After you make or receive a call with your Zoom Phone, you can access in-call controls such as recording calls, adding members to calls, and forwarding calls.
- If you have addeda Zoom Room to your Zoom Phone, you will also be able to access these in-call controls when using the phone features on your Zoom Room controller . You can access all controls except the start of call recording.
- On the desktop client, some in-call controls can be performed with keyboard shortcuts.
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 4.4.52570.0415 or higher
- macOS: 4.4.52551.0414 or higher
- Linux: 3.0.285090.0826 and above
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 4.4.52504.0411 or higher
- iOS: 4.4.0 (52578.0415) and above
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.6.0 (40654.1216) or higher
- iOS: 4.6.0 (214.1214) and above
- Zoom Phone License
Control during a call
The following controls are available during a call. These controls are the same for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Whenyou access the in-call controls on the Zoom Room controller, you can access all controls except the start of call recording.
- On the desktop client, some in-call controls are available with keyboard shortcuts.
Mute / Unmute: Mute or unmute the microphone.
Keypad: Display the dial pad and enter numbers during a call. For example, the dial pad allows you to use options and enter extensions while playing an interactive answering machine message.
Audio: Open the audio settings and change the speaker and microphone volume.
Add Call: Display the dial pad, enter a number, and call another caller (three-way call). Each callee is connected individually, and the caller who is not designated as the callee is put on hold. Click or tap a name or number to switch between calls.
To consolidate calls and enable three-way calling, click or tap the merge icon and select the person or number you want to consolidate.
Hold / Release Hold: Puts the call on hold or resumes it. If you put it on hold, the other party will hear the hold tone. You can customize the music on hold in the Zoom web portal . While a call is on hold, you can use Call Flip to switch the phone to another device (Zoom desktop client, mobile app, landline).
Forward: Transfer the call to another number . You can also forward the call to voice mail.
Record: Starts or stops recording the contents of the call. You may hear a voice prompt telling you that the call is being recorded (the voice prompt can be disabled by your administrator). If your administrator has disabled recording of calls or enabled automatic recording, you will not be able to access the Record button. Again, you can access your existing recordings . You can play and manage your recordings using your desktop client, mobile app, or web portal .
You can also use the DTMF code to start and stop recording.
The following scenarios affect call recording:
- If you want to transfer the call,select the transfer option to end the recording. Applies when forwarding to external or internal contacts. If you choose warm transfer, you can resume recording and record the part before the transfer is complete.
- If you add a call after you start recording, the recording will continue for the first call. Recording ends when you merge the calls and start a three-way call. After you consolidate your calls, you can start recording new calls.
- If you add a call while automatic call recording is enabled, recording will continue for the first call. The Zoom Phone will start a new recording for the automatically added call. When you consolidate a call, a new recording will continue for the merged portion.
- When you promote a call to Zoom Meeting, the call recording (temporary or automatic) ends.
- If another Zoom Phone user takes over the call, the recording will end. If the user taking over the call has auto-recording enabled, another new recording will be started.
Meeting: Switch a Zoom Phone call to Zoom Meeting .
Details : Access the following controls.
- Call Park: Holds a call so that other users can pick up the call.
- Invite to ameeting : Enter the meeting URL to invite the called user to a Zoom meeting. If Outlook Calendar or Google Calendar is linked, you can select from the appointments that include Zoom meetings in the calendar.
- Minimize: Minimizes in-call controls and displays a screen for making calls.
- Switching to the carrier(only available in the mobile app): switch the call to the mobile phone carrier you can.
- Handoff to Room(only available in mobile app): Hand over the call to Zoom Room .