This article excerpts from the blog “The web conferencing system adopted by Slack-How Slack works with Zoom “.
We introduce how to connect with Slack, which boasts No. 1 share of business chat, and its convenient usage.
Transfer seamlessly to meetings in your daily work
In fact, Slack is also a Zoom user and uses Zoom for meetings. By combining these two communication tools, you can start a Zoom conference with one click when you want to talk directly for 5 minutes or 10 minutes while communicating with chat on Slack.
How to use, after setting the linkage, just input the command “/ zoom” on a specific channel. Note that if you use the / zoom command, you need to be a Zoom paid account.
How to start a Zoom meeting from Slack
1. Slack screen
- Enter “/ zoom” on a specific channel.
- Enter “/ zoom” and the following screen will appear.
To join the meeting, just click “Click here to join”!
- Click to start the meeting.
Slack and Zoom cooperation setting method
Please make sure that the following prerequisites are met in the configuration.
- I use Pro, Business, Education, or API plan
- Zoom’s email account is work email and you can sign in with SSO (Single Sign On) or Google
- I have administrator / owner authority to set up Slack with Zoom
- The email address used by Slack and Zoom is the same
Integrating Slack and Zoom makes it easy to start an instant meeting or join a scheduled meeting. Meetings created in Slack will also be displayed in the Zoom client.
The setting can be done by the following procedure.
- Log in to Zoom and access the integration page .
- Scroll down and click Slack Allow.
- When prompted , select Allowto authorize your Slack workspace.
- Add Zoom in Slack ‘s App directory .
Reference: Add an app to the workspace
- Select Zoom and click “Access and Install Site”
- You will be taken to the Zoom screen . Click “Add to Slack “.
- The Zoom → Profile → Integration screen opens. Scroll down to check Slack and click Authorize.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Click “Allow”.
This is complete! Please try using it!
Make Zoom the default calling app setting for Slack
After setting up linkage, you will be able to select Zoom as the default call app on Slack.
Enables transition to more seamless online meetings. Change to Zoom referring to the URL of Slack below.
Once linked, the Zoom conference participation screen will be displayed simply by clicking on the phone icon on the channel.
Enter “/ zoom” or click the phone icon on the screen.