If a user wants to, they are capable of putting their phone calls on hold, which they can then resume with their own phone or Zoom client, if they so desire. Zoom Phone generates a code for retrieval after parking a call. Once the call is parked, any phone can retrieve the code so that the call can be resumed by another user. In case parked calls are not answered for a set period of time, administrators can set rules for routing calls accordingly.
Prerequisites for using the call park
- License for Zoom Phone
- Version 5.1.3 or higher and Zoom desktop client and mobile app
- On a desk phone that is configured to support call park
Call park compared to call transfer
Consider the following differences between call park and call transfer before you choose to use call park. By doing so, you will be able to determine whether Call Park is a good fit for your application.
- Instead of directly transferring the call to a number external to the phone owner or to another extension, the call is placed on hold.
- In the event of a lost or stolen phone, another Zoom client or provisioned device, can be used to retrieve and reactivate the call.
- You must be logged into the same account as the person who parked the call on the device or client that uses the retrieval code.
- In general, call parking is a valuable service in industrial settings where employees may not be able to sit at their desk, or perhaps will not have access to one. An employee of the company can park a call in a warehouse, announce the retrieval code over the intercom, and then invite another employee to continue the call when he or she is closer to the phone available.
How to change call park settings (admin)
Zoom Phone admins can change how long a call can be parked (expiry time) and how calls are routed once the expiry time is met.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed here.
- Click the Phone System Management link under the Navigation menu, followed by Company Info.
- Depending whether you have multiple sites, you’ll have access to different call park settings:
- You can edit any site you have enabled by clicking the name of the site you wish to edit.
- The steps are as follows: Click Account Settings to disable multiple sites.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Under Call Park, make the following changes:
- Expired Period:
- The period after which parked calls expire.
- When a parked call is not picked up:
- After parked calls have expired, specify how they are routed.
- Call Park Location Assignment:
- The BLF key on desk phones should be assigned to parked calls. Using the call park BLF key on the desk phone requires the key assignment to be set to Sequential
- Select a random BLF key to park the call.
- Find the next BLF key to park the call.
How to park a call (desktop client or mobile app)
- Log in to Zoom on your desktop or mobile device.
- Place a call or receive one.
- Tap or click More from the in-call controls.
- Select Park.
The 3-digit code for retrieving the file will be displayed (preceded by a *). No audio announcement will be played.
This call will be parked while the other party will be put on hold.
- The default Zoom hold music will be played while the other party is on hold. You are not able to have parked calls play customized hold music.
- The phone user who answers the parked call should be sent the 3-digit retrieval code.
- There is the option of picking up the parked call from the same 3-digit retrieval code and resuming the call. During the call duration of 30 seconds, the phone will automatically park back to the same 4-digit retrieval code, if the code is not obtained within that time. To change the default reservation time from 30 seconds, please contact Zoom.
How to park a call (desk phone)
Polycom VVX series
- Receive or make a call.
- Click or tap More.
- Click or tap Park.
You will receive an audio prompt (preceded by a *) displaying the 3-digit retrieval code. During this time, we will park the call and put the other participant on hold, while we continue the call.
- When the call is put on hold, the other participant will hear the default Zoom hold music. The current state of the art is that you can’t customize the parked call hold music.
- Keep the 3-digit retrieval code in your memory as well as send it to the person receiving the parked call who will then retrieve the call.
Yealink T4 or T5 series
- A call can be made or received.
- Tap or press Park to end the call.
The retrieval code (preceded by a *) will be announced with an audio prompt. You will park the call and put the other caller on hold.
- Zoom hold music will play for the call participant on hold. Currently, parked calls cannot have their hold music customized.
- The phone user who answers the parked call should be told the 3-digit retrieval code.
How to resume a parked call
The following steps can be followed by anyone with a retrieval code who has the ability to resume an unparked call.
- One of the following platforms can be used to access the dial pad. For more information, please visit the following links:
- are available by dialing and requesting the code. As an example, in the example below, you would dial *801 before the code.
This will now answer the parked call. If you aren’t the best person to answer, your call can be parked a second time, or transferred.
- This parked call can be picked up again by using the same three-digit retrieval code. if the call is not parked back within thirty seconds, the 3-digit retrieval code will be released so that the call can be re-parked. In the event that the call is not parked back within thirty seconds, the 3-digit retrieval code will be released. For change to the default time of 30 seconds used during the reservation process, you can contact Zoom for assistance.
Does Zoom have a calling feature?
Log into your Zoom mobile app by entering your Zoom username and password. Click on the Contacts tab. Upon tapping Contacts, you will be given the option to match phone numbers. You can use Zoom Phone to call a contact by tapping on their name, then tapping Phone Call from your phone to initiate a call
Can police track Zoom call?
Sharing of data with law enforcement authorities
In Zoom’s service, only meeting information requested by a host is stored on the cloud. If the content of a meeting is deleted from Zoom’s server after the meeting has ended, preservation requests can not be used to recover the data.
How much do Zoom calls cost?
In order to determine the pricing for Zoom, you will need to know what you intend to use the software for. It costs nothing to use Zoom for individual users who host 40 minute meetings with less than 100 participants, but with a phone plan it starts at $10 per user per month, and with a video calling plan it starts at $14.99 per month.
Does free Zoom allow call in?
There is no doubt that Zoom meeting attendees use VoIP due to its noise cancellation and low latency characteristics. There is no cost associated with toll dial-in options.
Do all Zoom calls get recorded?
A Zoom Phone call can be automatically recorded by turning on the auto recording feature. To let parties know that the call is being recorded, you can customize an audio prompt that will be played before the call begins.
Can Zoom calls be secretly recorded?
It is true that Zoom recorders such as EaseUS RecExperts can be used to secretly record Zoom meetings. In order to join a Zoom meeting, you need to first join in on one. Launch the Zoom meeting recorder and start recording the Zoom meeting videos. There is also an option to use an audio source, and you will be able to record your own voice as well as the audio from your system simultaneously.