The Zoom Phone Quick Start Guide provides basic instructions on how to set up a Zoom Phone account, check calls and voice emails, and more. See this quick start guide for an overview of features. Click the embedded link for more information.
If your Zoom Phone administrator has assigned you a Zoom Phone license, you will receive an email notification with a link to configure your Zoom Phone.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the email notification. If you do not receive the email, sign in to the Zoom web portal and click Phone.
- Enter the information required to configure your Zoom Phone:
- Country and area code: The area code (area code) is required when dialing a city code.
- Time Zone: Set the correct time zone. It affects the functionality of some Zoom Phones, such as business hours, non-business hours, holiday settings, and desk phones (landlines) assigned by the administrator.
- PIN code: Enter the voicemail PIN to check voicemail on the desk phone assigned by the administrator. You don’t need a PIN to check your voice emails using the Zoom desktop, mobile app, or web portal.
- Click Settings.
After the initial setup , adjust the Zoom Phone settings on the web portal .
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Phone, then the Settings
Here are some essential settings you’ll want to change:
- Emergency contact: When calling an emergency call, the address provided to the first responder is displayed. Be sure to enter the correct address.
- Business Hours / Non-Business Hours / Holiday Settings: You can change the time zone for answering calls.
By default, the Zoom desktop client or mobile app can call the contacts directory to call users in the same organization. If you want to add contacts from a third party service, see the following article:
- Zoom Desktop Client: Sync your contacts with Google, Office 365, or Exchange. After you sync your contacts, you can add the synced contacts using your call history or voicemail .
- Zoom Mobile App: View phone contacts in theZoom Mobile App .
Once configured, you can use the Zoom Phone to make and receive calls . Use the dial pad to make a call or search for internal, external, or synced contacts. For incoming calls, you can reject the call and forward the call to voice mail.
Control during a call
Operation during a call:
- Access controls during a call,such as hold, record, and transfer .
- Starta Zoom meeting with the person you are talking to.
- Use call flipsto switch the device you are using to make a call .
Voice mail function
Zoom Phone forwards missed or rejected calls to voice mail. Use the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or web portal to play and manage voicemail messages .
Call history and recording
After making, receiving, or recording a call, you can view your call history and recordings in the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or web portal .
Desk phone (landline)
If the Zoom Phone administrator has set up a desk phone (landline phone), you can make / receive calls and check voice mail. For Polycom VVX series and Yealink T4 / T5 series phones, see the quick start guide. Desk phones (landlines) do not support some Zoom Phone features .
Once you get used to working with your Zoom Phone, use the following features to further enhance your experience:
- Zoom Desktop Client and Mobile App Settings: View Zoom Phone information such as your company phone number, extension number, and direct phone number. You can also change the incoming call notification settings.
- Blocked list: Change the setting to reject calls from a specific phone number or area code.
- Proxy Answer: Assign another phone user to make and receive calls on your behalf.
- Shared Voice Mail Inbox: Share voice mail with another phone user in your organization.
- Click to dial: Click a phone number to change your Mac or Windows settings to make a call to your Zoom Phone.
Read it also –
|How To Set Up Basic Saml Mapping In Zoom App|
|Administrator Saml Mapping Basic And Advanced In Zoom App|
|Transferring A Pmi Or Url From A Basic Account In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is basic Zoom phone?
How do I set up Zoom phone?
- Enter your Zoom Web Portal username and password to log in.
- Click the Phone System Management link on the navigation menu.
- You will be able to set up your account once you click Setup.
- Once you have clicked Begin Setup, a new window will appear.
- The main office can have its own company number, if that is what you require. …
- It is necessary for you to complete the information on how to set the emergency address for your company and to review the agreement.
- When you are done, click on the Done button.
Does Zoom phone give you a number?
Can you text on Zoom phone?
Where is my Zoom phone number?
Reserving a number on a mobile device and viewing it
The Zoom website can be accessed by logging in to your account. Click on Phone System Management in the menu bar and then on Phone Numbers to access the Phone Numbers section.