In order to release new features and fix bugs, Zoom releases new versions of its desktop client and mobile app regularly. To receive the best video and audio experience, we recommend upgrading when the latest version is available.
To stay updated on the latest Zoom changes, check out our release notes to see what version you’re currently running.
How to download the newest Zoom changes
Upgrade the Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux
If a new mandatory or optional update is published within 24 hours following the login, Zoom notifies the user with a pop-up message.
The Zoom desktop client may already be installed on your computer. If so, check for updates:
- Zoom will download and install the latest version if there is one.
You can also download the latest version manually by:
- Go to https://zoom.us/download and click the link.
- You can also access the following directly:
Upgrade the Zoom mobile app for iOS or Android
Zoom is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Note: When there is a new update, Zoom displays a mobile notification.
Types of Zoom updates
A web-only update, a mandatory update, and an optional update are three types of updates.
- Web-only: New fixes are available from the web portal for download, which have been tested, and are available for download.
- Mandatory: After you click the update button, these updates will begin automatically. After you click the update button, these updates will begin automatically.
- Optional: Once you click the update button, these updates will begin automatically. If you decide to postpone the update until later on and manually update at a later time, you can still proceed.
Read it also –
|If A Problem Occurs After Installing The Latest Version Zoom Client Application|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update Zoom to latest version?
Launch the Google Play app on your Android device. Once you have tapped the menu icon, select ‘My apps and games’. You can update your Zoom Cloud Meetings app by tapping ‘Update’ in the app’s menu.
Why is my Zoom not updating?
Does Zoom app update automatically?
How do I know which version of Zoom I have?
How do I know if my Zoom is up to date?
What is the latest version of Zoom for PC?
Is Zoom 32 or 64 bit?
How do I blur my background in Zoom?