Adobe Creative Cloud notifications are sent to Zoom chat channels through the Zoom chat app for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Prerequisites for using the Zoom app for Creative Cloud
- I have a Zoom account.
- In Adobe Creative Cloud that has been verified
- Adobe Creative Cloud pre-approval to use their chat application in Zoom Marketplace
Note: Please contact your Zoom administrator if your app does not appear to be pre-approved.
Note: It is important to note that this chat app will only work on Macs running version 4.6.2 and up.
How to add and configure
Add the integration from Zoom Marketplace
- In order to access the Zoom Marketplace, you will have to log in as an administrator to your Zoom account.
- Find Adobe Creative Cloud in your search results and select it.
- Pre-approval of an app is needed if it has not been approved before.
- When adding the app click Confirm App permissions, then select Authorize.
- The Zoom chat app for Adobe Creative Cloud will also be added and available to all users registered with Zoom. You will then be redirected to a success page. It will appear under the APPS section in the Zoom client as a chat application for the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Now, you have to choose an Adobe Creative Cloud account to authorize Zoom to access your Adobe Creative Cloud account.
Connect and configure the Adobe Creative Cloud chat app
- From the Zoom Marketplace, add the Adobe Creative Cloud app. And once you do that, switch to the 1:1 Zoom chat channel that corresponds to the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
- Click on the connect button.
- Authentication will be supported on your account by Adobe Creative Cloud, once the chat app for Adobe Creative Cloud responds with the link.
- You will then be able to authorize your account through this link.
- When you receive a successful authorization message in Zoom chat, you will also receive a successful web page.
- In Zoom IM, using the configure command, any user can set up notifications to be sent to any chat channel.
Using the chat commands
You need to type /acc before the command in a group channel
The Adobe Creative Cloud chat app gives you a list of all the commands you can use with it if you type the word help.
- Configure the Adobe Creative Cloud notifications to be delivered to Zoom chat channels with the configure command.
- Follow the link to bring up a web page that allows you to configure notifications.
When you configure Zoom chat channels, you will receive notifications from those channels as soon as you do. There are a number of ways that you can subscribe to receive notifications, including:
Asset Created: Contains the Asset Name, the Path, and the Format of the Asset.
Asset Updated: Name, path, and format of the asset are included. The update menu item is triggered when the Updated menu item is clicked on the asset.
Asset Deleted: The Asset Name and Format are included in this field. I will only receive an email when the asset is permanently deleted. If an asset does not have the ability to be permanently deleted, you can permanently delete it by deleting it first, then expanding the Deleted directory, and finally deleting it permanently.
Directory Created: The path to the directory as well as the name of the directory.
Within a few seconds of the event taking place on Adobe Creative Cloud, a Zoom notification appears in the client. As an example notification, here is what a notification looks like for creating an asset:
- You can create a Zoom meeting by issuing the meet command, and then you can get the link to join the Zoom meeting.
- In your Zoom Client you will be able to find the meeting under the Meetings tab on the Meetings tab in the list of upcoming meetings.
Connect your Adobe Creative Cloud account to Zoom with the disconnect command by following these steps:
How to remove the Adobe Creative Cloud chat app
- You can access the Zoom Marketplace by logging into your Zoom account and navigating there.
- Type Adobe Creative Cloud in the search bar.
- If you are logged in, click Manage then click Added Apps to find the app.
- Then, click Remove next to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action.
- There are several different types of information that this app has access to on Zoom:
- A listing of all the channels that a Zoom user has subscribed to under the Zoom account.
- The user can see the details of existing meetings that are associated with their account.
- Under the Zoom account, you can view all the information regarding the user.
- The following permissions are permitted for the Zoom chat app:
- To send a chat message to a user under the Zoom account in an IM channel or Zoom chat room.
- The Zoom account holder can create a Zoom meeting on behalf of any member of the Zoom account.
- Using this app, Adobe Creative Cloud gives this app access to the following information:
- It allows this app to read information about Creative Cloud files and folders.
- Data Accessed: All endpoints returned a response
- Data Displayed: This page contains information about assets and directories
- Data stored in DB: Tokens of access, tokens of refresh
- Data send by Adobe to the app: Complete response from the endpoints
- This chat app has the following scope permissions on Adobe Creative Cloud: READ Access: READ_openID and READ_creative_sdk
- We have encrypted the communication between this chat app and Zoom/Adobe Creative Cloud in order to protect your privacy:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
- Data is stored locally in the chat app in order to store access credentials:
- In an encrypted database, Adobe Creative Cloud (Administrator level and User level) and Zoom API credentials (Administrator level and User level) are stored.