With device management, account administrators and account owners can manage their device information and updates from the centralized location, where they can check the device information.
Prior to the use of Device Management, a number of requirements need to be met in order for it to be effective
- Logging in as the owner or administrator must be done after the user has been granted permissions
- by the Zoom Phone device they have access to, as well as by the device that the user controls
What you need to do in order to access Device Management
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in using your user name and password.
- Upon arriving at the Device Management section, you’ll want to click the link on the left-hand side of the page. A summary of some high level metrics pertaining to devices can be found here, such as an overview of the number of devices grouped by Platform OS and appliance vendor, as well as the number of devices that are currently enrolled or assigned to cloud services.
- The term unassigned refers to the fact that the device is not assigned to a specific room or user at the moment. If you select the chart/metric, you will be able to jump to the list of devices.
There are several ways in which you can utilize the device list:
- Please enter your username and password in order to access the Zoom web portal.
- Click on the devices tab after navigating to the Device Management section and then clicking on the Devices section.
- In order to customize which columns will be displayed on this page, you will need to click on the settings gear located on the right side of the page. Among the options you have are as follows:
- Platform OS
- App version
- Device type
- Hot Desking (Signed In)
- IP address
- MAC address
Read it also –
|Configuring Zoom Device Management Network Profile|
|Changing Device Management Account Settings In Zoom App|
What is Enrollment and how do I use it?
- Join Zoom’s web portal by signing in with your username and password.
- Select Device Management and then Enrollment from the navigation menu. This is where you can see a breakdown of all your Apple, Windows, and Appliance devices that have been enrolled in the system. Additionally, the system also allows users to enroll Apple and Windows devices here.
How to use Update Management
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Device Management from the navigation menu, then click Update Management from the drop-down menu.
How to use System Config
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Device Management then System Config.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MDM in Zoom?
A Zoom Room can also be assigned a specific device if it is enrolled in a third party device management service, or Zoom’s own device management service, which is part of Zoom’s Mobile Device Management service (MDM).
How can I see what devices are logged into my Zoom?
How to view the list of your managed devices
- Using Zoom’s web portal, access your account by signing in with your Zoom username and password.
- Click Device Management from the navigation menu and then click Device list in order to see the list of devices.
- Select the Devices tab from the menu.
- You are advised to type the name of the device you are looking for into the search box in order to find it more easily.
- There is a drop-down menu that allows you to choose between the following filters: All Platforms OS. Windows.
How do I change my device settings in Zoom?
How to change phone or device settings
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- Please click Phone System Management in the left navigation menu, followed by Phones & Devices in the right navigation menu.
- The Assigned tab will appear after you click the Unassigned tab.
- To edit a phone’s or device’s display name, you will need to click on the device’s or phone’s display name. The following items can be viewed or edited by you:
Is Zoom for Intune free?
By using Zoom, you will be able to hold HD video and screen sharing meetings for up to 100 participants for free using HD video and screen sharing technology. Intune for Zoom is now available.
How do I remove a device from Zoom?
Click on the Edit button that appears to the right of the Zoom Room that you wish to modify in order to make the changes you wish to make. You can do this by clicking on the button next to the name of the room to the right. If you would like to edit the device profile for a particular device, click on it. The device profile can now be edited, as well as removed by clicking on the Delete button at the top of the screen.
How do you know if someone is checking you out on Zoom?
The initial step in making this idea work is to make sure that you are paying attention to the person and that they have their camera on in order for it to work. Using a flashlight, or with a cover over the computer camera, you can then take a look at whether the light on your device changes as a result of whether you have a cover on the camera or not. If it does, it may mean that you have been pinned to their screen as a result.
How many devices can connect to Zoom?
Zoom allows you to connect to your Zoom account directly from three different devices at the same time at the same time: a computer, a tablet, and a smartphone none of which have to be switched apart. When you sign into the first device of the same type while logged into the second device of the same type, the first device will automatically log you out when you sign into the second device.