Using the Zoom desktop client or Zoom Cloud, you will be able to save in-meeting chats either manually or automatically to your computer or Zoom Cloud. In case you save the chat locally to your computer, you will receive copies of all the chat messages you were able to see during the meeting and those that were sent to everyone attending the webinar/meeting. By cloud archiving a chat, you will be able to see all the conversations that have been sent to everyone, while also recording all the messages you sent while you were recording.
Prerequisites for saving in-meeting chat
- Using Zoom’s desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.3 or higher
- MacOS: 5.7.3 or higher
- Linux: 5.7.3 or higher
- If you are a Zoom Cloud subscriber, you have the option of capturing a chat to the cloud (for saving it).
How to save in-meeting chat manually
If you wish to be able to save chats made during a meeting manually, you must first enable the Chat setting, and then select the option that allows users to save chats made during a meeting for the box to be enabled. You can save your in-meeting chat by saving it locally on your computer when you save it during the meeting.
In order to manually save in Zoom-meeting chats, follow these steps:
- Create a meeting or join one already in progress.
- Click the Chat button during the meeting.
- You can save the chat by clicking the ellipsis on the lower right-hand side of the window, and then clicking the button Save Chat.
This will save the recorded chat in the location where you store your recordings. If this default is your Documents folder / Zoom / Folder, then the name, date, and time of the meeting will automatically be displayed.
How to auto-save in Zoom-meeting chat
A host can set up in-meeting chats to be automatically saved so that at the end of the meeting he does not have to manually save all the text that was discussed during the meeting. Hosts must enable the Auto saving chats setting before automatic saving can take place. Otherwise, their chats will not be saved.
Read it also –
|How To Save In Meeting Chat In Zoom App|
|How To Save Zoom Webinar Schedule Creation As A Template|
How to save in Zoom-meeting chat to the Zoom cloud
Licensed Zoom users who have the option to record to the cloud can record their in-meeting chat to the Zoom Cloud when they choose to record to the cloud.
You can choose to have your chats saved in the cloud
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Then click Settings from the menu bar on the left side of the screen.
- You will find a tab called Recording.
- There, you will choose whether to enable or disable cloud recording, which you can do through the toggle.
- Verify the change by clicking The Enable or Disable button if a verification dialog displays.
- It is possible that the selection is grayed out due to either a security policy or a setting within the group. In this case, you will need to contact the Zoom administrators.
- During the cloud recording process, you can choose whether to store chat messages from the meeting / webinar.
- Using the Advanced cloud recording options, the panelist chat can be saved to the recording by selecting the Save panelist chat to the recording check box.
Panelists can send messages to all of the panelists or to all of the panelists and attendees during a webinar, and the messages can be saved for later viewing.
- After clicking Save, the message will appear.
You can access your saved in-meeting chats through the cloud
The following options will allow you to access your meeting recording:
- When your recording is available in the cloud, you will be notified via email. The email will contain a link with instructions on how to view or download your recording.
- After the recording has been processed, you can access your saved in-meeting chats via the cloud:
- You will need to sign into the Zoom website.
- Go to the Recordings tab at the top of the page.
- From the Recordings tab, select Cloud Recordings.
- The topic of the meeting will appear.
From this point on, all files related to your meeting will be displayed. The chat file is a TXT file, that can be downloaded, shared, or deleted.
How to access your saved in-meeting chats at the location where they are stored by default on your computer
Your local recording location will receive a copy of the in-meeting chat. This is the default setting, where the meeting name, date, time and Zoom folder is in the Documents folder / Zoom / Folder.
View the local recording path
- Launch Zoom on your computer and sign in.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Click Recording.
By Store my recording at, this will list the selected default recording path.
Change the default save location
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings .
- Then click Recording.
- In the Local Recording section, click Change and select the location where you want the recording to be stored.
Frequently Asked Questions