This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
It provides you with the possibility of remotely managing your device through the “Supervised Mode”.
- In order to use Apple Configurator 2, you need to download the latest version from the App Store.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPad to the computer and select Trust on your iPad when it asks you to trust it.
- The Find My iPad feature can be turned off by going to Settings, Apple ID, then iCloud and tapping it.
- In Apple Configurator 2, click the Prepare icon to begin the preparation process.
- Then select both Supervise devices and Allow devices to pair with other computers and prepare the connections using Manual Configuration if you are unfamiliar with it.
- If you have already enrolled in a MDM, select Select a server, otherwise select Do not enroll in a MDM if you do not already have an account. During this process you will be able to allow Zoom to supervise your device, and not enroll in Zoom’s MDM service
- You can create a new organization or choose one from the list.
- Using the Setup Assistant, the user will be able to choose which steps they wish to be presented with. Once set up, click Prepare. I recommend selecting the option that allows you to see all steps at once.
- In order to set your iPad into Supervised Mode, you will need to follow the instructions on the iPad’s Setup Assistant. Tap Settings on your device to verify that it is in supervised mode, and then tap Device Status.