Are you facing any issue when Using ZDM with Windows devices in Zoom then this article will solve your problem. It is possible to assign updates to Windows devices via the web using Zoom’s mobile device management (ZDM) tool which allows system administrators to manage updates remotely on Windows devices via the Zoom’s mobile device management (ZDM) tool. Update schedules will be used by administrators to determine when patches will need to be installed. As soon as you have selected your operational hours, installations for devices assigned to these active hours will take place outside of the operational hours that you have selected. In addition, you can select certain updates or devices to be ignored, so that specific updates or devices are not updated. The device will automatically be logged into the Zoom Room you have selected from the Zoom Room list on the web once assigned and the Zoom Room is powered on. No activation code, sign-in email address, or pairing code is required for ZDM to work.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to enroll version 1703 or later Windows 10 devices
- How to enroll version 1607 Windows 10 devices
- How to enroll with a provisioning package
- Option A: Integrate the provisioning package into the system installation image file
- Option B: Manually install the provisioning package file
- Complete the installation for options A or B
- Related Articles
Prerequisites for using ZDM with Windows devices
- A license for Zoom Rooms is required
- A Zoom Rooms owner, an administrator, or a Zoom Rooms administrator
- You can choose from the Pro, Enterprise or Education editions of Windows 10
How to enroll version 1703 or later Windows 10 devices
- Click on Device Management from the Zoom web portal once you have logged in.
- In the Enrollment section, click Manual Enrollment, and then click Continue.
- If you prefer to open the link listed within Edge, IE, Google Chrome, or Firefox, click on the link listed below.
- If you have an access code, please enter it.
Note: It is important to note that access codes are dynamic in nature. In your Zoom web portal, you will find the access code that you need to enter.
- The enrollment process can be completed by following the instructions on the device.
How to enroll version 1607 Windows 10 devices
- Click on the Device Management link on the Zoom web portal once you have logged in.
- Select Enrollment, and then click Manual Enrollment at the bottom of the page.
- The Access Code should be noted down.
- Open the link below on your Windows device’s browser using the web browser that you want to use to enroll the device. https://zdm.zoom.us/win?ver=1607.
- With the help of the Access Code provided, you will be able to enroll your device in Zoom.
- Click on “Next” when the popup dialog appears and input your email address in the box provided.
- Click on the next button after entering the ZDM Server URL in the text box below.
- Within a few minutes, your device should be able to complete the enrollment process
Note: There is a possibility that your enrolled device will not appear immediately in your Zoom web portal if you are using Windows 10 version 1607. Upon logging in to a Zoom Room with the device that has been enrolled, the information will be displayed to you.
How to enroll with a provisioning package
- Click on Device Management from the Zoom web portal once you have signed in.
- Enrollment should be clicked first, then Automated Enrollment should be clicked.
Option A: Integrate the provisioning package into the system installation image file
- The zdm.ppkg file can be downloaded from Zoom’s website.
- If you would like to include Zoom provisioning package in your system installation image file, you will need to modify the image file. Detailed instructions on changing an image file can be found by clicking here.
- As soon as you have modified the image file, apply it to the device you wish to modify.
Option B: Manually install the provisioning package file
- From Zoom, you can download the zdm.ppkg file that you need. If you would like to skip the prompt asking you if this package is from a trusted source, please click here for more information.
- To install the file, double click on it and follow the instructions. If you see a prompt asking you to confirm the installation of Windows, click yes.
Complete the installation for options A or B
- If you open the Settings app in Windows, click the Accounts menu, then click the Access school or work button.
- It should be evident on this page that you are connected to Zoom Rooms MDM.
- Please click on the Info button to get more information. You will need to manually sync the devices if you want to manually synchronize them.
- The next step is to sign in to a Zoom Room on the enrolled device, and allow the data to synchronize while it is being processed.
- Zoom’s web portal should now display a list of all your enrolled devices that you can access from anywhere.
- Getting Started with ZDM
- How to Enable Auto Sign-in
- How to Remotely Upgrade Zoom Rooms
- How to Manage Windows System Updates with ZDM
Frequently Asked Questions