This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
Signing in to Zoom Rooms
Signing into your Zoom Rooms can be done in a variety of ways. A Zoom Room may be set up by a user on your account, either by logging in with their own credentials as the account owner or administrator or by creating a role with the Role Management tool. The person setting up your Zoom Room will need to know your account login credentials, so if you do not want to provide them with them, you can have them set up your Zoom Room with the activation code. You can also provide the installer a deployment code that can be used to deploy multiple Zoom Rooms at the same time for Hardware as a Service (HaaS) devices.
When a Zoom Room is created on the web portal, an activation code will be generated and sent to the user who created the room for them to be able to view it in the web portal as well. In order to activate the account, you need to generate a new activation code after the activation code is active for 10 days. When the user deploying Zoom Rooms is not the administrator, using the activation code is an ideal solution.
As for Hardware as a Service devices, a Deployment Code is a way to sign into Zoom Rooms on different accounts that is made up of a string of four digit numbers or characters. If an installer sets up several Zoom Rooms at the same time, this is ideal. The deployment code for each account can be generated randomly or by specifying an address (country, city, campus, building, or floor).
Prerequisites for signing in to Zoom Rooms
- Purchasing licenses for Zoom Rooms
- Through your Zoom account with Owner or Admin privileges would be a good decision
- As long as you have Zoom Rooms for Mac version 5.1.0 or later
- On your Mac or Zoom Rooms for iOS version 5.1.0 or later on your iOS device
- If you are using Zoom Rooms for PC version 5.1.0
- In conjunction with Zoom Rooms for Android controller version 5.1.0 or greater
Note: Codes for deployment can only be used on devices that have Hardware as a Service (HaaS) capabilities.
You can log into the site as a user, owner, or administrator by following these steps:
- The Zoom Rooms application will open on your computer as soon as you click on it.
- The Zoom Rooms app will open on your Zoom Rooms controller when you click on it.
Once you enter the pairing code, the computer will display the Zoom Rooms app.
- To pair the controller, enter the pairing code on your computer.
- After entering the pairing code, tap on “Sign in”.
- As the account owner, a Zoom Rooms admin, or a user with the Zoom Rooms role, please log in to the Zoom Rooms account.
- On the controller, you can tap the name of the Zoom Room that you are in or create a new one.
At this point, you will both be signed into the Zoom Room.
How to use an activation code
- In the web application, you need to create Zoom Rooms.
In the navigation panel of Zoom, go to Room Management, then Zoom Rooms if the Zoom Room has already been created.
- You will then be prompted to enter the Zoom Room’s activation code.
- The Account Owner will receive an email that includes the Activation Code as well as the email.
- Using the Zoom Rooms Controller, open the Zoom Rooms app and sign in.
On the computer, a pair-up code will be displayed.
- On the controller, you will need to enter the code.
- Tap the Enter Activation Code button to complete the process.
- Please enter the Activation Code that you will find on your web portal or receive via email from us.
- You will now be able to use the computer and controller.
Note: There is an option to use the same activation code to reconnect the Zoom Room devices to the Zoom Room if they have been disconnected from the Zoom Room. As long as the activation code is displayed on the Web, then you may do so.
How to add a new role for Zoom Rooms
- Login to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- Once you have logged in, click User Management and then Role Management in the navigation panel.
- You will then be able to select roles.
- Choosing a role name, such as Zoom Rooms Administrator, will then allow you to choose that role.
- Choose Zoom Rooms from the View menu.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
In order to give your users this access to the Zoom Room, you must give them this permission by editing any Zoom Room users who you want to give this access to.
- You will find the User Management option in the navigation panel, followed by Users.
- Enter the e-mail address associated with the Zoom Room. To edit the Zoom Room, click on the Edit button.
- Choose the Role that you created from the dropdown list of User Roles.
- Make sure you save the changes.
With this new feature, you’ll be able to login to Zoom Room either with the Zoom Room work email address or as any other administrator or owner of the Zoom Room.
How to configure and use a deployment code
- As an account owner or an admin, you need to sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management from the navigation panel, then Zoom Rooms from the list of options.
- In order to configure deployment codes in a particular location, you need to choose your location.
Then go to Account Settings and select Deployment Codes, which will configure a deployment code for your entire account.
The deployment code for a certain location (country, city, campus, building, or floor) can be custom configured by selecting the relevant tab and clicking Edit next to the relevant location.
- In the Basic heading, scroll down and click Deployment Code. If the feature is enabled, you will be presented with the following.
- To view your deployment code, click the icon to enable the feature.
- To create a different deployment code, click Regenerate to restore the previous one.
- At the bottom of the Zoom Rooms device, you will find the Deployment Code button. Tap it to get the deployment code.
- Type the 4-digit code into the field provided.
- Next, choose a room where the device is installed, or create your own.