This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
This feature allows you to share your screen with the other participants and the Zoom desktop application window appears to them. A Zoom user can show the features of the meeting toolbar as well as show actions in the Zoom desktop client. When screen sharing, you can refer to a Zoom Window or a meeting control during the screen share to show another participant how you are using Zoom or to teach another participant about the different Zoom features you are using.
Note: When you share your screen, the Zoom window and meeting controls are not shared by default with other participants. Zoom’s Show Zoom windows during screen sharing feature requires being enabled in the Zoom web portal before it will be available in the Zoom desktop client.
Prerequisites for Show Zoom windows during screen share
- Zoom desktop client
- For Windows: 5.0.0 or higher
- For macOS: 5.0.0 or higher
- For Linux: 5.0.0 or higher
- You must be the account owner or the administrator
Enabling Showing Zoom windows during screen share
Showing Zoom windows during screen sharing is enabled or disabled for all users in your account when prompted by the following command:
- As a Zoom account administrator, it is your responsibility to sign into the Zoom web portal to make changes to your account settings.
- Simply click the Account Management tab in the navigation panel, then click the Account Settings tab.
- The Meetings tab will appear.
- On the In Meeting (Basic) page, you will be able to toggle whether Zoom windows should be shown during screen sharing.
- Click Enable or Disable if you see a confirmation dialog box asking if you want to acknowledge the change.
- Adding this feature as mandatory for all users in your account is an option, which you can accomplish by clicking the lock icon. Please click Lock once the setting confirmation is complete.
- Firstly, you will need to sign out and log back in to Zoom again.
The client can also be closed and reopened by simply closing it and reopening it.
- The second action is clicking on your profile picture, which will take you to your settings page.
- Click the Share Screen button.
- The participant’s Zoom window should show to other participants when I am screen sharing and the box should be checked.
During screen sharing, you have the option to display Zoom windows or not during the screen share.
- If you are an admin with a privilege to edit groups, you will be asked to log in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- Click Administration then Group Management on the left-hand side of the screen.
- From the list of groups, select one that applies to you.
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- To turn on or off the option to show Zoom windows during screen-sharing, select the Showing Zoom windows during screen-sharing toggle for In Meeting (Basic).
- Click on Enable or Disable in the dialog box to enable or disable the change if a verification dialog appears.
Note: This means it has been locked at the level of the account and so you need to edit that at that level in order to make some changes there.
- Click the lock icon to make this setting mandatory and then click Lock to confirm the setting to allow this setting to be used by all the members of the group.
- You must sign out of Zoom, then sign in again to use this setting.
You can also shut down or restart Zoom to use this setting.
- Simply click on your profile picture, then select Settings.
- Click on the Share Screen button.
- If you are participating in screen sharing, you will need to make sure the checkbox Show my Zoom Windows to other participants is selected.
During screen sharing you can use the following options in order to show or hide Zoom windows.
- Register for a Zoom account and log in.
- Then click Settings at the top of the screen.
- On the next screen, click Meetings.
- You can enable or disable this feature by clicking the toggle next to Showing Zoom windows during screen sharing under In Meeting (Basic).
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
Note: Grayed out options mean that they are either locked at the group or account level, depending on which. Contact the Zoom administrator if this is the case.
- Hopefully this will resolve the issue. Simply sign out of Zoom and sign in again.
Another option is to quit and open the Zoom client again.
- You need to click your profile picture and then to the settings menu.
- Select the Share Screen option.
- The Show my Zoom Windows box should be selected when I am sharing my screen with other participants during screen sharing.