What you can do with user management in Zoom App
Account owners and administrators can manage users by adding, removing, and assigning roles and add-on features.
This article explains the following:
- How to Use User Management
- Register a new user
- Import users
- Pending Users
- Advanced detail
For information on how to delete a user by deleting, disabling or unlinking a user from the account, refer to Deleting a user from the account.
- The zoom account owner or administrator privileges
How to use user management in Zoom App
Log in to the user page. Users, pending, and details are displayed.
When you select User in User Management, you can:
- You can edit each user’s account type (Basic, Professional, and Corporate) or department.
- You can add users one at a time or import a CSV file. (If you import a CSV file, you can add multiple users at once)
- You can export users to a CSV file.
- Owners can set up admin users or assign custom roles. Read more about roles here. Read more about roles.
How to Add a New User in Zoom App
- Click Add User or Import ( import CSV file) to add a new user to the account.
Please refer to the following item “How to import users” when importing.
- Please enter your user information.
- Email Address: Enter the user’s name address. If you need to add multiple users with the same settings, you can enter multiple email addresses separated by commas.
- User Type: Select whether this user is a basic (free) user, a professional user, or a corporate user.
You need an available license to assign professional and corporate users.
- Function: Check which function you want this user to have. These features require an optional license available.
- Department (optional): Enter a department name if necessary.
- User Group: If you are using group management, select the group to which this user will be added.
- IM group: If you are using IM management, select the IM group to add this user.
- Click Add.
How to import users in Zoom App
- Create a CSV file with the following columns in this order: Email, First Name, Last Name, Department, User Group, and IM Group.
- Departments, user groups, and IM groups are optional.
- Format the CSV file for each user type you want to import.
- The maximum number of users per CSV file is 9999.
- Click on the [Import] button.
- Choose the type of user to be added (basic, professional, or co-user). Please note that assigning professional and corporate users require an available license.
- Select the functions that the user should have.
- Click on the [Upload CSV file] button to browse your computer and find the CSV file to be imported.
What to do on the added user side
Activation emails will be sent to new users.
/>Users with the same email address and existing Free Zoom account will receive an email to approve the invitation.
The invited user clicks [ Sign in to Zoom ] to activate.
Click Pending to see who has not yet verified your account.
If the user has not yet accepted the invitation but is no longer in the Inbox, you can use the Resend button to resend a confirmation email.
If you do not want to allow users to join your account, you can click Delete before they accept your email invitation.
Advanced Detail or Other detail in Zoom user management setting
Click Details to view the total number of Basic, Professional, Corporate, and Zoom Room users.
- Change all users in your account: Use this to change the license type of all members (not the account owner or administrator). For example, you can change all basic users to pro users.
- Delete all members in an account that is not a user type administrator: Use this option to delete all members with a specific type of license. Their Zoom account is removed from Zoom.
- Update Default Domain User Type: This changes the license assignments for all users added to the managed domain.
- Set default user group: This will set the default group for all users added to your account in the future.
- Change User Group: Moves a user from one group to another.
- Add Domain Users to Groups: Adds all users with managed domain email addresses to a specific group.
- Set default IM group: Select the IM group to which the user is added by default.
- Change IM group: Move user’s group from one IM group to another IM group.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
Can multiple users use the same Zoom account?
You will be able to have 5 licensed users on your account if you purchase 5 Zoom licenses. It is possible for you to add up to 9999 Basic (free) users to your Zoom account in addition to your Licensed users.
Can Zoom admin see meetings?
In the Zoom Dashboard, account administrators can access a wide range of information related to their account, including information on the overall usage of Zoom and live meeting data. In addition to analyzing the data that is collected about users, it can also be used to better understand how users are holding meetings in your company in order to resolve any issues that may have occurred
How do you check user activity in Zoom?
Access Zoom’s web portal by logging in to your Zoom account. Click on the Account Management button in the navigation menu, then click on the Reports button. Please click on the User Activity Reports tab at the top of the page.
How do I see all users in Zoom meeting?
Log into the Zoom mobile app by signing in with your Zoom account. Let’s get started with a meeting. To display the Participants panel, simply tap the Participants button in the host control panel.
How can you see who is in Zoom before joining?
Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
Click Settings from the navigation panel on the left side of the screen.
Go to the tab titled Meetings and click on it.
Check the Identify guest attendees in the meeting/webinar option under In Meeting (Advanced) in order to make sure it is enabled.
It is possible to enable the setting by clicking the toggle button if it is disabled.
Can you ban people on Zoom?
The phone system management can be accessed from the navigation menu by clicking User & Rooms. Select the user whose number you would like to block from receiving calls. Go to the User Settings page and click on it. On the right side of the Blocked List, you will see View or Edit options.
How long should you wait for a zoom meeting to start?
During 5-10-15 minute meetings, you can get informational or have a social call. In the case of a meeting with an equal, 10 minutes are allotted. The Zoom meeting with your boss or client should not last longer than 15 minutes!
How do you stop Zoom bombers?
Zoom Security: How to prevent Zoom Bombings
It is necessary to register or authenticate in order to use this service. The registration process. …
The option of enabling Passcode or Waiting Room should be enabled. As part of Zoom’s registration procedure, all users will either have to enable a passcode or use the waiting room when attending meetings. …
It is important to set the security settings for the room. Participant Permissions can be found under the Security Tab