In the context of Live Meeting, the Personal Audio Conference Number is a unique phone number given to a user so that they can dial in directly. When this number is used, neither the host nor the participants will need to enter a conference ID number in order to join the meeting. However, as long as the host has not yet joined, the client will still prompt for a host key.
In order to use this number, you must be located in the United States, and all numbers assigned to this number must be US-based presently.
- Plans for Pros, Businesses, Schools and Enterprises
- That offer Audio Conferencing Option Add-Ons
- And Licensed Hosts
Purchasing a Dedicated Dial-In Number
- Access the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- You will be redirected to Account Management followed by Billing.
- On the Current Plans page, click Edit to the right of Audio Conferencing to modify it.
- Purchasing an audio conferencing plan is an option that you should consider if you have not done so already.
- Click on the checkbox beside Dedicated Dial-In Numbers when you are finished.
- Once you have entered your data, click on Choose Numbers to select the number you want.
- It is possible for only one individual to be assigned a dedicated dial-in number at the same time.
- Click on the Continue button.
Enabling a Dedicated Dial-In Number for a User
- As an account owner or account administrator, you must be logged into the Zoom Web Portal.
- Select User Management, then select Users from the navigation panel.
- If you wish to assign the number to another user, click Edit to the right of that user.
- Make sure Dedicated Dial-in Number is enabled, by checking the box.
- Then click Save.
Using a Dedicated Dial-In Number
Accessing the Number
- Please enter your Zoom Web Portal user name and password.
- Once you have entered your information please click on Personal Audio Conference.
On the upper right hand side of the page, you will be able to find your dedicated dial-in number.
Sending the invitation
In order to invite participants to the conference you can copy and paste the auto-generated invitation into an email message, add it to a calendar invite, or share it anywhere you prefer. You will have the option to copy the invite for listen-only participants if you have set a password to protect listen-only access.
Copies of the invitation are as follows:
- “Copy the Invitation for Listeners or Participants”.
- Select all.
- Ctrl-C or Cmd-C on a PC or Linux, or right-click to copy.
- Share the invitation wherever you wish.
Read it also –
|Using A Dial By Name Directory In Zoom App|
|Creating A Dial By Name Directory In Zoom App|
|H 323 Sip Room Connector Dial String In Zoom App|
|Zoom App Dial Language Support|
Custom greetings and hold music
Admins and owners of accounts can add the message to the welcome screen and the hold music to the hold screen. If the welcome message is uploaded, first time participants dialing into a personal audio conference will receive it as soon as the participant dials into the conference using the dedicated dial-in number. There will also be background music that plays periodically for first time participants. WAV files (8k, mono, either ULAW or ALAW are acceptable).
Files should be uploaded as follows:
- Log into the Zoom website
- by clicking on the Account Management section found in the navigation panel, then click on Account Settings.
- Once the Account Settings window appears, click on Audio Conferencing.
- To edit an on-hold message or the telephone welcome message, click the Edit icon to the right of the respective text.
- Please select the .wav file that you want to upload from your computer’s hard drive.
- Repeat steps 4-5 if desired for the other record option.
- When the file has been uploaded, the audio will be available for download 24 hours after it has been uploaded.
Check out the details of hosting a Personal Audio Conference (PAC).
Frequently Asked Question
Does Zoom provide dial in numbers?
How do I add a dial-in number to a Zoom meeting?
- If you are the owner or administrator of the Zoom account, please sign into the Zoom Web Portal.
- You can access User Management by clicking on Users in the navigation panel.
- In the User Management section, click the Edit button next to the user for whom the number should be assigned.
- Make sure that the Dedicated Dial-In Number check box is selected in order to enable this feature.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Save button.