The Zoom desktop client for Windows can be successfully integrated with the Outlook client so that your Zoom meetings and webinars can be managed both on your Outlook client and in your Zoom desktop client for Windows. Unlike other calendar synchronization methods that rely on the Zoom client to communicate directly with Outlook client, this method relies directly on the MAPI framework to integrate calendars. This means that no tunneling of connections takes place between the Zoom client and Outlook client. Zoom provides calendar data from on-premises Exchange environments, and customers may not be able to access it directly from the Exchange server. This is especially useful if your organization uses on-premises Exchange environments.
- In case there is a tendency for mobile phones or Mac computers to be used extensively in your organization, then we do not recommend implementing calendar integration using MAPI since MAPI does not support these types of platforms at the moment.
- This MAPI integration only syncs your calendar events, while your contacts are not synchronized, because only your calendar events are synchronized. To sync both, it is recommended that you use a method that isn’t based on API.
- For Windows 5.5.0 (12454.0131) or later, you will need to install the Zoom desktop client
- to be able to integrate calendars and contacts, if your administrator has enabled this functionality
Enable MAPI for calendar integration from account settings
- If you are an owner or admin, you can access the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- To access the account settings, click on Account Management in the navigation panel.
- Next, you will find Settings for Meetings under Meetings in the left-hand pane.
- Here, you will be able to enable integration with Calendar as well as Contacts.
- Simply choose Exchange.
- Ensure that the Zoom desktop client is compatible with the use of MAPI (for Windows only).
- Then click on the Save button.
- Please note that, if you click the lock icon the end user will be forced to only use MAPI calendar integration for the account.
Note: Users on the account will automatically be configured to use calendar integration if this setting is locked, and only Windows users are able to use this feature. Users of macOS can use O365 or Google authentication to sync their calendar if this setting is left unlocked.
Authenticating using MAPI calendar integration
- Please enter your Zoom account information to access the Zoom web portal.
- Click on “Profile”.
- Please click Connect to Calendar and Contact Service under the Calendar and Contact Integration section of the dialog box.
Note: Instead of having the option to connect the Zoom Windows application to the calendar, if the setting has been locked by an account admin, this message will appear instead: “The calendar is automatically integrated for your Zoom Windows application”.
- Click on Exchange.
- Then click Done.