There are a number of Zoom applications, operating systems, and firmware versions that you are able to upgrade through the Zoom Device Management portal if they are enrolled in Zoom Device Management (ZDM). If you have a device that supports downgrading the Zoom app, you can do so as well.
Note: For more information about how to set up Zoom Rooms and Zoom Phone Appliances, please refer to these supported processes.
This article covers:
- How to upgrade/downgrade the Zoom app with ZDM
- Upgrade the Zoom App from Room Management
- Upgrade the Zoom App from Device Management
- Downgrade the Zoom app from Room Management
- Downgrade the Zoom app from Device Management
- How to upgrade the OS/firmware from ZDM?
- Upgrade the OS/Firmware from Device Management
- How long does the update take?
Prerequisites for upgrading devices with ZDM
- Ownership or administrative privileges on the account
- ZDM-enabled devices
- Zoom Room for Windows (signed in)
- Zoom Room for MacOS (signed in)
- Apple Business Manager enrolled MacOS Zoom Room
- Zoom Room controller for iPad:
- When enrolled in Apple Business Manager, the device automatically enters “Supervised Mode”
- The App Store’s Auto Update feature is disabled
- Device is not protected by a passcode
- A MDM solution with Apple DEP must be installed on a device running iOS 10.2 or earlier.
- The Windows operating system can also be updated.
How to upgrade/downgrade the Zoom app with ZDM
Upgrade the Zoom App from Room Management
It is possible to downgrade the Zoom app from Room Management by following these instructions in order to get more information.
Upgrade the Zoom App from Device Management
- You can enable the Automatically Update App setting on the Zoom app in order to automate the updating of your Zoom app on your device.
- As part of the Zoom Room device update process, you will be able to choose between the most recent version, the previous version, and the 2nd previous version.
- The Zoom Room app needs to be updated to a 64-bit version if it is installed on Windows operating systems in order to take advantage of this new feature for whiteboards.
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You can find the Device Management option in the navigation menu, followed by the Device List option.
- You will find a tab called Devices on the left side of the screen.
- Choose All Managed Devices from the All Managed Devices list, then click Enrolled in ZDM, then follow these steps:
Select the device on which you want to update the App if you would like to update the App on more than one device:
- Choose the device that you would like to use.
- When you click on the up arrow, you will be able to upgrade your app version.
- The Zoom Room application can be updated by clicking the dropdown arrow in the release notes box at the bottom left of the box and then selecting the version you wish to update within the Zoom Room application.
- Upgrade by clicking the button.
Select the required devices if you wish to update the App on more than one device:
- The devices you want to select should be selected.
- To upgrade, click on the Upgrade button at the top right of the screen.
- Choose an app.
- Choose the Zoom Room application version you wish to update from the drop-down menu in the Upgrade App pop-up dialog window.
- You will see the release notes for that type of device if you are updating the app on the same type of device.
- The Upgrade button will appear.
Updating your 32-bit Zoom Room client to 64-bit is as simple as:
- Decide which device you would like to use.
- By clicking the three dots on the far right of the device name, you will be able to upgrade the app.
- Select Upgrade 64-bit client from the Advance dialog box.
- Simply click the Upgrade button.
Downgrade the Zoom app from Room Management
For more information on downgrading Zoom from Room Management, you can follow these instructions on how to do it.
Downgrade the Zoom app from Device Management
At this time, Zoom Room Controllers and Android devices can’t downgrade the Zoom app due to technical limitations.
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your account.
- To view the list of devices, click Device Management in the navigation menu.
- On the Devices tab, click the Devices button.
- To downgrade the Zoom app, identify the Zoom Room computer.
- Select Downgrade App from the ellipse on the far right of the device.
- Select the version of Zoom Room you wish to downgrade in the Downgrade pop-up dialog box.
- Select Downgrade.
How to upgrade the OS/firmware from ZDM?
Upgrade the OS/firmware from Device Management
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- You can access Device List by clicking Device Management in the navigation menu.
- For updating the OS or firmware on a single device, select the device you wish to update:
- Select Upgrade OS from the ellipse on the far right of the device.
- Select the necessary devices if you wish to update the OS/firmware on more than one:
- You can upgrade your operating system by clicking Upgrade, then clicking Platform OS.
- To confirm the upgrade, click Upgrade in the pop-up window.
Using the Automatically Update OS/Firmware setting will automate the OS/firmware update process.
How long does the update take?
It is necessary that your Zoom Room is online, signed in, and not currently in a meeting in order for the update to take effect.
|Zoom||Room App*||OS/firmware Update|
|Windows||Up to 1 hour (up to 15 min to download the app then installation starts)||Not supported|
|MacOS||Up to 1 hour (up to 15 min to download the app then installation starts)||Immediate download but a user needs to confirm the installation and restart the device|
|Android||Up to 1 hour to download then install||Immediate download then install|
|IOS||Immediate download from App Store then install||Immediate download, install then restart device|