In order to control your Zoom Room Appliances hands-free and consistently, you can use Alexa for Business to control them. There is no need to purchase any additional hardware since the solution is built-in and can be deployed easily. A user can ask Alexa a number of things, including joining a meeting, turning up the volume, finding a free room, locating an available Wi-Fi network, and providing the password to the guest Wi-Fi network, with just a few simple steps to get started.
The following are the topics covered in this article:
- How to setup an IAM user account
- How to setup a new “least-privilege” IAM account
- How to enable Alexa for Appliances
- How to use Alexa for Business
- Basic commands
- Advanced commands
Prerequisites for configuring Alexa for Zoom Room Appliances
- Version 5.5.0 (926) or higher is required for Zoom Rooms Appliance.
- An Amazon Web Services account with Alexa for Business access is required
How to setup an IAM user account
To integrate the Zoom admin portal with Amazon Web Services (AWS), ask the AWS administrator to add the AlexaforBusinessFullAccess AWS Managed Policy to the existing account of the AlexaforBusinessFullAccess AWS Managed Policy user, if you are using an existing Amazon Web Services (AWS) Identity and Access Management (IAM) user.
- You can open the Amazon AWS IAM console by going to https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/.
- Click on Users, type your user name into the search box, and click on Sign In
After selecting the desired file from the list, you will be able to view it.
- Choose Add permissions, then click on Attach existing policies directly, and then click on Save.
- To find AlexaforBusinessFullAccess, enter AlexaforBusinessFullAccess in the search box and press enter.
From the list of options, choose the one you want.
- You will be able to add permissions by selecting Next, reviewing, and adding them to the list.
How to setup a new “least-privilege” AWS IAM account
You may need to ask your AWS administrator to perform additional configurations to suit your environment, but these are the minimal required steps if you wish to use a dedicated AWS IAM account with “least privilege” permissions to integrate Zoom admin portal with AWS (your AWS administrator may have to perform additional configurations depending on your environment):
- It is possible to open the IAM console by going to the following address: https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam
- You can open the Create Policy Visual Editor by choosing Policies and clicking the Create Policy button.
- The service to be used is the IAM service, which can be found in the Service section.
- Under the Actions section of the page, expand Access level, and then choose GetRole from the drop-down box. You can then expand the permissions management section and select AttachRolePolicy under Permissions management.
- To restrict access to a resource, click the Add ARN button in the Resources section.
- Please enter AlexaForBusiness-ExternalProviderZoomRole as the role name in the Role name with path text box in the Add ARN(s) window, and click “Add Role”.
- After clicking Next: Tags, you will be taken to the next step.
- (Optional) Add tags in accordance with the standards of your organization if applicable.
- If you are reviewing the policy, select Next: Review. In the Name text field, enter a name according to your organization’s standards, for example, ZoomRoomsIntegrationIAMPermissionsForAlexaForBusiness. You can also enter a description.
- To create a policy, click on the Create policy button.
- Then click on Add users, and then chPlease enter a description for your username, choose the AWS credential type Password – AWS Management Console access, and set a password for the account.access and set a password.
- It is recommended to click on Attach existing policies directly instead of searching for and adding the following two policies:
- As a starting point, let’s take a look at the policy you have just created.
- Second, is the AlexaForBusinessFullAccess policy that is managed by AWS.
- The next step is to add tags to the post.
- You can add tags based on the standards of your organization if you wish to do so.
- Click the Next: Review button to proceed to the next step.
- Create a new user by clicking the Create User button.
- AWS console must be shut down before you can sign out.
How to enable Alexa for Appliances
Note: The use of this feature should be done with caution. There is an action called Link Amazon Web Services (AWS) account that will change the Voice Command type to Alexa immediately for all Zoom Room Appliances if Voice Commands have already been enabled. Before connecting your AWS account to Voice Commands, you may wish to temporarily turn them off.
To avoid using a wrong AWS account when integrating the Zoom admin portal with Alexa for Business, make sure you are logged out of the AWS Console before proceeding. We recommend that you use an incognito or private session of your browser when visiting this site.
- Click the Zoom Rooms tab in the Zoom web portal after you have logged into your Zoom account and clicked Room Management. After that,
Click on the Account Settings button.
- On the Meeting tab, select Alexa for Business and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Please click on the link below
AWS account is a web service providIn order to login to AWS, you will need to enter your credentials.your AWS login credentials. Please ensure that you are logged in as the correct AWS IAM user, then click on the Enable button.
- Click on Room Management on the Zoom web portal, and then click on Zoom Rooms to access the Zoom web portal. The first step to enabling Alexa for Business is to navigate to the Account Settings page and choose the Zoom Rooms hierarchy, or you can reach out to the specific room(s) that you want to enable Alexa for Business in and click Edit.
