This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
Zoom may need to be completely removed from your device if you experience any issues with your current version, and you want to perform a fresh installation. Use the following instructions to remove Zoom from your device completely.
- Find “Control Panel” using Windows’ search bar.
- Go to the Control Panel app.
- Click Uninstall a Program in the Control Panel if the Category view is selected.
- By clicking on Programs and Features, make sure that Large or Small icons are selected.
- From the list of programs, select Zoom, and then click Uninstall.
- Click yes when asked if you are sure that you wish to uninstall Zoom.
- Then you can reinstall Zoom by going to the Zoom downloads page.
Uninstalling Zoom on macOS on version 4.4.53932.0709 and above
- Start Zoom’s desktop application by double-clicking on the icon on your desktop.
- Then, go to zoom.us and click Uninstall Zoom at the top of the window.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to uninstall Zoom as well as all its components.
- Then you can download Zoom on our download page and install it again.
Uninstalling Zoom on macOS on version 4.4.53909.0617 and below
- Launch the Finder.
- Click the Go button at the top.
- Select Folders…
- Once opened, input ~/.zoomus/
- And then trash ZoomOpener.
- Continue these steps for each folder and file that you have selected.
- Folder: Move Zoom.us.app to Trash in /Applications
- Folder: Moving zoom.us.app to the Trash in /Applications
- Folder: Move ZoomAudioDevice.kext to the Trash in /System/Library/Extensions
- Folder: Please move the following to the Trash: */Library/Application/Support/Zoom.us
Note: If Zoom is not installed in both /Applications and */Applications, then there is a possibility that it will not work.
- Please download Zoom again in our download center as soon as the download is complete.
Debian, Ubuntu, or Linux Mint
- Launch the terminal.
- Type the following command at the prompt:
Sudo apt remove zoom
- After typing the command, hit Enter.
- Afterwards, you can download Zoom from our website and reinstall it.
- Launch the terminal.
- Type these commands into the terminal:
Sudo zypper remove zoom
- After typing these commands, press Enter to proceed.
- After Zoom has been removed, you can download it from our support page to reinstall it.
Oracle Linux, CentOS, RedHat, or Fedora
- Start the Terminal application.
- You will need to type the following commands:
Sudo yum remove zoom
- You will need to press the Enter key.
- Once this is done, you can install Zoom using our download manager.
Uninstall using the Google Play Store
- Install the Google Play Store app by going to the Google Play Store
- Store searching for “Zoom Cloud Meetings,” and then clicking the “Install” button.
- Select Zoom Cloud Meetings from the list.
- Press the “Uninstall” button.
- You will be asked to “Do you want to uninstall this app?”. Simply tap OK.
- Zoom will be re-installed on your phone once the uninstall has been completed.
Uninstall from within Settings
If you are having issues uninstalling Zoom through the Google Play Store, or installing Zoom using an APK file instead of the Google Play Store, you can also uninstall Zoom through the Android settings menu.
Note: Depending on the Android version or the model of the device, the Android Settings menu may differ from what is listed below.
- If you are using an Android device, you should go to settings.
- Then you should choose applications.
- Scroll to the Zoom application, then tap on it.
- After that, tap on the Uninstall button.
- Tap OK when prompted to uninstall the app when prompted, “Do you want to remove this app?”.
- You can access Settings from the App Store.
- Select General.
- Then select iOS Storage or iPhone Storage.
- Click Zoom.
- Click Delete App.
- You can’t reverse this action once you delete “Zoom”. When prompted, tap Delete App.
- Once the process is complete, re-install Zoom on your device.