Zoom may need to be completely removed from your device if you experience any issues with your current version, and you want to perform a fresh installation. Use the following instructions to remove Zoom from your device completely.
- Find “Control Panel” using Windows’ search bar.
- Go to the Control Panel app.
- Click Uninstall a Program in the Control Panel if the Category view is selected.
- By clicking on Programs and Features, make sure that Large or Small icons are selected.
- From the list of programs, select Zoom, and then click Uninstall.
- Click yes when asked if you are sure that you wish to uninstall Zoom.
- Then you can reinstall Zoom by going to the Zoom downloads page.
Uninstalling Zoom on macOS on version 4.4.53932.0709 and above
- Start Zoom’s desktop application by double-clicking on the icon on your desktop.
- Then, go to zoom.us and click Uninstall Zoom at the top of the window.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to uninstall Zoom as well as all its components.
- Then you can download Zoom on our download page and install it again.
Uninstalling Zoom on macOS on version 4.4.53909.0617 and below
- Launch the Finder.
- Click the Go button at the top.
- Select Folders…
- Once opened, input ~/.zoomus/
- And then trash ZoomOpener.
- Continue these steps for each folder and file that you have selected.
- Folder: Move Zoom.us.app to Trash in /Applications
- Folder: Moving zoom.us.app to the Trash in /Applications
- Folder: Move ZoomAudioDevice.kext to the Trash in /System/Library/Extensions
- Folder: Please move the following to the Trash: */Library/Application/Support/Zoom.us
- Please download Zoom again in our download center as soon as the download is complete.
Read it also –
Debian, Ubuntu, or Linux Mint
- Launch the terminal.
- Type the following command at the prompt:
Sudo apt remove zoom
- After typing the command, hit Enter.
- Afterwards, you can download Zoom from our website and reinstall it.
- Launch the terminal.
- Type these commands into the terminal:
Sudo zypper remove zoom
- After typing these commands, press Enter to proceed.
- After Zoom has been removed, you can download it from our support page to reinstall it.
Oracle Linux, CentOS, RedHat, or Fedora
- Start the Terminal application.
- You will need to type the following commands:
Sudo yum remove zoom
- You will need to press the Enter key.
- Once this is done, you can install Zoom using our download manager.
Uninstall using the Google Play Store
- Install the Google Play Store app by going to the Google Play Store
- Store searching for “Zoom Cloud Meetings,” and then clicking the “Install” button.
- Select Zoom Cloud Meetings from the list.
- Press the “Uninstall” button.
- You will be asked to “Do you want to uninstall this app?”. Simply tap OK.
- Zoom will be re-installed on your phone once the uninstall has been completed.
Uninstall from within Settings
If you are having issues uninstalling Zoom through the Google Play Store, or installing Zoom using an APK file instead of the Google Play Store, you can also uninstall Zoom through the Android settings menu.
Note: Depending on the Android version or the model of the device, the Android Settings menu may differ from what is listed below.
- If you are using an Android device, you should go to settings.
- Then you should choose applications.
- Scroll to the Zoom application, then tap on it.
- After that, tap on the Uninstall button.
- Tap OK when prompted to uninstall the app when prompted, “Do you want to remove this app?”.
- You can access Settings from the App Store.
- Select General.
- Then select iOS Storage or iPhone Storage.
- Click Zoom.
- Click Delete App.
- You can’t reverse this action once you delete “Zoom”. When prompted, tap Delete App.
- Once the process is complete, re-install Zoom on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I completely remove Zoom from my Mac?
- Zoom should be closed.
- In the sidebar of the Finder, click Applications.
- Remove Zoom from the Trash by moving it there.
- Finder’s Go menu can be accessed by selecting Go to Folder.
- Drag Zoom related files to the Trash by going to the following folders: ~/.zoomus. …
- The trash should be empty.
How do I remove Zoom from Windows?
- Make sure all Office applications are closed.
- Start by clicking the Start button.
- You can search for Apps and features by typing it in the search bar and clicking Apps & features when it appears in the results.
- Find Zoom Plugin for Outlook under Apps & Features.
- Uninstall the Zoom Plugin for Outlook by clicking the Uninstall button.
How do I turn off Zoom in Windows 11?
- Go through the list of apps and features on your computer under Apps & Features.
- Uninstall Zoom by clicking on it.
How do I Uninstall and install Zoom on Mac?
- Zoom can be downloaded from the Zoom download page on the official website in your browser.
- You can save the PKG file to your desktop once it has been downloaded.
- From there, you can open it.
- Reinstall Zoom by following the instructions on the screen.
How can I Uninstall Applications from Mac?
- In the Finder, locate the app.
- Choose File > Move to Trash or drag the app to the Trash.
- Your Mac’s administrator account name and password should be entered if a user name and password are asked.
- You can delete an app by choosing Finder > Empty Trash.
How do I uninstall a app on Android?
- Launch Google Play Store.
- Tap the Profile icon at the top right.
- You can manage apps and devices by tapping Manage apps & devices.
- You can delete an app by tapping its name.
- Select Uninstall.
How do I get rid of the Zoom app on my iPhone?
- Your Home screen should have the Zoom app.
- The Zoom app icon should be pressed and held for a few seconds.
- When the menu options appear, select Delete App.
- Verify that the deletion was successful.