- Click the Meeting tab, and then toggle the Voice Commands toggle to enable them after you’ve chosen one of the options above. The next step is to select Alexa for Business from the menu. Set the city where you want to get local information like weather and traffic, if you wish to get local information such as weather and traffic in the area where you are staying. Then click on the Save button.
- The Alexa feature can be enabled or disabled on your Zoom Rooms controller or touch screen by tapping the Alexa Enable/Disable button on the screen.
How to use Alexa for Business
|You can say…||Zoom Rooms will…|
|“Alexa, join my meeting”
“Alexa, start my meeting”
|Join a scheduled meeting or join by meeting ID.|
|“Alexa, end the meeting”
“Alexa, hang up”
|Leave a meeting|
|“Alexa, end the call”||End a call for all participants (if user is the host)|
|“Alexa, turn the volume
|Adjust the Zoom Room volume level|
|“Alexa, how is the Dow Jones
|Find information and general Q&A|
- Click Room Management, then click Zoom Rooms on the Zoom web portal in order to enable advanced commands. Using the Account Settings button, you will be able to use Zoom Rooms hierarchy, or you can locate specific rooms and click Edit to edit them.
- You can find Voice Commands by clicking on the Meeting tab in the toolbar. To access advanced features of the AWS console, click on Open AWS console. To set up advanced features like booking rooms and setting up your private skills, you can follow this guide.
|You can say…||Zoom Rooms will…|
|“Alexa, is this room available?”
“Alexa, is this room free?”
|Check general room availability and respond|
|“Alexa, is this room free for 30 minutes?”||Check room availability for a specific
|“Alexa, is this room free at 10 AM?”||Check room availability for a specific time|
|“Alexa, who booked this room?”
“Alexa, who booked this room at 2 PM?”
|Find out who reserved room|
|“Alexa, book this room for 30 minutes”
“Alexa, book this room at 2 PM for 60 minutes”
“Alexa, reserve this room until 1 PM”
|Make an instant booking|
|“Alexa, extend the meeting”
“Alexa, extend the meeting by half an hour”
“Alexa, extend the meeting for 15 minutes”
|Extend a room reservation|
|“Alexa, when is the next meeting?”||Find the next reservation|
|“Alexa, find me a room”
“Alexa, find a room for an hour”
“Alexa, find a room at noon”
|Find an available room|
|“Alexa, turn on lights”
“Alexa, turn off lights”
“Alexa, dim the lights”
|Control smart devices (requires a third-party Smart Home skill)|
|“Alexa, what’s the Wi-Fi password?”||Access company FAQs using Knowledge Skills (requires a Knowledge skill)|
Read it also –
|Spotlight Video Feature In Zoom Room App|
|Using Zoom Room Autonomous Single App Mode With Mdm|
|Zoom Room Alerts|
|Using Zdm With Zoom Room Appliances|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you connect zoom to Alexa?
In the event that you tell Alexa, “Alexa, join my Zoom meeting”, she will then ask you for the Zoom meeting ID as well as the Zoom meeting password, and she will ask you for that information. Nevertheless, you should take note that if Alexa cannot find the meeting ID and passcode with a single attempt, the Zoom for Home app will open, allowing you to join the meeting manually from the controller if Alexa does not find the meeting ID and passcode.
How do I set up Zoom Room hardware?
Here are three simple steps you can follow to configure your device
Create a Zoom Room and configure it. After you have purchased your software subscription, you can connect Zoom Rooms to your Zoom account using the “Zoom Rooms” tab, and you can configure your Zoom Room settings after you have logged in to your Zoom account after purchasing your software subscription.
Make sure that the hardware is connected. In order to use your laptop, you will need to connect your monitor to it, and then you will need to connect your camera, microphone, and speakers to it as well. …
Make sure that the software is installed correctly.
What devices can you use to join a zoom rooms meeting?
Zoom Rooms require a number of components in order to operate correctly, including, at a minimum, a computer running Zoom Rooms software as well as a tablet, such as an iPad, Android tablet, or Windows 10 tablet, that is able to run the Zoom Rooms app. A TV, speakers, cameras, microphones, and an iPad that will be used to operate Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display may also be required in addition to the other equipment mentioned above.
Can you connect directly from a Zoom Room system?
When you use the Zoom desktop client, you can participate in a meeting that has already been scheduled in a Zoom Room where the client has been set to disable the client’s audio and video capabilities so that you can join the meeting. From your desktop computer, you can use the Zoom client to share screens, chat, manage participants, and conduct video and audio conferences with your colleagues using Zoom Rooms.
How do I fix zoom on Echo?
I believe that the problem may be that the attendee who is causing the problem may not be able to see that he or she is causing the problem at the time. In this instance, the host should muffle all attendees before unmuting them one by one until the echo recurs when the host muffles each attendee one by one until the host muffles each attendee one by one until it disappears.