What you can do with user management in Zoom App
Account owners and administrators can manage users by adding, removing, and assigning roles and add-on features.
This article explains the following:
- How to Use User Management
- Register a new user
- Import users
- Pending Users
- Advanced detail
For information on how to delete a user by deleting, disabling or unlinking a user from the account, refer to Deleting a user from the account.
- The zoom account owner or administrator privileges
How to use user management in Zoom App
Log in to the user page. Users, pending, and details are displayed.
When you select User in User Management, you can:
- You can edit each user’s account type (Basic, Professional, and Corporate) or department.
- You can add users one at a time or import a CSV file. (If you import a CSV file, you can add multiple users at once)
- You can export users to a CSV file.
- Owners can set up admin users or assign custom roles. Read more about roles here. Read more about roles.
Note: Only the account owner can promote members to admins or demote admins to members.
How to Add a New User in Zoom App
- Click Add User or Import ( import CSV file) to add a new user to the account.
Please refer to the following item “How to import users” when importing.
- Please enter your user information.
- Email Address: Enter the user’s name address. If you need to add multiple users with the same settings, you can enter multiple email addresses separated by commas.
- User Type: Select whether this user is a basic (free) user, a professional user, or a corporate user.
You need an available license to assign professional and corporate users.
- Function: Check which function you want this user to have. These features require an optional license available.
- Department (optional): Enter a department name if necessary.
- User Group: If you are using group management, select the group to which this user will be added.
- IM group: If you are using IM management, select the IM group to add this user.
3. Click Add.
How to import users in Zoom App
- If you want to use the same feature to add multiple users to your account at one time,
you can import users via a “CSV file”.
- The CSV
must be formatted in the following columns in the following order: Email, First Name, Last Name, Department, User Group, and IM Group.
Departments, user groups, and IM groups are optional.
- CSV files need to be created and imported for each user type.
- The maximum number of users per CSV file is 9999.
- Click [ Import ]
- Choose to make this user a basic (free) user, a professional user, or a co-user. You need an available license to assign professional and corporate users.
- Check the functions that this user should have.
- Click [ Upload CSV file ] to browse the computer and find the CSV file to be imported.
What to do on the added user side
Activation emails will be sent to new users.
Users with the same email address and existing Free Zoom account will receive an email to approve the invitation.
The invited user clicks [ Sign in to Zoom ] to activate.
Click Pending to see who has not yet verified your account.
If the user has not yet accepted the invitation but is no longer in the Inbox, you can use the Resend button to resend a confirmation email.
If you do not want to allow users to join your account, you can click Delete before they accept your email invitation.
Note: Pending invitations expire after 30 days and will be removed from the pending list.
Advanced Detail or Other detail in Zoom user management setting
Click Details to view the total number of Basic, Professional, Corporate, and Zoom Room users.
- Change all users in your account: Use this to change the license type of all members (not the account owner or administrator). For example, you can change all basic users to pro users.
- Delete all members in an account that is not a user type administrator: Use this option to delete all members with a specific type of license. Their Zoom account is removed from Zoom.
- Update Default Domain User Type: This changes the license assignments for all users added to the managed domain.
- Set default user group: This will set the default group for all users added to your account in the future.
- Change User Group: Moves a user from one group to another.
- Add Domain Users to Groups: Adds all users with managed domain email addresses to a specific group.
- Set default IM group: Select the IM group to which the user is added by default.
- Change IM group: Move user’s group from one IM group to another IM group.