With the Zoom for Gmail add-on, you will have the option to schedule an instant meeting or start an instant meeting with participants from your Gmail inbox. In addition to automatically composing emails, this add-on can also send a meeting summary once the meeting has been completed, as well as an email after the meeting has been completed.
Whenever you activate the add-on for your account, the app will appear for all users on desktop browsers that you choose. Unfortunately, at the moment there is no iOS add-on available for Gmail.
Also, you can schedule Zoom meetings directly from Google Calendar or Gmail when using the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on.
Prerequisites for using Gmail add-on
- Using Google Apps Admin Access to enable G Suite
How to install the add-on for all users on your Google Workspace account
- You will need to sign in as an administrator to your Google Workspace account.
- Select Zoom for Gmail from the Google Workspace Marketplace by searching for it and clicking on it.
- You will then be prompted to install it.
How to sign in to the Zoom for Gmail add-on
- The Zoom for Gmail icon appears in the right-side panel of the email thread when you are viewing the thread.
- It is recommended that you click Authorize Access the first time you use the add-on.
- Once you have done this, Zoom will ask for permission to login to your Google account.
- You will be prompted to authorize access to your account after you have clicked Sign In.
- Open your Zoom account by signing in via the browser window that appears.
How to start an instant meeting from Zoom for Gmail
- The Zoom for Gmail icon will appear in the right-side panel when you are viewing an email thread.
- From there, you will have the option of starting a meeting.
- You will then have the opportunity to enter the details of the meeting and click CREATE MEETING.
It will be created an instant meeting will be sent out to the email thread along with the details of the meeting.
- If you are ready to start the meeting from your computer, add the Zoom for Gmail add-on to your Gmail account and click START MEETING.
How to schedule a meeting from the add-on
- Click the Zoom for Gmail icon in the right-side panel when you are viewing an email thread in Gmail.
- Click Schedule a meeting.
- Choose the meeting settings you want:
- Topic: Whenever you send an email, the subject line will be automatically inserted here.
- Timezone: Zoom will set the time zone according to what you have set in your account. If necessary, you can choose a different time zone.
- When: Make sure that you select the meeting date and time.
- Decide on how long you think the meeting will last.
- Enable meeting summary: This setting allows you to send out a summary of the meeting after it has concluded by sending the meeting topic, meeting ID, date, and attendees’ names.
- Invite participants via email: After you have created your meeting and switched this on, you will receive an email containing the meeting participants’ information.
- Add mail participants in meeting: If you need to invite additional participants to this meeting, please click on the arrow to view who will be invited.
- Please click on the ‘Create Meeting’ button.
We will set up a meeting and send an e-mail containing the details of that meeting to all the participants, if they have been selected.
- Open the Zoom for Gmail add-on at the beginning of the meeting. When it is time to start the meeting, click on View upcoming meetings when you are ready. Once the meeting is ready to begin, click on Start.
How to view and start or join upcoming meetings
- The Zoom for Gmail icon is found in the right-hand panel of an email thread when you are viewing it.
- The Zoom for Gmail icon will appear.
- Upon clicking the ‘Meetings’ button, a list of any scheduled meetings will be displayed along with your individual meeting ID. If there are any upcoming meetings, you can start them by clicking the Start button next to the topic and join link next to the meeting.
How to send a meeting summary
In the event that a meeting is scheduled before the meeting has concluded, the meeting can be scheduled to automatically send a meeting summary email. An email summary will be sent out with a list of all participants, the meeting ID, and the date of the meeting.
Read it also –
|Remote Upgrade Of Zoom Rooms|
|How Do I Change The Email In My Zoom Account|
|How To Enter Meeting Id From Zooms Crc Server From Sony Side Of Tv Conference System|
|Unable To Log In With Facebook In Zoom|
|Link Or Signup Zoom Account|
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Gmail work with Zoom?
With Zoom’s innovative Gmail add-on, you will now be able to seamlessly manage and schedule meetings from a Gmail inbox. As soon as you add an email participant to the meeting, they will automatically be included in the meeting, as well as other participants can be added as well.
How do I accept a Zoom invitation in Gmail?
You can accept the meeting invitation by clicking the Yes button in the email that was sent to you. You should open the Zoom meeting on your calendar associated with your email address just prior to the commencement of the scheduled meeting. In the invitation, you will find a link that will take you to the meeting.
How do I fix Zoom in Gmail?
The keys to be pressed are Ctrl and – on Windows and Linux. You can do this on a Mac by pressing ⌘ and -.
If you click on “Zoom,” you will be able to select from the following zoom options:
Click Zoom in if you want to zoom in on anything.
You can make everything smaller by clicking Zoom out..
Use full-screen mode: Click Full screen. .
How do I set the default zoom in Gmail?
Navigate to Apps > Google Workspace > Calendar from the Google Admin console dashboard. Then click Video conferencing in the Sharing settings. Add video calls automatically to events created by users by checking the box next to this option. Save the changes.
How do I zoom in on Gmail for Android?
Tap the Menu key on your main Gmail screen. Select General Settings from the Settings menu. Make sure the tick box beside “Auto-fit messages” is checked to enable pinch-to-zoom while email content fits your screen. Swiping a conversation will trigger an action when selected from the Swiping conversation list.