Join a Zoom meeting using a traditional phone.
Joining by phone is useful in the following cases:
- PC / there is no microphone or speakers to the Mac
- Do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android) in the movement and
- Can not connect to the network with video and VoIP / computer audio
Although we have to pay numbers available for all plans, there are some countries/regions where pay numbers are not open. In order to use unpaid pay numbers, you need to add on the premium audio option. You can find the dial-in number for each country at the link below.
If the international call dial-in number (Zoom Inc. site)
the number is not displayed or it is marked with an asterisk (***) instead of the number, that number can not be used for the account currently logged in. I mean. To use this number, you need the add-on of the above premium audio option.
Table of contents
- Join the Zoom Meeting by Phone, Windows, Mac, Linux, Web Browser, iPhone, iPad, Android
- Join from the phone
- Considerations for joining by phone as a host
Join Zoom Meeting by Phone
Windows, Mac, Linux, Web browser To join by phone
- Attend the Zoom Meeting. You will be asked to join the audio on your computer.
If this prompt does not appear or ends, click Join Audio in the conference control.
- Click Join by Phone.
” How do you participate in the audio conference? Please follow the instructions”.
- If the correct country has not been selected yet, select the country of origin from the flag menu .
- Dial one of the provided numbers.
- Meeting ID to enter the, followed by # Enter.
- Enter Participant ID and then enter #.
If you need to join by phone while joining computer audio
If you automatically join computer audio, you can exit computer audio and join by phone.
- Click the arrow next to Mute/Unmute.
- Click Leave Computer Audio.
- Click [Join Audio], refer to the above “To join by phone ” and dial in according to the prompt.
iPhone / iPad / Android
- After joining a Zoom meeting, you will be prompted to join the audio automatically. If this prompt does not appear or you close it, tap Join Audio in the meeting controls.
- Tap Dial In.
- Tap the arrow at the top to select the country you’re calling from.
- Tap the number you want to call.
- Tap Dial.
- Tap Call.
- To return to the Zoom app, swipe up on the home bar (iPhone X) or press the home button (iPhone 8 or older), then tap the Zoom icon.
- When you leave the meeting, you will have the option to Leave Meeting or Leave Meeting with Telephone Connected, to stay dialed into the meeting after leaving from the Zoom app.
If you joined device audio automatically, you can leave the computer audio and join by phone:
- Tap More.
- Tap Disconnect Audio.
- Tap Join Audio and follow the instructions above.
To dial in audio
- Join Zoom Meeting
- You will be asked to automatically join the audio, but if this prompt does not appear or you exit , tap Audio in the meeting controls.
Tap Dial-In .
Follow the instructions for dialing in.
By default, “United States” is selected.
Tap the top arrow to select the country of origin. Choose
Country . Tap the phone number you want to call. Tap
When leaving a meeting you have the
• Simply leave the meeting.
・ Telephone leaves the meeting while connected.
・ Rejoin the meeting by dial-in after leaving Zoom.
If you need to join by voice-only phone while joining a meeting from a mobile
If you automatically join device audio, you can end the computer’s audio and join by phone.
- Tap [Details] .
Tap Disconnect Audio .
Tap [ Audio ] and follow the procedure in “To dial in audio ” above.
Join only by phone
- Dial a domestic number .
When you dial a phone number , calling charges apply to the caller.
- You will be asked to enter the meeting ID followed by # .
Meeting ID: 9-digit or 10-digit ID provided by the organizer
- If the meeting has not started yet and “Join before host ” is not enabled, enter the host key to start the meeting or press # to wait as a participant.
- You will be asked to enter a unique participant ID.
Press # to skip.Skipping is only relevant in the following cases:
・ You are participating in a computer or mobile device ・ If you are
a panelist of a webinar
To join later on a computer or mobile device
1. Enter the Participant ID to connect the phone and the device session.
2. You can view the video when you talk on the phone.
To enter a Participant ID after joining a meeting, enter # Participant ID # on the
Holding a Conference Meeting Only
You can join and start Zoom meetings from your own phone and control the meetings with DTMF tones. In order to be recognized as a host, it is necessary to enter the host key described in the user profile .
Note: If you join only from the phone with Join Before Host enabled, the
user is not recognized as a host and there is no host control.
If you need to host a meeting over the phone using full host control, do not enable Join Before Hosting in
this meeting .
Considerations for joining by phone as a host
- Eating will time out with a 30 minute warning notification after 40 minutes if:
・ When two or more participants are participating ・ When
not binding session of phone and computer / mobile device with participant ID
・ When basic user (free user) schedules a meeting
- If you want to hold the meeting indefinitely, you need to schedule it from your paid account.
- The number of phones that can connect to a Zoom meeting or webinar depends on the account type and the add-ons assigned to the user account.
-Pro Users: 100 Dial-In Users
Pro + Large Meeting 200: 200 Dial-In Users
Pro + Large Meeting 300: 300 Dial-In Users
Pro + Large Meeting 500: 500 Dial-In Users
Pro + Webinar 100 : 100 Dial-In Users
Pro + Webinar 500: 500 Dial-In Users
Pro + Webinar 1000: 1000 Dial-In Users
Pro + Webinar 3000 and above: 1984 Dial-In Users
Phone control for all dial-in participants
The following commands can be entered via DTMF tones using the phone’s dial pad during Zoom meetings:
* 6- Switch mute / unmute
* 9- Switch up and down
Conference organizer phone control
If you enter a host key and start a meeting
You can enter DTMF tones on the dial pad for host control.
Type ** on your phone to hear all available commands .
* 4- End all attendees’ meetings
* 5- Lock or unlock meetings
* 6- Mute or unmute yourself
* 7- Start or stop recording
Note: All participants in the meeting will be notified when the recording is stopped or started.
* # -Listen to the number of participants in the meeting
99- Mute or unmute all participants
Can I join the meeting by dialing in? (Premium voice option)
Can I use Zoom in my web browser?
Making a call from Zoom Rooms
What is the difference between Zoom Meeting and Zoom Rooms?
I want to create a meeting with a password