How to I pin or spotlight a participant’s video in Zoom Rooms on the D7?
- Start a new meeting or schedule a meeting for a future date.
- The bottom bar will appear as soon as you tap the screen.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- Select the Manage Participants button from the menu.
- You can spotlight or pin a participant by tapping their name.
- The video can be spotlighted or pinned by tapping the Spotlight or Pin buttons.
Here is a short video that explains how to spotlight and pin videos.
How do I save a whiteboard on the D7?
An email image of the whiteboard can be used to save and share a whiteboard session, including annotations, when you send the image via email as an attachment. There will be a separate image for each page of your whiteboard if you have multiple pages.
Find out more about Zoom Rooms for Touch and how you can use the whiteboard.
How many participants can the D7 handle?
The video quality and sharing features that are being used during a meeting will have a considerable impact on the level of that call. Up to 60 people can be accommodated in a DTEN D7 meeting, which is a standard feature.
How do I change the time zone?
- On the top-left side of the display there is a blue-colored USB port, where you can connect a Windows wired or wireless keyboard to it.
- You will need to press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard in order to do this.
- Sign out by tapping on the Sign Out button.
- Using Zoom Admin (password: Zoom1234), log on to Windows with the Zoom Admin account.
- Search for Date & Time settings under the Windows icon by tapping the Windows icon.
- In order to change the time zone, you need to tap the drop-down menu that appears.
How much CPU on average does the D7 use when running Zoom Rooms?
Whether the video quality will work properly in a meeting depends on the video system and how the sharing features are configured. There is no limit to the number of participants who can take part in a meeting on a standard DTEN D7.