By integrating Dropbox with Zoom, you can perform a wide variety of actions within Zoom. In a Zoom meeting you will be able to share Dropbox files, message Zoom contacts, or join a Zoom meeting directly from Dropbox once it is connected to your Zoom account. If you are using Dropbox, you can use the activity section of a file preview to see who has presented a file to Zoom.
- Using Dropbox to connect to your Google or Outlook calendars
- Via the Zoom desktop application
- Dropbox’s latest version is now available for download
Note: The following information is accessed and used by this app from Dropbox:
- Information about each file (id of the file, name, size, thumbnail link) – used for offering users a choice of files
- A file sharing link can be used to share a given file on Zoom chat and Zoom meetings
How to connect Zoom to Dropbox
- Here is the link to install the latest version of Dropbox.
- Click on your profile picture on dropbox.com, and you can install the latest version of Dropbox.
- From the main menu, select Settings, then select Connected apps.
- In case you have not yet connected your Google or Outlook calendars to Dropbox, you will need to do so now.
- In case you don’t know how to do this, click Connect to Zoom and follow the instructions.
How to present files in Zoom from Dropbox
- Click the arrow next to the share button in Dropbox, then click the Present in Zoom button after the cursor appears over the file.
- Click on Present when you have entered the Zoom Meeting ID.
- As you join the Zoom meeting, you will see a screen sharing window appear and you will be able to share your screen. As the window to display will be selected by default, the internet browser will be selected with Dropbox open. Click the Share button.
- Navigate to the tab, which displays the Dropbox file, on the internet browser.
How to message Zoom contacts from Dropbox
- Open the Dropbox file you wish to share and click the profile of the person you want to share the file with.
- You will be able to select Message on Zoom from the dropdown menu and enter the message there. If you have connected Dropbox with Slack or another messaging app, you may need to select Zoom instead of the message option if you have connected Dropbox with Slack or another messaging app.
- Then Click Send.
How to join a Zoom meeting from Dropbox
- Click on the profile of the person you are sharing the document with if you open a file in Dropbox.
- Into your Google calendar, you can see upcoming Zoom meetings with that person. To start a Zoom meeting with that person, click the Join Zoom Meeting button.
How to see who presented a Dropbox file in Zoom
- Click the Activity button in Drobpox to open a file.
- When someone shares this file in a Zoom meeting, a record will display that shows how many times the file was shared.