This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
When used in conjunction with a Zoom Room, the Poly Trio can function as a speakerphone and a controller at once, using the device as both when it is connected to the Zoom Room. It is possible to start a screenshare, join a Zoom meeting, start an instant meeting, and start a phone call from the Poly Trio in a few simple steps once the device is set up.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to use the basic controls
- How to use the in-meeting controls
- How to join a meeting
- How to start a presentation
- How to use phone call-out
- How to access the room controller settings
Prerequisites for using a Poly Trio as a Zoom Room Controller
- A license for Zoom Rooms is required
- Devices with Poly Trio technology
How to use the basic controls
On the controller, you can view all the meetings that are scheduled for today and tap the Start button at the time the meeting is scheduled to begin. Furthermore, you can also take advantage of the following:
- Meet Now: You can start a meeting right now.
- Join: In order to participate in a meeting, you must enter the meeting ID.
- Phone: This feature allows you to call out to a phone number if it has been enabled.
- Presentation: Begin by starting a local screen share within the same room.
- Settings: You can access the settings by tapping on the gear icon that is located at the top right of the screen.
There will also be an orange alert shown when an upcoming meeting starts within ten minutes of when you enable upcoming meeting alerts to inform you the meeting is about to begin. It is possible to start a meeting by tapping Start or dismiss it by tapping Dismiss to return to the usual room controls.
How to use the in-meeting controls
- Mute/Unmute Microphone: You can either muffle or unmute the microphone in the room.
- Start/Stop Video: This will allow you to start and stop the video camera in the room.
- Share Content or Camera: By selecting this option, you will get instructions on how to share content from your laptop or mobile device.
- Camera Control: You can change the settings or presets of your PTZ camera.
- More: Use the additional controls to access even more features and controls.
- Manage Participants / Participants: The meeting participants can be viewed by clicking the link below. There are controls available to the host so that he or she can manage the participants if that is their role.
- Invite: You can invite people by using contact forms, e-mails, phone calls, or a room system system.
- Switch Camera: A secondary camera can be switched to if the primary one is not working.
- Change View: There are a number of layout options you can choose from when it comes to your video display.
- Speaker: The active speaker’s video will be displayed on the screen.
- Thumbnail: The video of the speaker who is currently active will be displayed on the screen. Listed below the active speaker are thumbnails for all other attendees who attended the event.
- Gallery: In a grid layout, you can view all attendees at the same time.
- Settings: If you have a room passcode, you will be able to access the settings of the room.
How to join a meeting
Joining a meeting by using the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name is as easy as following these steps:
- Click on the Join button.
- The meeting ID can be found in the meeting details. If you want to enter a name for your personal link, you can also tap Show Keyboard to do so.
- Click on the Join button.
How to start a presentation
A screen can be shared within a room by following these steps:
- Select Presentation from the menu.
- In order to share a computer screen, follow the instructions on the screen. If you are using an iPad, iPhone, or Mac, simply tap iPhone/iPad/Mac to view the instructions for iOS devices.
- You can also:
- Stop Sharing: If you want to end the sharing, simply tap on the Stop Sharing control on the control panel.
- Phone: You have the option of calling a specific phone number, if it is enabled.
- Start Meeting: Zoom meetings can be started by tapping the Start meeting button on the Zoom meeting screen.
How to use phone call-out
- Tap on the Phone icon.
- Choose the country you want to call out to by tapping on the flag icon.
- Enter the phone number in the field provided.
- You will need to tap the phone icon in order to make a call.
How to access the room controller settings
The room settings can be accessed at any time by tapping the gear icon at the top right-hand corner of your screen, either when you are not in a meeting, or when you are in a meeting by tapping the More tab then Settings option.