In the event that you need to assign more than 100 licenses to existing users as an account owner or administrator, you can batch assign Zoom Phone licenses to them. A Zoom Phone license will be assigned automatically to a user when they purchase a Zoom Phone license. Once you have assigned licenses, you will be able to change the settings of phones, as well as assign direct phone numbers to users.
It is also possible to export and update the phone users using a CSV file. The number of phone users that can be exported in a CSV file is not limited in any way.
- 1 Prerequisites for batch importing, exporting, or updating phone users
- 2 How to batch assign licenses and calling packages to existing users
- 3 How to batch export and update existing phone users
- 4 CSV requirements
- 4.1 Formatting
- 4.2 Blank fields
- 4.3 Fields that require a calling package
- 4.4 Desk phone fields
- 4.5 FAQ
- 4.6 How do I export users from Zoom?
- 4.7 Can I export a list of participants from Zoom?
- 4.8 How do I export list of registered participants in Zoom?
- 4.9 How do I check my Zoom meeting history on my phone?
- 4.10 Does Zoom keep a history of your calls?
Prerequisites for batch importing, exporting, or updating phone users
- Account type: Pro, Business, or Education
- Ownership or administrative privileges on the account
- License for Zoom Phone
How to batch assign licenses and calling packages to existing users
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Click on Phone System Management in the navigation menu, then select Users & Rooms from the drop-down menu.
- The Import button can be found at the top of the user table.
- You will need to provide the following information:
- It is possible that you will not see the following two options if you have multiple sites with site codes enabled. Using the CSV file, you will be able to specify the site name and template name.
- Imported to (Optional):
- Choose the target site that you wish the users to belong to if there are multiple sites that you have. The name of the target site will not be used if you select the target site in the CSV file. In CSV files, specify site names when importing data from multiple sites.
- Specify a template to be assigned to users:
- A template will be applied to the updated users once you click the check box.
- For a sample CSV file and a list of required fields, click CSV Sample in the web portal.
- Use spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel to complete the CSV sample.
- The CSV file you are going to send must meet the format requirements in order to be accepted.
- Once you have completed your CSV file, you will be able to select it and start the batch process by clicking Upload CSV.
- The batch process will not complete if one or more fields are incorrect. There are several options available to you:
- You can view a description of fields that were incorrectly filled in by clicking Details.
- For batch processing to continue, click Ignore Issues and Upload Others (if applicable). It will not import any rows with errors from the CSV. Errors in all rows will prevent you from seeing this option.
- The batch process will not be able to complete if all the rows in the CSV file have errors in them. As soon as you have fixed the CSV file, click on Reupload.
- The batch import process can be cancelled by clicking the Close button.
- When the batch process has been completed successfully, click the Close button.
How to batch export and update existing phone users
If you need to update existing phone users’ extensions, direct numbers, calling packages, or desk phone provisioning information, you can batch update existing phone users.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Then click Users & Rooms in the navigation menu.
- A CSV file of existing phone users can be exported by clicking Export at the top of the user table.
- Currently displayed phone users will be exported. Use the filters and search box to display only some phone users, then click Export if you do not want to export all phone users.
- Review and change user settings using the exported CSV file. If you prefer, you can delete any user entries that don’t need to be updated, then during the batch update process, select a user’s settings to copy.
- Then click Import.
- Go to the Users tab and click Update Users.
- Please provide the following information:
- You will not see these options if you have multiple sites enabled with site codes. A CSV file must be used to specify the site and template.
- Imported to (Optional):
- The target site for the users should be selected if you have more than one site. The CSV file site name will not be used if you select a target site. In the CSV file, specify the site names if you wish to import data from multiple sites.
- Specify a template to be assigned to users:
- When you check the box, a template will be applied to the updated users after you click the check box.
- Using the CSV Sample option in the web portal, you can view or download a sample CSV file that contains the required fields.
- Use spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel to edit or fill out the exported CSV file.
- Check that your CSV file is formatted correctly.
- Select your completed CSV file and click Upload CSV to begin the batch process.
- Batch processing will not be completed if one or more fields are incorrect. There are several options available to you:
- If a field was not filled out correctly, click Details to see a description.
- Continue the batch process by clicking Ignore Issues and Upload Others (if applicable). We will not import any rows with errors in the CSV. Errors in all rows will prevent you from seeing this option.
- CSV rows with errors will not be processed in a batch. Once the CSV file has been fixed, click Reupload.
- If you wish to cancel batch imports, click Close.
- Upon successful completion of the batch process, click Close.
Please make sure that your CSV file meets the following requirements when importing or updating phone users:
- The first row with field names should not be deleted.
- Please enter the following phone number (without spaces or dashes):
- Plus sign (+)
- Country code
- Area code
- Phone number
- Plus signs are not allowed in some spreadsheet software. Adding the plus sign (+) can be done by opening the CSV file in a text editor. You may or may not see quotation marks in a text editor if you view the CSV file in a text editor. Enter the plus sign (‘+) without creating a formula if you are using Microsoft Excel.
You can use a blank entry for any of the following fields if you want to remove or downgrade an item from the phone user. More information about these fields can be found in the article about phone user settings.
- Package: In order to downgrade the package, Zoom Phone Basic will be used.
- Phone Numbers: There will be a move of the numbers to an unassigned number.
- The desk phone fields (Concept, Brand, Model, MAC Address, Provision Template) are moved to unassigned devices in the process. You should make sure that every field related to that desk phone should be left blank in order to remove that desk phone from the user’s record.
Fields that require a calling package
In order to use these fields, you will need to specify a valid calling package. If you would like to know more about these fields, please see the article about phone user settings.
Leave these fields blank if you don’t want the phone user to have a calling package associated with their phone.
Desk phone fields
There is a field for unassigned desk phones, as well as a field for desk phones that have not been added to the web portal yet. In the event that the desk phone has not yet been added to the web portal, it will be added once the CSV file has been uploaded. The provisioning of new desk phones needs to be done.
Related Articles :
How do I export users from Zoom?
The user management menu can be accessed by clicking User Management and then clicking Users. You will need to click the Export button on the right side of the page and then all of the users in the table will appear. A CSV file will be exported in the form of a list of existing users. Note: When you click on this button, the current display of users will be exported
Can I export a list of participants from Zoom?
You can export the details of a participant from a meeting by clicking the Meeting ID numberthe individual’s name if you want to export the details from a particular meeting. To export the participant’s details to a CSV file, click Export details to CSV on the participant’s detail page.
How do I of registered participants in Zoom?
What is the process for exporting a list of registered users?
Thepage can be accessed by clicking here.
On the left side of the screen, click the tab called Registrants.
If you would like to download a CSV file from the website, click Export in the top right corner
How do I check my Zoom meeting history on my phone?
Your mobile device can be used to access Zoom. On the Phone tab, select the Phone option. To view the history, select the History tab. Your recent calls will be displayed at the top of the screen.
Does Zoom keep a history of your calls?
Open the Zoom client on your computer and sign in. To access the phone tab, click on it. Select the History tab from the menu. Towards the top of the screen, you will be able to see the most recent call history.