As the name suggests, Zoom Phone Appliance combines the functionality of Zoom Phone and Zoom Rooms into an easy to use UI. A familiar Zoom menu can be found on the left side of the window with the navigation menus Home, Keypad, History, Voicemail, Contacts, and More. You will always be able to see the Zoom Phone Lines window when navigating the menu options as you move from one option to another.
- Zoom Phone Appliances supported
- License for Zoom Phone
How to use the Home menu
Using the Zoom Meeting menu on the Home page, you will be able to initiate a Zoom Meeting, join a Zoom Meeting, or view upcoming Zoom Meetings.
- The user can use the Home menu to display any upcoming Zoom meetings that are listed on their calendar and enable one-click joining by simply clicking the Join button.
- Start a dynamic Zoom Meeting by tapping the Meet button. Start a personal meeting by tapping the down arrow.
- To join a meeting manually, click the + Join button and enter the Meeting ID or Personal Meeting Name.
How to use the Zoom Phone Lines and Keypad menu
Using the Lines and Keypad menu, you will be able to dial Zoom Phone numbers, search for numbers and contacts, and dial them.
- It is also possible to configure different versions of Zoom Phone lines, call queues, and shared line groups for each user. These features can be seen in the right hand Lines window. When you tap on your primary line, you will have the option of setting the presence status as Available, Away, or Do not disturb
- You can search for a number or a contact name by tapping the upper left Number field or Keyboard icon, which can be found on the keypad menu.
- Outbound calls can be hidden or selected by tapping the Caller ID.
How to use the History menu
You will be able to see all missed, incoming, and outgoing calls in the History menu along with contact information, date, and time of each call.
- To filter by missed, incoming, and outgoing calls, tap All History.
- It is possible to tap on a call history entry to view the contact card, the date and time of the call, the duration of the call, the current presence, and the option to Meet and Call.
How to use the Voicemail menu
- Using the Voicemail entry, you will be able to play back the message and make a call.
How to use the Contacts menu
- Enter a contact’s name or number to find them.
- The Meet and Call buttons are located on the contact’s card when you select the contact.
Read it also –
How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Meetings
It is possible to bring the Zoom Room meeting experience to your phone with the Zoom Phone appliance. On the Zoom Phone appliance, you have the option of starting or joining a meeting, controlling in-meeting participants and hosts, changing layouts, using the whiteboard, and controlling security controls in the meeting.
- You can start/join a Zoom meeting by tapping on Meet or Join from the Zoom menu. When the calendar integration is enabled, Zoom prescheduled meetings will appear at the time of the meeting and provide a button to start the meeting as soon as the meeting is scheduled.
- As soon as you are in a meeting:
- In addition, you are able to access all the familiar in-meeting controls, such as Mute/Unmute, Start/Stop Video.
- Any web browser or Zoom App can be used to share a screen. There is the possibility of more than one participant sharing at the same time if the need arises. Besides this, you also have the option to choose advanced sharing options, which can be used to access additional sharing options and optimize your video sharing for full screen.
- There are three layout options: Speaker, Thumbnail, and Gallery.
- Bring your meeting participants together with a live whiteboard.
- The More menu contains Security controls.
- In the More menu, you can manage participants. Additional participant controls include renaming, inviting, muting, unmuting, locking, muting participants on entry, and more.
- You can control volume, chat, record, and settings from the More menu.
How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Phone Calls
As a multiline phone, Zoom Phone delivers all of Zoom Phone’s capabilities and more. In the middle of a call, you can perform activities such as mute, hold, conference, transfer, and record. Zoom meetings can also be easily added to the call.
- Contacts or the Keypad can be used to quickly find and call contacts.
- When you are on the phone:
- You can hold, transfer, and add calls using the DTMF keyboard. Among the options you’ll find under More are Mute/Unmute, Audio Settings, Recording, and Meeting (Switch to a Meeting).
- You can transfer to Voicemail, Blind Transfer, or Warm Transfer by tapping Transfer.
- Tap More then tap Audio to switch between Hands-set, Headset, or Speakers.
- Zoom Phone calls can be converted to Zoom Meetings by tapping More then Meeting
How to change the Zoom Phone Appliance settings
Web portal settings
A lot of Zoom for Home‘s features and settings can also be used with Zoom Phone Appliances.
- Access your profile page by logging into https://zoom.us.
- Select Collaboration Devices from the Settings menu. You can edit the Zoom Phone Appliance device by clicking the Edit button.
- You can customize the following from the tabs displayed:
- Room Name
- Background Image
- Device management
- Meeting Reminders
- Hide Self-View
- Show non-video participants
- Gallery View
- In-meeting video
- Content views
- Alert settings
- Digital Signage
The Zoom Phone appliance itself can also be configured with certain settings.
- The Settings menu is available by selecting More, then Microphone, Speaker, Camera, and Phone.
- In the General tab, you will find options such as software settings, Screen Lock settings (with password), additional System Settings, Send Problem Report, Reboot, and Sign Out and a number of other options.
- There is a System Settings option on the desk phone that allows users to view proprietary settings specific to the vendor of the desk phone, including the Display Preferences, Accessibility, Power Saving, Bluetooth, and Wifi settings.
- It is possible to adjust the default level settings of the microphone, speaker, or camera by tapping on one of these buttons.
- If you tap the Phone icon, you will see a list of Direct, Company, Caller ID numbers, as well as Area Codes for these numbers. When required, you can enable the option of hiding incoming calls while in a meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Zoom in on my phone appliance?
How do I set up Zoom phone?
- Zoom Web Portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Click Phone System Management from the navigation menu.
- Click Setup.
- Click Begin Setup.
- The Main Company Number can be selected if necessary.
- The information for Set Your Company’s Emergency Address must be filled out and a contract must be signed.
- Click Done.
What is a Zoom appliance app?
What are the features of Zoom phone?
- On Windows, Apple MacOS, Apple iOS, and Google Android devices, you can use Zoom for Meetings, Phone, and Team Chat.
- Support for desk phones.
- Call Transfer. …
- Call Forwarding. …
- Voicemail. …
- Call Recording. …
- Salesforce Integration. …
- Call Blocking.
How do Zoom phone numbers work?
Can you text from Zoom phone?
Is there an app for Zoom phone?
How do I know my Zoom phone number?
How do I know my Zoom phone number?
The Zoom portal can be accessed by logging into the Zoom account via the web browser and clicking Phone System Management, followed by Phone Numbers.