It is easy to change the settings of Zoom Phone Appliances, such as the emergency address, the caller ID, and other common office phone features, after setting them up as a common area phone (Shared Office).
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to access Shared Office settings
- Profile tab
- Policy tab
- Settings tab
- Call handling settings
Prerequisites for changing Shared Office settings
- An example of how a shared office can be set up
- There are three types of accounts: Professional, Business, and Education
- The owner of the account or the administrator of the account
- License for Zoom Phone is required in order to use it
How to access Shared Office settings
Here are the steps you need to follow if you are updating the settings of a Shared Office that you have added to your account.
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click on Phone System Management in the navigation bar and then click on Users & Rooms in the sidebar.
- Select the Shared Offices tab on the left side of the screen.
- In order to edit the display name of the Shared Office phone, you must click on its display name.
There are a number of options and information available to you in this section:
- Display name: To change the display name, click Edit next to it and you will be able to make the changes.
- Description: The description can be changed by clicking the Edit button next to it.
- Site: Provides the user with a list of the sites to which they belong. In order to move the phone to another site, you will need to select another one from the drop-down menu.
- Package: The first step in assigning a calling package to an outbound call is to click Assign. A package can be removed by clicking on the * icon next to it in order to remove it from the list.
- Extension Number: When you click on Edit, you will have the option to change the extension number that has been assigned to the user.
- Number(s): The common area phone can be assigned direct phone numbers by clicking Assign if you wish to do so. If you have assigned a package to your account, you will only be able to see this setting.
- If you assign a package to your account, you will be able to see the outbound Caller ID as follows: When the phone is used to make outbound calls, select the outbound caller ID that will appear. The main auto receptionist‘s phone numbers are available for you to choose from.
- There is only one country available when you assign a package to your account: The country of the emergency address displayed on the phone is displayed on this screen. As far as the reserved extension numbers are concerned, they are determined by the country that you live in.
- If you assign a package, you will see the following area code: This setting is used to display the area code that will be used for outgoing calls by default. If you do not have an area code yet, click on Edit to edit it, or Set if you have not added one yet.
- Emergency Address: When you click Manage on the common area phone, you will have the option to edit the emergency address associated with it. It is possible to select an address assigned to each site if you have more than one site, or the default address of each site if you have more than one site.
- Communications Content Storage Location: Communication Content can be stored in a variety of locations.
The follow buttons are at the bottom of the page:
- Remove: Unassign the associated Zoom Phone Appliance from the Shared Office account, as well as delete the Shared Office from the account. In Device Management, you will be able to see the appliance.
Several Zoom Phone features can be enabled or disabled using the Zoom Phone policy settings.
- Business Hours: By clicking Edit, the user can change the times during which he or she will be able to answer calls. In some cases, you may want to extend your business hours beyond 11:30 PM. The business hours can also be set manually by manually entering a time in increments of 10 minutes, such as 11:10 p.m., for example.
- Closed Hours: It is also possible to set closed hours for your business if you have customized your business hours.
- Holiday Hours: When you click Manage, you can choose which days should be designated as holidays.
- Keys & Positions: Make sure the line key settings are the way you want them to be.
- Blocked List: Ensure that external calls are blocked by setting up rules for blocking them.
- The Zoom Phone Appliance is comprised of the following features: Displays the Zoom Phone appliance that is assigned to Shared Office and set up as a common area phone that is set up in the common area.
- Allow Hot Desking: The hot desk feature needs to be enabled.
- Calendar (optional): To connect the Zoom Phone Appliance to a calendar resource, you will need to select one.
- Location (optional): In order to make the Zoom Phone Appliance appear on the floor map, you need to assign it to a floor so that it appears as a workspace.
Call handling settings
- Ring the Device: Inbound calls can be enabled or disabled by enabling or disabling the ring.
- Ring Duration: It is important to set the maximum ring duration before the call is handled if Ring the Device is enabled. This can be done by setting the setting below (When a call is not answered after a certain amount of ringing).
- When a call is not answered: During the specified hours, you can select how unanswered calls will be handled in terms of how they are handled.
- Play a message, then disconnect: Upon receiving a call, the program will play a customized message for the caller before hanging up. If you are interested in selecting, recording, or uploading custom audio files, click Audio Library.
- Disconnect: There will be no message played on the phone before the call is disconnected.
- Forward to another extension: If a call is received on one extension of the account, it is routed to another extension.
- Forward to External Contact: It is possible to route calls to external contacts if the account has a directory of external users.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change office hours in Zoom?
How do I change my meeting settings in Zoom?
Your meeting settings allow you to enable or disable features for your meetings.
How to access and edit meeting settings
- Log in to Zoom’s web portal.
- Then click Settings.
- Activate or deactivate a setting by clicking it.
- It is also possible to lock settings at the account or group level. The setting will be noted next to this information.
Where are the settings on Zoom?
- Zoom’s desktop client must be opened.
- You can access your profile settings by clicking your profile picture. Using this method, you will be able to access the following options in the settings window:
Where is advanced settings on Zoom?
How do I change Zoom meeting settings in Outlook?
- Switch to the calendar view in the Outlook desktop app.
- Zoom meetings can be viewed by double-clicking them.
- The Edit Event button will appear.
- In the top toolbar, click the three dots and choose Zoom. …
- Navigate to Zoom and then Settings.
- Click Update to apply your changes to your meeting options.