This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
In this webinar, the panelists will be full participants and will be able to ask questions. In addition to being able to share content, view one’s own audio and video, and view the attendee list, they have access to the majority of the host controls. A webinar host must assign you panelist permissions before you can join the webinar or you must be promoted from the status of attendee during the webinar itself. Join us for a webinar to learn more about the role of a webinar facilitator.
Depending on the meeting capacity of the host, the maximum number of panelists can be accommodated, while the maximum number of attendees can be accommodated depending on the webinar capacity of the host. A few examples can be found below:
- The default capacity of your Pro account is 100 meetings, and you have a Webinar 500 license with your account. It is likely that you will be able to host a webinar with up to 500 participants and around 100 panelists, all of whom will be able to join in with the webinar, totaling 600 participants (500 attendees + 100 panelists) for the webinar.
- There is a default meeting capacity of 300 meetings for your Business or Enterprise account, as well as a license for Webinar 1000 allocated to you. Due to the meeting capacity, this would allow you to hold a webinar with a maximum of 1000 participants and a maximum of 300 panelists; this would give you a total of 1300 participants (1000 participants + 300 panelists).
- Your licenses consist of a Large Meeting license for 1000 people and a Webinar license for 1000 people. If you use this service, you will be able to host a webinar with up to 1000 participants and 1000 panelists, for a total of 2000 participants and panelists (1000 attendees).
There are a number of topics covered in this article, including:
- How to manually add panelists
- How to import panelists using a CSV file
- How to create a CSV file of panelists
- How to import the CSV file
- How to add panelists during a recurring webinar
- How to remove panelists
Prerequisites for creating panelists
- An individual who has purchased the Zoom Webinars Add-on (i.e. 500, 1000, 3000, 5000, ten thousand, or five thousand)
- Registration is not required for the webinar (but you can register if you wish).
How to manually add panelists
In order to join a webinar panel, you can invite someone or a Zoom room to be a speaker. Based on the capacity of your meeting, you are permitted to invite twice as many panelists as you are allowed to have. Using an example, if you have a default capacity of 100 participants in your meeting (which means that you can have no less than 100 participants in your webinar), you can invite up to 200 participants. It should be noted that the invitation limit does not affect the actual capacity for joining.
- Access Zoom’s web portal by logging into your Zoom account.
- On the left hand side of the screen, click Webinars.
- In order to add panelists to a webinar, click on the topic on which a webinar will be held.
- In the Invitations tab, you will find the Invite panelists section at the bottom of the page and you will need to click Edit to make changes.
- In order to invite someone, you will need their name and their email address. It is important to enter the name of the Zoom Room if you are inviting a Zoom Room. In the Email/Zoom Rooms column, the location of the room will be displayed with its name.
- It is possible to add more panelists by selecting the Add Another Panelist option, which is optional.
- After you have added the panelists to your list, click on Save so that invites can be sent to them.
Upon clicking the Save button, you will receive a message containing a link to send an email invite to all newly added panelists immediately.
- Your meeting capacity will determine the maximum number of panelists you can add, so you can add as many as you want.
- If you would like to delete or add panelists before the webinar, you can do so at any time.
- To join the webinar as a panelist, panelists need to use their unique join link, or sign in to their Zoom account on their desktop or mobile app with an email that matches the email assigned to them as a panelist. If you join the webinar as a panelist instead of getting promoted from attendee status during the live webinar, you have the chance to participate in the practice session before the attendee may do so, which is often used in order to prepare the presentation and production before being as live as possible.
How to import panelists using a CSV file
If you wish to add a large number of panelists to a webinar, you can upload a CSV file containing the names of the panelists and specify the panelists in the file.
How to create a CSV file of panelists
- Spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel can be used to create the spreadsheet.
- Make a new file by clicking on the “New File” button. There is also a CSV sample file that you can download and open.
- The information you need to provide is as follows:
- The first column of the table is: A list of the e-mail addresses of the panelists is provided below.
- Column B: Each panelist is required to provide their full name.
- Note: The title of the columns should not be entered, for example, the Email Address and Full Name should not be entered.
- Save the file as a comma-delimited CSV file and then open it with Excel.
How to import the CSV file
- Access the Zoom web portal by logging in with your Zoom account.
- Select Webinars from the drop-down menu.
- To add panelists to a webinar, click on the title of the webinar for which you would like to add them.
- Find the Invite panelists section of the Invitations tab at the bottom of the page, click on Import from CSV in the section entitled Invite panelists.
- Select Import from the drop-down menu.
- You will need to select the CSV file that you created earlier.
The panelists you are importing will appear in a list on the left side of your screen. Below you will find a list of options that you can choose from:
- Resend: The invitation email should be sent immediately to the panelist so that they can accept the invitation.
- Copy: Please copy the panelist’s invitation email so that it can be forwarded to them.
- Delete: The panelist will no longer be imported if he or she is removed from the import list.
- Immediately after adding a new panelist to the panel, send them an invitation: Following the click of Save, you should send an email invitation to all panelists whose names are going to be imported.
- Note: In the Case of not seeing a list of panelists you are importing, click Cancel, reload the page, and scroll down to the Invite Panelists section and click Edit.
- Once you have made your changes, click the Save button.
How to add panelists during a recurring webinar
A user who participates in a webinar that is recurring will also be able to participate in all webinars in that series as a panelist. It is necessary to add them as a panelist before the webinar for which you want them to be a panelist, and then remove them before the next webinar for which you want them to be a panelist. If you want them to be a panelist for a specific webinar, you will need to add them as a panelist beforehand.
How to remove panelists
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- Go to the Webinars tab and click on it.
- To remove panelists from a webinar, you will need to click the topic on which the webinar is based.
- At the bottom of the page, navigate to the Invitations tab and find the Invite panelists section. Click on the Edit button to make any changes.
- You can delete a panelist by clicking the Delete button to the left of the panelist’s details.
- Once you have made your changes, click the Save button.
All webinars in the series will be removed from the panelist’s schedule and he will need to enroll as an attendee in order to continue participating.