Using a virtual receptionist at any entrance in the office, or at any service area within the office, will minimize the amount of direct contact between staff and clients. Physically separating people creates a safer environment for everyone involved, and the video experience gives the added advantage of a more immersive experience for everyone involved. Ideally, a member of staff can join a conference call and greet visitors face-to-face before they begin dealing with them in person.
There are a number of topics covered in this article, including:
- How to add a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- How to edit a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- How to troubleshoot issues with the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
Prerequisites for using a Virtual Receptionist
- A Zoom Room administrator, account owner, or a role with the ability to edit Zoom Rooms
- Version 5.5.0 (2400.0131) and above of Zoom Rooms for Touch for Windows
- Version 5.5.0 (926) of Zoom Rooms for Touch for Appliances or greater is required
- The version of Zoom Rooms for Touch for iPad that you are using must be at least 5.8.0
How to add a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Once you have clicked Room Management, you will be able to add new rooms.
- Select the Kiosk room type from the list of room types and then the location from the list of locations. Since Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist does not support calendar integration, this option will not be available when using Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist.
- In order to return to the Zoom Rooms list, click on Finish at the bottom of the page.
How to edit a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- In the Room Management section, click on Edit next to the room you would like to make changes to, and then select the appropriate option.
- It is possible to edit each of the elements listed below in the room:
- The logo of the company
- It is our pleasure to welcome you to our website
- Subtitle Text for the Welcome Video
- An action button can be found here:
- This is the background (unhighlighted) of the document
- By clicking on the action button, you’ll be able to see a menu of options that you can use to edit the button. These options are:
- Add Call Recipients
If the action button is pressed, the users that have been added will be called and they will be selected from the call list when the action button is pressed. This field can be used to store the details of up to four users within a single account. After entering the user name in the field, the field will attempt to autocomplete the rest of the information.
- Button Name
This is the text that will be seen by the visitor when they visit your website. For example: “Check In”
- Button Style
If you click the color box or enter the color code for the button, you will be able to select the primary and secondary colors (for example: #0E72ED) for the button.
An interactive preview of the button can be viewed in this section.
- Add Call Recipients
- The Action Button can be saved by clicking Continue after you have made any changes to it.
- The Kiosk can be edited by clicking the Save button when you are finished.
How to troubleshoot issues with the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- There is a risk of font mismatch on the device, since some fonts may not yet have been updated, so the text styling of the web interface might not match the text styling on the device.
- A device will use a default style if the updated style is missing, which is lower in opacity, if the device does not find an updated style.
- A default background may be displayed after a call ends before the custom background is displayed, so it is recommended to check this after ending a call.
Read it also –
|How To Change Your Zoom Virtual Background Image|
|How To Deploy The Virtual Room Connector In Zoom App|
|Allow List For Smart Virtual Background For Linux And Windows In Zoom|
|Know The Requirement Of Zoom Virtual Background|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use the Zoom Room controller?
- Start Zoom’s desktop client and sign in to it.
- The Room Controller can be found under Apps under the Rooms tab.
- The list of Zoom for Home devices can be accessed by selecting one from the list.
- The Sharing Key must be entered and clicked on OK once it has been entered.
- You have the option of starting an instant meeting by clicking Meet Now or setting up a scheduled meeting by clicking the Meeting List button (optional).
What is room controller app?
How do I update my Zoom Room controller?
- You will have to enter the Zoom web portal as an administrator with the authority to make changes to the settings of the account.
- You can access Zoom Rooms by clicking on Room Management in the navigation panel.
- On the Devices tab, click the Add Device button.
- You will then need to click on Upgrade Zoom Rooms.
- To confirm the upgrade, click the Upgrade button.
How do I check my Zoom Room version?
- On the top-right corner of the screen, in the Zoom app, click the profile icon to access your profile information. In the screenshot below, you can see that the red highlights are highlighting the area in question.
- You can find out more about Zoom by selecting the ‘Help’ option.
How do I remove Zoom Room?
- When you sign in from the website, the list of the rooms you have created will appear on the screen. You can check off the box next to each room you wish to delete after you have signed in.
- If you want to delete a room, please click the “Erase” button on the right side of the screen.