This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
You should follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue if you are experiencing a problem with your iOS camera showing up during a meeting:
- Activate the camera if it is not already on.
- Ensure that you are not using the camera at the moment for any other applications, such as Camera, or for any other reasons. Note: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see which apps are currently running or double-tap the Home button to see the apps running at the moment. The app can be closed by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Zoom needs access to your camera in order to work, so make sure this is enabled in your phone’s settings.
- If necessary, restart your iOS device.
- Make sure Zoom is not installed, then download it again.
With the Zoom mobile apps, if you are in a Zoom meeting and you open another app or navigate to the home screen while that meeting is running, your video will be automatically turned off.
I suggest creating a support ticket with your device model/iPhone number and the version of iOS that you are using in case the troubleshooting steps don’t work.