It may be necessary to switch to a regular phone connection if a poor or limited Wi-Fi connection is affecting the current Zoom Phone call.
Prerequisites for switching a call to your phone carrier
- Zoom mobile app, version 5.4.7 or higher
- Required for Zoom Phone
- Services that include forwarding to your direct phone number through the Zoom Phone app
- If you have an active phone number and a mobile device with an active carrier
- And the connection between your device and the carrier is good
- Good and your administrator has activated the policy called “Mobile Switch to Carrier”
How to switch a call to your phone carrier
- Log in to the Zoom app on your mobile device.
- Start a call or receive one.
- From the call controls, you can choose to tap More.
- From there, you can choose to Switch to a Carrier.
- Then you need to enter the direct number of your phone as shown below. For example, if you enter +19051231234 instead of +1 (905) 123-1234, you will be switched to +1 (905) 123-1234.
- There is no minus sign (+).
- Code of the country:
- Postal area code
- The phone number
- Tap Switch.
After you enter the phone number, Zoom Phone will make call to that number.
- Once you receive the call, you will answer it using your mobile carrier.
Your Zoom Phone call will be automatically ended when you answer the call with your mobile carrier.
Read it also –
|Signing Out And Switching Between Zoom Accounts|
|Switching Between Or Merging A Call And Meeting In Zoom App|
|Switching Method Of Zoom Rooms Linked To Pc|
You may struggle to complete the switch if you run into one of the following error messages. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions for each error message.
This phone number format was not recognized by Zoom Phone. To ensure you have entered the direct number of your phone correctly, enter it as follows:
- Plus sign (+)
- Country code
- Area code
- Phone number
To switch to +1 (905) 123-1234, for example, you could enter +19051231234.
Failed to Switch
Zoom Phone’s calling package does not support the direct dialing feature on your phone. On the Zoom web portal, you can view the details of the current package you have for calling in your settings.
You can change your calling package by contacting the Zoom Phone admin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer a Zoom call to my phone?
How do I change my mobile number on Zoom app?
How do I setup a Zoom meeting for phone calls?
How do you connect your phone number to Zoom?
- Become a member of the Zoom website by logging in.
- The Accounts tab can be found in the navigation panel. On the left side of that tab, click Phone Dial-in Contacts.
- In the Add Contact window, click the Add Contact button.
- The following information needs to be entered:…
- It is possible to add more contacts by clicking Add Another and then repeating step 4 as necessary.
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.
Can you use Zoom on your phone without WIFI?