When you place your current Zoom Phone call on hold, you have the option of flipping to another device (Zoom desktop client, Zoom mobile app, or provisioned desk phone) and resuming your call there.
Prerequisites for using call flip
- License for Zoom Phone
Note: It is recommended that you use call park rather than call flip if you do not have the prerequisites detailed below.
Call flip between desktop client, mobile app, or desk phone
- Originating device:
- You can use Zoom on your Windows desktop, mac OS desktop, or Linux desktop
- Using the Zoom mobile app on Android or iOS
- If you have a deskphone that supports call flipping
- Destination device:
- You will need Zoom version 4.5.4 or higher for both Windows and MacOS
- As well as the Zoom mobile app version 4.5.3 or higher for Android and iOS
- Supported desk phones that are capable of flipping calls
- Through Zoom Room when a phone license is purchased
Proximity call flip from mobile app to Zoom Room
- Originating device:
- Zooom app for iOS or Android, version 5.2.1 or higher
- Destination Zoom Room:
- One that has a phone license
- And supports ultrasonic proximity signals for automatic sharing
- Zoom Rooms require that the originating devices and the destination Zoom Room be signed in to the same account.
How to initiate a call flip (originating device)
- From your computer, mobile device, or even a pre-configured voice mail, Zoom lets you make and receive phone calls.
- Use the in-call controls to put the call on hold.
When the other party is on hold, they will hear hold music.
How to answer a held call (destination device)
Desktop client or mobile app
- Choose the Phone icon by clicking or tapping it.
- The call you placed on hold will be displayed under the Lines tab when you click or tap it.
- You can answer the call by clicking or tapping the hold icon.
Note: For most Zoom Phone-compatible desk phones, follow these steps. Please refer to your phone’s manufacturer’s support site for more information.
- Your desk phone’s home screen will appear.
- Find the line which is on hold and click on it. Hold / Public Hold labels, red icons, hold icons, or a blinking red light are often used to identify this.
- Answer the call by tapping or pressing the phone line.
How to use proximity call flip (Zoom Room)
Additionally, you can use the call flip feature to switch from a Zoom Room that does not have a phone license to a Zoom Room that does. A Zoom Room can be detected if it is close by using an ultrasonic proximity signal feature.
- You can use the mobile app to make or receive calls.
- When you are ready to switch your call to another room, just enter the Zoom Room.
- Select Hand Off then select another room from the list.
If the Zoom app detects a nearby room, it will display the name of that room on the screen.
- You can confirm the call flip by tapping Hand Off to This Room.
Note: We were unable to detect your room for some reason, so in order to flip the call, you must enter the sharing key if the room was not detected by Zoom. When Zoom Rooms are displayed, it usually shows the sharing key in the top-right corner of the graphical interface.
Read it also –
|How To Use Of Call Flip In Zoom App|
|View Call Quality Dashboard In Zoom Phone App|
|Call Forwarding In Zoom App|
|Use Of In Call Controls In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make a call while using Zoom app?
The Zoom Phone feature is available if Zoom Phone is activated on your account, so that you can make and receive calls with Zoom
Can I switch a Zoom call to my phone?
Android | iOS
The Zoom mobile app can be accessed by opening the app and signing in. In order to view the upcoming meetings and webinars, navigate to the Meetings tab on the left side of the screen. You can join a meeting on your mobile device by tapping the Switch button next to the meeting listed as In Progress.
How do I stop my phone from interrupting Zoom?
If you have an Android device, here are some tips which can help you keep your live stream uninterrupted by phone calls:
To change your sound settings, go to Settings and select ‘Sounds’
Activate the ‘Silent mode’ on your computer.
The ‘Vibrate in silent mode’ setting needs to be disabled.
You can enable the setting of ‘Do not disturb’ by navigating to ‘Do not disturb’ and selecting it.
It is possible to select the option ‘No one’ for both the ‘Calls’ as well as the ‘Messages’ menus.
The option ‘Repeated calls’ needs to be turned off.
Where is the phone tab on Zoom?
Using Zoom’s desktop client, you will be able to sign in to your account. Then, click the settings icon next to your profile picture. Select the Phone tab from the menu
Can you be on a Zoom call and a teams call at the same time?
Microsoft Teams and Zoom work together very well. The Zoom Meetings bot can be found in the Microsoft Teams app store, or you can use the Zoom integration available in the app store. The Microsoft Teams tab or bot can be used to launch meetings through Microsoft Teams. Additionally, Microsoft Teams meetings can also be accessed from Zoom Rooms for users to participate in.