This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
Call flips allow you to put your current Zoom Phone call on hold and answer it on another device (Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or provisioned landline).
Content of this article:
- Start call flip (source device)
- Answering a call on hold (destination device)
- Desktop client or mobile app
- Fixed telephone
- Use of proximity call flip (Zoom Room)
- Zoom Phone License
Note: Use Call Park as an alternative to Call Flip if you do not have the following prerequisites :
Call flip between desktop client, mobile app, or landline
- Source device:
- Destination device:
Proximity call flip from mobile app to Zoom Room
- Source device:
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS version 5.2.1 or higher
- Destination Zoom Room:
- Users who sign in to the originating device must be registered in the same account as the destination Zoom Room.
Start call flip (source device)
- Make and receive calls using the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or provisioned landline .
- Use the in-call control to put the call on hold. A hold tone is played to the other party .
Answering a call on hold (destination device)
Desktop client or mobile app
- [Telephone] icon (desktop client), or [Phone] and then click or tap on the icon (mobile app).
- Click or tap the Shared Lines tab to see the calls you have put on hold.
- Click or tap the hold icon to answer the call.
- Go to the landline home screen.
- Find the phone line that is on hold. If your phone has a line key, it is indicated by a hold / public hold label, a red icon, a hold icon , or a flashing red light.
- To answer the call, press or tap the line key.
Use of proximity call flip (Zoom Room)
You can also use Call Flip to switch calls to a Zoom Room with a Zoom Phone license . To answer a put hold call in the Zoom Room, use the ultrasonic proximity signal feature to detect if the Zoom Room is nearby .
- Make and receive calls using the mobile app .
- Enter the room where the Zoom Room for switching calls is installed.
- On the Zoom mobile app screen during a call, tap Details , then tap Handoff to Room .
The Zoom mobile app detects nearby rooms and displays the room name.
Note: If Zoom cannot detect the room, you will be prompted to enter the shared key to flip the call . The shared key usually appears in the upper right corner of the Zoom Room display.
- Tap Handoff to this room to complete the call flip.
The Zoom Room screen shows the profile name of the other party . The controller displays the control screen during a call .